+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attacked in Sanctum

Default Attacked in Sanctum

So I'm defiant, and after the harvest event it dumped me into sanctum near portal. I was afk when it happened and came back to a corpse run. I went back to get my corpse and also the portal since I would repop right there. I spawned no prob and then went invis and sat next to the portal for about 5 min while I ate my lunch.

However, some dwarf player came over and flagged himself for pvp and proceeded to kill me. Ummmm ok, I don't play on a pvp shard. I wasn't flagged for pvp. How is it that someone on the other faction can initiate pvp in the world when I'm not flagged?

It's been a while since I visited enemy cities, but the game used to flag Defiants near Sanctum and Guardians near Meridian. If it still does then as long as you're within the borders of an enemy city you cannot turn off your flag no matter how long you wait.

Telaran

What LeCreaux said is absolutely correct. Whenever you come near the opposite faction's main city you will be automatically flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmstead View Post
    So I'm defiant, and after the harvest event it dumped me into sanctum near portal. I was afk when it happened and came back to a corpse run. I went back to get my corpse and also the portal since I would repop right there. I spawned no prob and then went invis and sat next to the portal for about 5 min while I ate my lunch.

However, some dwarf player came over and flagged himself for pvp and proceeded to kill me. Ummmm ok, I don't play on a pvp shard. I wasn't flagged for pvp. How is it that someone on the other faction can initiate pvp in the world when I'm not flagged?
    You're automatically flagged for PvP if you enter the other faction capital, even with the setting disabled. I think it's generally considered something you wouldn't do unless you wanted to PvP.

The same thing has happened to me durinig zone events - there's a rift which spawns technically inside Meridian rather than Freemarch, and I've found myself flagged and jumped by the guards.

Thanks. Good to know. I must say thought that its pretty messed to be auto ported into the middle of the opposite faction's home city at the end of a world event. Its like an instant death sentence.

This makes me want to petition again for weaker guards at the old main cities so they can actually be attacked. Slapping achievement titles onto NPC faction leaders to give incentive to raid the cities is a no waffling brainer for a MMO to have as an easy way to recycle vanilla capital cities back into useful hubs of content players come back to access.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    This makes me want to petition again for weaker guards at the old main cities so they can actually be attacked. Slapping achievement titles onto NPC faction leaders to give incentive to raid the cities is a no waffling brainer for a MMO to have as an easy way to recycle vanilla capital cities back into useful hubs of content players come back to access.
    I remember back when most of our guild Banished was p8 we got 3 full raid to raid sanctum. The bridge boss killed everyone in 2 hits, but we got some through. Ended up having 60 corpses on the bridge / right outside the castle of sanctum. Theres a vid up on YT of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uM0MUO1no

That is cool. Rift should have sponsored Invasions, even if it was only once a month and everyone hopped over to Seastone by special teleporters to staging areas. I'm sure this would pull some kind of crowd. Even the PvE folks can work on finishing off achievements without the everyday pvp hassle.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    That is cool. Rift should have sponsored Invasions, even if it was only once a month and everyone hopped over to Seastone by special teleporters to staging areas. I'm sure this would pull some kind of crowd. Even the PvE folks can work on finishing off achievements without the everyday pvp hassle.
    Its funny you said that. we had a pve raid of full raiders for the NPC's on the bridge while bansihed killed all the guards coming out and we tried to push through to get the guards inside. was an awesome mix for the Rift community.

+ Reply to Thread