+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Revert CQ to how it was please, Trion

Default Revert CQ to how it was please, Trion

Not the kills or anything, premades.

Back in the day, stacking premade groups was an art. You had to time it right to make everyone get on the right teams, and if not everyone ended up on different teams.

While people complained because there were 60 organized players up against 60 pug players, it was generally fair. Or, at least more fair than it is now.

Now to stack premades, well I don't entirely understand it. It's probably not explained to too many people for a reason. All I know is that one person from the first group gets queued onto a team, leaves, joins the second group, queues, and now everyone is on that team.

Other than the underlying issue of the premade 'issue' not being fixed, we have an even larger issue. For the sake of the arguement, lets call those not going in via premade, organic queuers. Those in the premade are 'inorganic'.

Oathsworn: 60 Organic queuers
    Dominion: 60 Organic queuers
    Nightfall: 40 Organic queuers and 20 Inorganic.

Well, that premade on Nightfall is one of three coming in. Now they're all in. Overall team sizes are:

Oathsworn: 60
    Dominion: 60
    Nightfall: 100

Well that can't be good. Nightfall outnumbers the team by 40.

Another issue is lag. Lag sucks. We all know that. But because of this, well lets just say there's 3 premades going into this match.

Oathsworn: 40 Organic, 60 Inorganic
    Dominion: 40 Organic, 60 Inorganic
    Nightfall: 40 Organic, 60 Inorganic

We all talk about sitting in Tempest Bay and lagging. And there's 40 - 100 people just sitting there.

Now there's 200 people casting spells at each other. That's intense lag.

Is there any way to either fix the issue of premade stacking (if you think it's actually a problem) or a chance of reverting Conquest to how it was before this?

Because this is worse.
    Last edited by Fragasm; 11-04-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Your data is wrong it is impossible for a faction to que more than 20 people than the other two factions.

Possible

Possible

Impossible the 81st person would be kicked to the 60 faction.

Impossible, the 81st person would be kicked to either 60 faction.

When you see disparities in numbers in CQ its because your reading extractors which are nothing more than estimates not hard numbers. Also when people leave CQ it creates a disparity if new people are not joining to replace them. Good premades dont quit and dont bleed as much members
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Rift Chaser

"Now to stack premades, well I don't entirely understand it. It's probably not explained to too many people for a reason. All I know is that one person from the first group gets queued onto a team, leaves, joins the second group, queues, and now everyone is on that team. "

Wrong.

I won't say why you are wrong either as I am not going to promote bugs that Trion should be already aware of.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Your data is wrong it is impossible for a faction to que more than 20 people than the other two factions.

Possible

Possible

Impossible the 81st person would be kicked to the 60 faction.

Impossible, the 81st person would be kicked to either 60 faction.

When you see disparities in numbers in CQ its because your reading extractors which are nothing more than estimates not hard numbers. Also when people leave CQ it creates a disparity if new people are not joining to replace them. Good premades dont quit and dont bleed as much members
    Not necessarily true. People could have left the smaller faction to increase the disparity. But, yes, you aren't able to join CQ on a team that is >20 people larger than the smallest team.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

http://imgur.com/zgH6kcL

Seriously, am I missing that button on my keyboard?
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Extractors are an estimate but they're better than saying everything is even when you KNOW there are almost twice as many raids on the opposite team.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Ascendant

Personally, I think the +- 20 players thing is ******** anyways.

Most cqs are probably doing a 60-60-80 thing. Premades/leavers aside, one team still has 33% more players than the other two. The disparity should be kept to like 5-10.

Plane Touched

Since the merge, a lot of Conquest matches have gone down to the wire where anyone could win. I was living the PUG-life when inexplicably our team found ourselves 1 extractor from winning with about 14 seconds left. Our extractor did not turn in time and we ended up tying. We had spent the rest of the game engaging in recrimination and had gone through 3 leaders and at one point had 5% and most of our force milling around outside base complaining about PUGs and "C2 bads". Right now, anyone can win (even the worst teams) as long as they don't give up.

I think the changes have produced a positive outcome. Perhaps further tweaking would improve it further, but I don't think the changes should be reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    Not necessarily true. People could have left the smaller faction to increase the disparity. But, yes, you aren't able to join CQ on a team that is >20 people larger than the smallest team.
    To be fair did you read through my entire post?
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

Most cqs are probably doing a 60-60-80 thing. Premades/leavers aside, one team still has 33% more players than the other two. The disparity should be kept to like 5-10.
    There is easily 100+ on each faction lately during primetime NA hours. Thats why they are so fast, furious, and engaging lately.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by k9quaint View Post
    Since the merge, a lot of Conquest matches have gone down to the wire where anyone could win. I was living the PUG-life when inexplicably our team found ourselves 1 extractor from winning with about 14 seconds left. Our extractor did not turn in time and we ended up tying. We had spent the rest of the game engaging in recrimination and had gone through 3 leaders and at one point had 5% and most of our force milling around outside base complaining about PUGs and "C2 bads". Right now, anyone can win (even the worst teams) as long as they don't give up.

I think the changes have produced a positive outcome. Perhaps further tweaking would improve it further, but I don't think the changes should be reverted.
    Aww intelligent poster sir, yes they could improve by raising the kill count 500 and adjust from there after further evaluation.

Now just imagine if more people took the leap and led their own premades.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Aww intelligent poster sir, yes they could improve by raising the kill count 500 and adjust from there after further evaluation.

Now just imagine if more people took the leap and led their own premades.
    Not everyone wants to do premades though! I do, and you do, and your guildie might, but maybe someone else doesn't. And it's their right, and they're suffering.

I'm fine with premades stacking. I've done it when I lead more often back before 2.3. But I think its bad that its throwing the teams off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Not everyone wants to do premades though! I do, and you do, and your guildie might, but maybe someone else doesn't. And it's their right, and they're suffering.

I'm fine with premades stacking. I've done it when I lead more often back before 2.3. But I think its bad that its throwing the teams off balance.
    The only rights you have in CQ are the ones nobody can take away from you.
    If they are unwillingly or incapable of forming a stronger group than mine or yours than that is their problem not ours.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

This isn't possible as long as full raids can join together. Anytime the split is even between the three factions (such as at the very start, at 0-0-0) and a full raid of 20 queues, that raid needs to go somewhere.

The only rights you have in CQ are the ones nobody can take away from you.
    If they are unwillingly or incapable of forming a stronger group than mine or yours than that is their problem not ours.
    Back in the old way of stacking, it was fair through sheer numbers. You had 50 I had 50 (or whatever).

Now you can have 100 and I can have 50. Sadly, it's an unfair advantage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast