+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Lack of Healers?

Shadowlander

Default Lack of Healers?

Just curious. Is there a lack of healers lately or am I just entering warfronts at the wrong time? There seems to be too many warfronts where I may be the only healer, with no one switching specs, even though maybe they could.

I find lack of effective dps is the problem lately.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I feel the need to point out, and i'm sure the above poster will agree, that this has nothing to do with topping the damage charts by afk 22222222'ing wherever there are the most people.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

If there's a lack of healers, its because the healers are always in the wrong. Here's how a conversation went down between a very rude Cleric and I.

Him: "Where are the damn healers???"
    Me: Well I'm here and there are like two more."
    Him: "You're doing a ****ty job."
    Me: "I'm #1 healer with the #2 over 100k heals behind me. How am I doing a ****ty job?"
    Him: "Because I'm dead."
    Me: "I can't help if you're overextending my reach. I can only heal 35 meters and I'm not going to put myself in harms way for a rambo."
    Him: "Look you little ****, I'm carrying the team on my back so keep me alive."
    Me: "You're not gonna receive any more heals from me. And there's no way you're carrying the team given you're arguing with me instead of capping objectives and you're #9 DPS."

He then continued swearing at me in tells until I put him on ignore.

And that's why there's a lack of healers.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

I actually rage logged to my healer a few days ago because I couldn't stand the lack of healers .

I wish, really wish sometimes, I could just exchange all my rogues character progression to my cleric. Could be such a beast healer. And show people how inq'ing is done =/. I am always so disappoint.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

If matchmaking goes by wins and losses, and knowing the power healers have over that factor, I'm gonna say they moved up into the higher bracket of healing circle jerks, leaving the dps and tank builds to participate in their low tier team death match mode.

my last wf before the servers went back down was a whitefall with about 11 people in it, with 6 clerics on the guard side, only one of which was dps, the rest defilers/sents. defiant side had one sent, who i felt pretty bad for.

there are plenty of healers out there, they're just mostly all on one faction.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Me: "I can't help if you're overextending my reach. I can only heal 35 meters and I'm not going to put myself in harms way for a rambo."
    Well could you move up some to help? He's trying to lead the team forward.

I was at the Codex keeping 5 other people alive while he was running down towards the other objective.

If there was an actual push towards that objective I would've, but I'm not gonna pocket-heal an Assassin that's doing stupid things.

That's not why I queue.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Quote Originally Posted by safffire View Post
    Just curious. Is there a lack of healers lately or am I just entering warfronts at the wrong time? There seems to be too many warfronts where I may be the only healer, with no one switching specs, even though maybe they could.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about it but healing is an underappreciated job...oh goodness my neighbor is choking his wife ..brb

I'm not gonna pocket-heal an Assassin .
    OH lord you don't heal 3/4 your team?! :P

If there's a lack of healers, its because the healers are always in the wrong. Here's how a conversation went down between a very rude Cleric and I.

Him: "Where are the damn healers???"
    Me: Well I'm here and there are like two more."
    Him: "You're doing a ****ty job."
    Me: "I'm #1 healer with the #2 over 100k heals behind me. How am I doing a ****ty job?"
    Him: "Because I'm dead."
    Him: "Look you little ****, I'm carrying the team on my back so keep me alive."
    Me: "You're not gonna receive any more heals from me. And there's no way you're carrying the team given you're arguing with me instead of capping objectives and you're #9 DPS."

He then continued swearing at me in tells until I put him on ignore.

And that's why there's a lack of healers.
    Were you warden?
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    Were you warden?
    I'm a Chloro

@Spaceboots I'm not gonna pocket heal as in he's not gonna get any mouseovers on him. There's no way to keep him from taking my Lifegiving Veil healing.

Rift Chaser

I run into many situations where the mid-line of my team retreats behind me when I retreat into them so they'll pull the other teams front/mid lines off of me. Then our teams frontlines continues to push into the other teams backline while my teams midline retreats instead of fighting back.

TL;DR There are times when frontliners should retreat, and when healers should push forward. Some people just tunnel vision or don't care about positioning.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

I'll heal bot you, bootsy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast