+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: PVP status on Seastone?

Default PVP status on Seastone?

Hey guys,

So I popped back onto Rift again to check things out. How's the PvP on Seastone now that the shards merged?
    Any guilds that focus primarily on PVP there? i.e. OWPVP/Premades

ATM I'm on deepwood with some old friends but haven't seen much of them either since I'm not 60 and can't run conquests-

Just missing the OWPVP back in 2011 like everybody else who was there to experience it.

Sheath
    Missing the old PVP 2011. Sheathe@Deepwood

Lee: Don't think. FEEEEEEEEL! It's like a finger pointing at the moon.
    Lee: Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory!
    - Enter the Dragon (1973)

Its definitely different then 2011 WPvP.

Mei

ew, we are legend

but yeah WPvP is basically just 5 assassins opening at the same time now
    Fluent

Can someone find the link to enforcers braircliff vs wal video?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    ew, we are legend

but yeah WPvP is basically just 5 assassins opening at the same time now
    Make that 10.

Literally the only people I ever see at dailies are rogues.
    It feels like I am literally just there to bait out their sins so my sins can kill them.

lol sounds reassuring. Any guilds trying to bring it back?

Went to a few other games and just can't find the same enjoyment. All the games nowadays suck- though of course imo

Lee: Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TehNova View Post

Went to a few other games and just can't find the same enjoyment. All the games nowadays suck- though of course imo
    I think the main problem was the expansion took people out the capital cities and away from the main land.

Quote Originally Posted by TehNova View Post

Yes all the mmos do suck currently.....

That's why everyone just plays LoL and so should you.

Yuck...LoL
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Yuck...LoL
    ^Agree. If anything I'd pick up SC2 before I start up LoL/DOTA =) Was a classic sc player anyways till the game died... still play it once in a while w the same people who don't want to let it go hahah

lol LoL
    relevent

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    lol LoL
    relevent
    That's how I feel when I see tank spec players in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    Its definitely different then 2011 WPvP.
    No PvP rifts, either. That would help, since the rogue buffs...they are the main ones that do dailies, now.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Hmm.. guess they really turned their backs on PVP, no more PVP rifts either? Though I'm hearing about the 5v5 matches coming 2.5..

Still prefer WPVP though, that's always more fun =P Community makes most of the game so if there are no WPVPers, then I guess it won't happen.

I'll transfer to Seastone in the future- for now I'll just do WFs/Conquests to gear up and avoid dealing with P80/90s Lol.

So..atm I'm Lv56 @P60 hitting Max Favor- any advice on what to spend my favor on? So far I've been advised to spend it on:
    1) the Lv50 trinket to upgrade to FL trinket
    2) the Conquest sigil focus (+50 vengeance) + Merc lessers

But I'm more inclined to spend it on FL gear than those.. unless somebody explains to me otherwise Lol I prefer the 60atk/60vengence trinket over the lv.50 conquest trinket for higher burst DPS & I already have a "Battlemasters" sigil(+25vengence) that has Pre-SL Lessers already in them so I don't see why I need the conquest sigil focus atm. Unless the Merc Lesser's valor does not get erased from bolstering, then maybe that's a different story-

&does bolstering stop after I hit P70? I guess I should have full FL by then at least otherwise I'd get stomped by those with full FL/WL/Myrm

Thanks for replying guys,
    Sheath
    Last edited by TehNova; 11-05-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Hi, Sheathe. Good to see a returning Guardian player - welcome back!

It's going to be difficult to keep this short but I'll try. I'll try to get to the main points and sorry to make it sound so factual but I'm really just echoing what many told me when I came back. They were very right.

All your old PvP gear - it can't be upgraded as you progress and you need to replace every single bit of it with Freelancer gear. Some things are still named as being Mercenary articles, you will need them too. I mean, if you make a spreadsheet and do research you will definitely find it true.

Freelance gear can not be equipped until PR60. The Freelancer weapons can be equipped at PR60, but Warlord weapons not until PR80 (see below).

First of all and very important - unsocket your old Runes if you want to use them in new gear or transfer them to a different piece. They sell the item that does that in the Store, one use per purchase. If you upgrade without removing the Rune first then you will lose the existing rune. Never forget!

If you can afford the real money, just flat out buy the Freelancer gear and equip it at PR60. Not just because you'll survive better. But because then that lets you start using Warlord marks (from Conquest) to pre-purchase and bank the 3 types of "Cells" that you'll be needing at PR70 to upgrade Freelancer gear to Warlord. Don't buy the Cells needed to upgrade the Freelancer weapons, you could but then rudely find out that the 3 weapon slots upgraded to Warlord can not be equipped until PR80 (but all the other Warlord upgrades can be equipped at PR70).

You do want to get the Conquest Sigil and it can only be purchased with Favor, and you do want to get the PvP essences into it (could buy those with Credits). They changed how the math works with stats since you played, where you might seem to lose a stat here you'll gain it back and more over there, etc. Play Karthan to get the needed Mercenary Rigerunners notoriety to Revered, you do want that Trinket.

Get the Seal from Mercenary Frost in back left side of the room in Tempest Bay near the practice dummies. It can be upgraded. It didn't used to show up in the Store. Be aware that its upgrade currency, Freelancer Marks of Conquest, are being discontinued tomorrow with 2.5 (they said "wiped"). Some other currency will replace it, it seems the old currency won't be converted to the new one.

Be careful when replacing your Crystal. You can get the wrong one and waste your funds that way! Note the blue letters on any piece of your Freelancer on up gear - make sure the Crystal you get is for the intended gear! Also, there are separate Crystals for different main souls - check it out, scroll the vendor selections to see what I mean. This is probably why putting 61 points into a soul is intended, IMO - it's a marketing ploy. The vendor is in that upstairs room at a far back table on the right hand side. Go up those long stairs to the right of the auction house in Tempest Bay.

I know making a spreadsheet is a lot of work but once done it can be modified or copied to a new worksheet for each level of gear. So you can see at a glance which pieces are best to pre-purchase upgrade Cells for and in what order as you PR level. Some things you can not buy with Credits. Some stuff has a minimum PR requirement before it can be equipped. And so on. A spreadsheet can prove a time and currency saver in the long run. You can not buy any of the top tier stuff with Credits, and you can't make the Marks needed to upgrade Warlord stuff to top tier until PR80.

There's a difference but not a huge difference between Freelancer and Warlord gear stats. After my own spreadsheet analysis, I found it was beneficial to buy everything I could at PR60 and be full Freelancer equipped, including weapons. But due to not being able to equip Warlord weapons until PR80, and because some upgrades to Warlord can be obtained by unavoidably necessary grinding before PR80, it doesn't make sense to me to buy any Warlord gear with credits until reaching PR80. I'm PR69.5 at this time of post (some Conquest bumped that real fast) and I already have 4 banked Warlord upgrade Cells, but I will upgrade the old Crystal using credits I already have. So very soon I'll be sporting 4 pieces of Warlord gear without having to use Credits for anything but the upgrade for the Crystal. Note that you have to have the previous level of gear Crystal in order to upgrade, it will get consumed. You can get the Crystal for the Freelancer gear without having to have a previous version, though.

Have fun!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast