+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stirby

Thread: Planar Focus questions

Plane Walker

Default Planar Focus questions

So I've seen some little blurbs here and there regarding PvE essences over PvP ones?

I have a full conquest essence foci. I'm also still working towards Torvan venerated. Just curious if something has changed to make PvE based essences more desireable? if so, which ones for a rogue?

I can't imagine using a full PvE one because you'd lose soo much in PvP stats. Perhaps it's a mix of both? Maybe at R90 with full Myrm gear?

all pve essences are bolstered to slightly worse stats than the FL essences, slotting anything besides store bought FL essences will see them replaced in a warfront or conquest. mercenary essences are obsolete, aside from in open world, where nothing is bolstered.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

Not quite sure I'm following you here Ecru?

Are you saying the highest PvP essences are now useless (think im running merc ones, cant check atm. at work) and bolstered PvE venerated ones would be better? Except in the case of open world PvP where the PvE types would NOT be bolstered?

I mostly run WF's and conquest. Maybe I should have mentioned that. I;m not on a PvP server.
    Last edited by Dreyloch; 11-06-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    Not quite sure I'm following you here Ecru?

Are you saying the highest PvP essences are now useless (think im running merc ones, cant check atm. at work) and bolstered PvE venerated ones would be better? Except in the case of open world PvP where the PvE types would NOT be bolstered?

I mostly run WF's and conquest. Maybe I should have mentioned that. I;m not on a PvP server.
    no, he's saying all essences, whether they are PVP or PVE, get bolstered to the exact same essences. The only exception is FL essences, which are very slightly better than the essences everything else is bolstered to.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby View Post
    no, he's saying all essences, whether they are PVP or PVE, get bolstered to the exact same essences. The only exception is FL essences, which are very slightly better than the essences everything else is bolstered to.
    Do greater essences lose their procs when bolstered, I don't own any yet but that could be where the BiS argument comes from if they don't lose it.

I honestly have no idea, but that seems like a likely source for the theory. You don't lose crystal bonuses activated by your bolstered pve gear after all.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Do greater essences lose their procs when bolstered, I don't own any yet but that could be where the BiS argument comes from if they don't lose it.

I honestly have no idea, but that seems like a likely source for the theory. You don't lose crystal bonuses activated by your bolstered pve gear after all.
    ^this is kinda why I'm asking since I'm getting closer to venerated on Torvan faction. I think the procs will work, and if they are bolstered then it might be worth trying out PvE essences, or maybe just a couple for procs in my focus.

procs wont work as your essenses are being replaced, doesnt matter what you have the game will replace em with pvp essenses. only trinkets and seals do not get replaced, and runes.

+ Reply to Thread