+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How come warlord charged blade does not upgrade to Myrmidon charged blade

Rift Disciple

Default How come warlord charged blade does not upgrade to Myrmidon charged blade

The way it is now reconfiguring warlord weapons is a waste.

Rift: content first, common sense second

And money. It doesn't make sense no. It's the same for all weapons. Might just be a limitation in the mechanic, though you would think they would make it work when they developed it... Unless they simply wanted to just keep the option for players to spend more money.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-03-2013 at 10:54 AM.

It seems like content is pushed out only after the devs sit down and think "Let's see how we can squeeze more money out of them."

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    It seems like content is pushed out only after the devs sit down and think "Let's see how we can squeeze more money out of them."
    Being able to to actually interact with your equipment's stats and have options in a rpg is a luxury in a 2013 mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by spainiard View Post
    The way it is now reconfiguring warlord weapons is a waste.
    Yeah, a waste of your money but a surplus in Trions profit. Someone intervene Trion, they have a severe money addiction. These sort of things always get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Being able to to actually interact with your equipment's stats and have options in a rpg is a luxury in a 2013 mmo.
    You mean like instead of being able to purchase 3 different weapons with favor, opposed to being able to only purchase the obvious 3rd string weapon and obligated to "reconfigure" the stats. It's cute you can actually come up with a way that stat reconfiguration is a luxury. Back in the day a vendor just had...whoa...more than 1 item to choose from when doing a typical upgrade. More than 1 item to "go-to" in the games itemization scheme. I hope you are being sarcastic. It's no luxury, it if anything is a disservice and turn off from the game. I have a netflix account and right now that is more entertaining than Rift.

Oddly enough, it's cheaper to watch a few movies on Netflix in 1 night than it is switch crit chance to crit power.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You have to upgrade to base first is how it works across the board isn't it? Had to do the exact same thing for your Warlord to Charged warlord didn't ya? Didn't complain then but now you are? How much does trion have to give people is the question. I mean quite literally haven't they been holding peoples hands through almost everything at this point?
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You mean like instead of being able to purchase 3 different weapons with favor, opposed to being able to only purchase the obvious 3rd string weapon and obligated to "reconfigure" the stats. It's cute you can actually come up with a way that stat reconfiguration is a luxury. Back in the day a vendor just had...whoa...more than 1 item to choose from when doing a typical upgrade. More than 1 item to "go-to" in the games itemization scheme. I hope you are being sarcastic. It's no luxury, it if anything is a disservice and turn off from the game. I have a netflix account and right now that is more entertaining than Rift.
    He was being mostly sarcastic. The implication is the same as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    You have to upgrade to base first is how it works across the board isn't it? Had to do the exact same thing for your Warlord to Charged warlord didn't ya? Didn't complain then but now you are? How much does trion have to give people is the question. I mean quite literally haven't they been holding peoples hands through almost everything at this point?
    If only this made any sense at all
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    If only this made any sense at all
    Not something Id expect many on these forums could comprehend.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Not something Id expect many on these forums could comprehend.
    It's not a matter of whether it makes sense. It defies being a reasonable human being and treating customers as people looking to enjoy a game, who happen to give you a profit. To Trion I suspect we're just a bunch of numbers and they can give a damn what game is selling to who is happy where, they just want money money money.

They can't even reward their playerbase with anything of monetary value, or provide. No fanfaires, no contests with real cash. They just hand out their rex's...the stuff they have the game genie code to create infinite of. It takes being massively stoned to suppress the grim reality of this game, and unfortunately that too to endure its features like matchmaking and CQ.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's not a matter of whether it makes sense. It defies being a reasonable human being and treating customers as people looking to enjoy a game, who happen to give you a profit. To Trion I suspect we're just a bunch of numbers and they can give a damn what game is selling to who is happy where, they just want money money money.

They can't even reward their playerbase with anything of monetary value, or provide. No fanfaires, no contests with real cash. They just hand out their rex's...the stuff they have the game genie code to create infinite of. It takes being massively stoned to suppress the grim reality of this game, and unfortunately that too to endure its features like matchmaking and CQ.
    Look if you really want something to complain about lets discuss these sorry *** crucia reaper boxes. Lets not waste time on sidegrades that really dont cost much rex at all anyway. Its like what 600 rex per side grade or something. Those damn lockboxes tho, sob they make my blood boil.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

@OP
    For the same reason CEO's own billion dollar houses while hobos fight in the street over ham sandwiches.
    My grandfather always used to tell me life's a ***** and then you Mary one when I said something sucks or isn't fair.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 11-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Look if you really want something to complain about lets discuss these sorry *** crucia reaper boxes. Lets not waste time on sidegrades that really dont cost much rex at all anyway. Its like what 600 rex per side grade or something. Those damn lockboxes tho, sob they make my blood boil.
    The issue isn't the boxes, it's everything required and gated in too many ways.

Those weapons are not a side grade, they are a large upgrade for quite a few classes. It's the difference between 7-8k burst, and 9k burst. The difference, is quite large.

Like I listed in other places, trion doesn't hold anyones hand more then others, it isn't any individual issue, it's all of them, at the same time.

Boxes, rep runes, plat runes, Configuration cells, infinity stones.

It's the whole sha-bang. When it takes me longer to get the above then it does for the pvp stuff itself, something has happened somewhere that isn't good.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift Chaser

Just remember: It's not pay to win, it's pay to save you time off from a painful grind that is made just slightly more bearable with 160% vials.

Cynicalness aside, It would be nice if we convert a lower tier weapon to CP and then want to upgrade it to the next tier of weapons, it keeps its CP stat instead of reverting back. I'm sure that's not an unreasonable suggestion that Trion can get to fairly quickly?

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Quote Originally Posted by Candoalot View Post
    Just remember: It's not pay to win, it's pay to save you time off from a painful grind that is made just slightly more bearable with 160% vials.

Cynicalness aside, It would be nice if we convert a lower tier weapon to CP and then want to upgrade it to the next tier of weapons, it keeps its CP stat instead of reverting back. I'm sure that's not an unreasonable suggestion that Trion can get to fairly quickly?
    I made this suggestion the day the cells hit, no support or even agreement. Half the issue is that the playerbase is too busy epeening it's market pvp skills to come to an agreement.

However, +1 for the idea, regardless of what others think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast