Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tigris
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Jetblaze
  • 1 Post By Tulia

Thread: PVP Options/Mercenary+rewards

Default PVP Options/Mercenary+rewards

Hi to All.
    I've decided to Post this subject on the current mercenary system, It's still a strong talking point in pvp how "one side being (Red or Blue Factions) is Bad and the other does better or Vice Versa", Just trying to put this in a polite sense as possible cause I'm sure most players come across it daily in a much more vulgar description and there is still a big majority of these players who don't want this system implemented.

I still think the Mercenary system is a great idea it adds alot of flavor to pvp, we're all just Players after all and this should be apparent when you are Queued as a Mercenary and that we share the same ambition regardless what side your on which is Winning;
    However I do agree on some aspects as to what makes a Player "A Defiant or Guardian" so getting to the point scraping the current System and letting players Queue up for Mercenary as an option with its own Currency and Rewards for their Participation, below some suggestions listed.
    Mecenary rewards.
    - Mercenary Ranking System + Notoriety.
    - A number of daily Objectives that contribute to mercenary Reputation.
    - Mercenary Badge, Attainable at Revered status Rep, displayed on your character's arm of choice or both.
    -Title's: "Hired Gun","Bounty Hunter", "Slaughter In the Masses","Wanted Abroad" some suggestions that take some effort grinding and not so easily attainable.
    -Mercenary Mounts: a Unique mount avialbe once you arrive in the 50-60 bracket, ok again just a suggestion i really like those griffons in Shimmersand you know perched on the cliffs just behind fortunes shore perhaps with some great looking armor mods.
    - Bind On Equip Mercenary Armor/Weapon skins that drop in warfronts only and must be rolled for.
    - An awarded Signet system in accordance to pvp kills, when reached 50,100,500,1000,5000,10.000 etc; your receive a badge which can be viewed by other players when "Inspecting" your wardrobe and these can also be used as "Soulbound Trophies" that can be placed inside your Dimension as bragging rights.
    -Dimension Items, Banners, trophies, a Customizable coat of Arms for your banners, warplan table, unique weapon display wallmounts again awarded in association with Ranking.
    - Exclusive Faction Immunity: This feature only be available once you reached the limit of Notoriety, which would allow you to go to the opposites faction city as an Untouchable, don't mean you cant be killed though if you unflagged yourself for pvp lol.
    -Cape slot Options, i don't know about you but im still icky of the look of capes that resemble the "other game"...i used to grind with, what was it again hmm, never mind, but here i would like to see more creativity like for instance with Mercenary's could get a a Heavy, Trench Coat, or Bombers backpack or... a scarf?... anyway something unique again to distinguish you been out causing havoc.

Further i would like so see similar suggestions to these above for Normal Faction Queues that oppose the Mercenary's, for Example in relation to mercenary kills 50.100.500 etc. with their own titles.
    Warfront over all title" The Warmaster" this would be great once you completed all the Notoriety gains for all warfront factions including the mercenary notoriety if i we're implemented.

City Raiding! wish this happened as much as it used to when Rift first came out, I'm not sure how alone i am on this idea but, It took alot of effort to get to a faction boss and kill them, but you had no recognition for the feat so i guess that could be part of why players lost interest, but could you all shed some light on this, wouldn't players like to be recognized for pulling off such a feat on their Resume and being awarded a title and perhaps a reward like a mount and here's another wild crazy idea, the raided City as their new claimed Dimension! which are purchased through the Riftstore or your veteran vendor once you complete the feat, Again
    Here i see this would make an awesome Weekly Event with its success's and failure's so it should be no easy task and would need a greater calling of players to come together on a mass scale event, Cities Defenses should also be ridiculously increased for example.

City defenses: - Turrets and player usable cannon's, these can be used against attackers or if overwhelmed can be taken over onto defending players! come on lets take pvp to the extreme! bring it and watch em pack up their beds;hmm maybe on that note and achievement after killing 500 players "Pack up and get out.... NOW!".
    -More elites in the Boss's Quarters.
    -Destructible City walls, that a take a day or 2 to repair themselves, gives your enough time for a screenshot and to bring your buddy later on to show them your handy work!.
    -Truely epic/legendary Item Boss drop, be it off the Boss's inner sanctum protectors(Epics) or off the boss him/herself(Legendary- rarely dropped), which stats can be adjusted in relation to your class build.
    -
    Whole raid participants Dimension Trophy of the Faction Boss's armor+weapon that can be laced at that very special place inside your new Meridian/Sanctum Dimension.

So these are some thoughts on stuff to make Mercenary/Non Mercenary and Zone pvp more attractive and to generate more depth into the current pvp layout, mostly we do alot of things that have no purpose or little meaning anymore how about fixing this aspect please, Anyway tyvm to all you reading this and please drop me a like if you will and Hope Trion gets a look at this too i would Love to hear a response,

Soulwalker

Sadly the current merc system appears to be here to stay but......this section is Golden why is it being overlooked if only pvp were like this!

City Raiding! wish this happened as much as it used to when Rift first came out, I'm not sure how alone i am on this idea but, It took alot of effort to get to a faction boss and kill them, but you had no recognition for the feat so i guess that could be part of why players lost interest, but could you all shed some light on this, wouldn't players like to be recognized for pulling off such a feat on their Resume and being awarded a title and perhaps a reward like a mount and here's another wild crazy idea, the raided City as their new claimed Dimension! which are purchased through the Riftstore or your veteran vendor once you complete the feat, Again
    Here i see this would make an awesome Weekly Event with its success's and failure's so it should be no easy task and would need a greater calling of players to come together on a mass scale event, Cities Defenses should also be ridiculously increased for example.

City defenses: - Turrets and player usable cannon's, these can be used against attackers or if overwhelmed can be taken over onto defending players! come on lets take pvp to the extreme! bring it and watch em pack up their beds;hmm maybe on that note and achievement after killing 500 players "Pack up and get out.... NOW!".
    -More elites in the Boss's Quarters.
    -Destructible City walls, that a take a day or 2 to repair themselves, gives your enough time for a screenshot and to bring your buddy later on to show them your handy work!.
    -Truely epic/legendary Item Boss drop, be it off the Boss's inner sanctum protectors(Epics) or off the boss him/herself(Legendary- rarely dropped), which stats can be adjusted in relation to your class build.

Sweet, now instead of explaining to people mercs are here to stay, we get to explain to people the mechanics of the system and how it technically isn't a merc anymore at all.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Sweet, now instead of explaining to people mercs are here to stay, we get to explain to people the mechanics of the system and how it technically isn't a merc anymore at all.
    well if were going to go into technicalities, such as merc and passive pvp on pve shards, why not let Cyrill Kalmar and Asha Catari get married, reason being what does it mean to be Guardian or Defiant anymore? we dungeon together we pvp together and we Guild together so its really just a matter of ethnical choice when you choose your character.. And you know they want to get hitched right, anyway I for one wont be attending that wedding on that day, I have an appointment with the donut shop they're preparing me special pink donuts.

The faction was just left over there. The game doesn't know what faction you are as far as what team you get placed on. Dag explained what causes it to pick the faction. That is sort of picked after the teams are picked from what it sounded like but doesn't play into your 'side'. This is how I interpreted it.

1. It would be silly to reward for merc anyway. It was a quality of life change to make the game smoother in queues.

2. Rewarding it now would be flat out unfair because the chance of you not being on the same color of your faction (it's red vs blue now for all that matters) is out of your control.

Mercs are gone. They are finally aiming on what matters in a PvP match. And it definitely isn't fake rivalry. They tried that. While fun to imagine, what it causes it long queues and unbalanced games that repeat themselves over and over if it starts. Should read the patch notes and Dags post about the queue system, it will answer most you need to know for Rift.

Should sticky stuff like this!
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-10-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The faction was just left over there. The game doesn't know what faction you are as far as what team you get placed on. Dag explained what causes it to pick the faction. That is sort of picked after the teams are picked from what it sounded like but doesn't play into your 'side'. This is how I interpreted it.

1. It would be silly to reward for merc anyway. It was a quality of life change to make the game smoother in queues.

2. Rewarding it now would be flat out unfair because the chance of you not being on the same color of your faction (it's red vs blue now for all that matters) is out of your control.

Mercs are gone. They are finally aiming on what matters in a PvP match. And it definitely isn't fake rivalry. They tried that. While fun to imagine, what it causes it long queues and unbalanced games that repeat themselves over and over if it starts. Should read the patch notes and Dags post about the queue system, it will answer most you need to know for Rift.

Should sticky stuff like this!
    as i said in other thread: what could possibly be so difficult to paint red and green color over those faction symbols in Warfronts is beyond my believe ^^. Is Rift really that badly coded? Thought those 200+ Million Dollars would have been enough to hire decent coders ^^

Soulwalker

sorry i think i may have been misunderstood, what i meant was since it don't matter anymore which side you are placed in pvp being "Red" or "Blue" why not just ditch the factions altogether turn the game into a Factionless game like TERA or GW2 for examples, saying the Merc system doesn't exist and were already in guilds and multiqueuing together why are factions necessary now, let Cyrill and Asha get hitched, Meridian and Sanctum can just be places for dailies.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblaze View Post
    sorry i think i may have been misunderstood, what i meant was since it don't matter anymore which side you are placed in pvp being "Red" or "Blue" why not just ditch the factions altogether turn the game into a Factionless game like TERA or GW2 for examples, saying the Merc system doesn't exist and were already in guilds and multiqueuing together why are factions necessary now, let Cyrill and Asha get hitched, Meridian and Sanctum can just be places for dailies.
    The System is there to balance WFs only.
    Outside of the WFs you still have two factions. There are even PvP servers and - gasp- open World PvP dailies
    The WF change was necessary due to queue times, the one you propose would require a complete redesign of the whole game and bring nothing productive as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    The System is there to balance WFs only.
    Outside of the WFs you still have two factions. There are even PvP servers and - gasp- open World PvP dailies
    The WF change was necessary due to queue times, the one you propose would require a complete redesign of the whole game and bring nothing productive as a result.
    This is true, im not sure where you are located(NA, EU?), cause currently there is 1 shard (Seastone) which is the only pvp shard on my server list so that would make it a minority where there's 7other shards that Seldom do world pvp!, so maybe something like this proposal as a weekly objective cause add more motivation to these non pvp shards to get involved and rekindle what it means to be a defiant or guardian.

well i'll be posting a new thread on who doesn't want a blue or red autopick or Mercenary system just to see what players think.

+ Reply to Thread