+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cleric: Purifier v. Sentinel

Default Cleric: Purifier v. Sentinel

I've had a sentinel pvp spec forever. It feels useful and my survivability is pretty darn good most of the time. The downside is how immobile it is. Long casts and the inability to move are aggravating sometimes.

I've never messed with the soul, but I'm told that purifiers have a lot more instant-cast abilities. For WF's, is a decent purifier as useful as a sentinel? They have comparable survivability/escapability? Is is worth exploring?

Would appreciate your pvp insights.

Telaran

Puri is alot worse for WFs as its main heal(ward of flame) is a 3 sec channel and it has no burst healing potential, great for pocket healing bad for anything else(besides flame of life but thats not quite worth it)

What i, and most other pvp sentinels, do is get enough points into puri for atleast healing flare, HF combined with healer's blessing and faith rewarded is a very solid spam heal that has no cast time, it is weaker than subtle invocation but obviously it has no channel so it has its use

Also Puri has 1 big cooldown for ST(i dont count the absorb cooldown because not burst so the target will die anyway) whereas senti has 4(?) + a reset and a 2nd break free
    Last edited by heartoftheforce; 11-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Sentinal is hands down the best cleric healing soul for PvP. However, for larger battles like Port Scion and Conquest, warden is worth having as well. If you have two friends, a trio of Sentinal, Warden and Defiler is incredibly potent and nearly impossible to efficiently defeat in regular warfronts.

No purifier anyware. It has many uses... PvP isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Zelurk; 11-04-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Zenahk@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Zelurk View Post
    No purifier anyware. It has many uses... PvP isn't one of them.
    I solo healed in Puri for about 3 hours the other day and did fine. It's a definite change from either Sentinel or Defiler but to say it doesn't work is outrageous. It effectively shuts down Necros and other DoT classes. The 61pt ability is insane and only on a mediumish cooldown, I was getting 10k ticks from it on 5 different people at once.

A good healer can take the spec and make it work. 7% dmg reduction might not seem a lot but it can save people.

Puri is horrible and people should never ever ever use it for any sort of pvp. In fact if you are not brain dead and are capable of running this soul effectively please private message me to become Jedi.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Soulwalker

Since SL dropped I've been using Puri for pvp heals. I briefly tried using Sent and it didn't just feel right or I wasn't very good with it. Puri has great survivability and I can main heal in warfronts just fine (depending on how much AoE damage we're facing). That is one weakness in that it IS hard to AoE heal especially if your whole raid is getting hit hard. We really just have Flame of Life (which is amazing at only a 90 sec CD). And then Gathering of Flames helps a little but once you've exhausted those you can struggle to get everyone back up. I like healing Puri because it can be a very strong support healing spec. I use Sign of Faith and am constantly spamming healing spray on the whole team to keep that 7% dmg reduction buff up at all times. That mixed with the warden 2% dmg reduction can be very powerful, not to mention the other Puri Signs stack. It seems to have better mobility than Sent and I can run away and still be effective.

Ward of flame is 3 sec cast which is a bit long but sometimes I'm able to pre-cast to have one ready. And when that's not possible, Ward of Scortching is used but is very expensive so I'm always popping Soul Brand to make up for lost mana. I use 61 puri/0 warden/ 15 sent

puri is almost always a very easy kill for me, they die much much faster than sents and a little faster than defilers. if you're the only cleric, i'm not on you or somehow didn't notice you, and i see my target being shielded, you're prob. gonna die.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

IMO puri is extremely good and the people who say it is bad for PvP are probably not playing it right.

While it is true that it doesn't have much in the way of burst heals, it does have some serious burst shielding. The shields can be purged however.

Like all healing souls, puri really excels when it is complimented with a sent/defiler/chloro.

Both are good in their own ways.

Purifier: While its not great at actual healing (it is, just not as great as Sentinel). It works at using shields to increase the target's effective health pool. For things like the Runevessels in Library of the Runemasters, where eventually you just take more damage than you have health, the Purifier's shields are amazing.

Sentinel: Pure healing, probably the best ST healing soul in the game, but can be easily shut down. Is easily mana drained.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Purifier is a good support healer at best, isnt as good as sent and doesnt offer links but it does kill burst damage if the healer is paying attention, with a good sent and defiler/chloro it makes it near impossible to burst anyone down in a pug setting but 9/10 sent is best

Is thread for real? Honestly question. Seems like trollbait, and I refuse to fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Is thread for real? Honestly question. Seems like trollbait, and I refuse to fall for it.
    Maybe instead of being an ***, you could either keep your mouth shut or just answer the question.

Maybe he's just new to Clerics or just wants to know? Maybe he's just not as good as you claim to be.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Maybe instead of being an ***, you could either keep your mouth shut or just answer the question.

Maybe he's just new to Clerics or just wants to know? Maybe he's just not as good as you claim to be.
    I think there actually is a combo of troll and serious in there. I for one breathe a deep sigh of relief when I notice the healer is a puri or warden whenever I'm on the other team

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post

No thanks.

If you're healing as a cleric you're doing it wrong. Druidz4life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast