+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Arena Dimension Debate: (5 vs 5)| or|(10 vs 10) |or| (20 vs 20) ??

Default Arena Dimension Debate: (5 vs 5)| or|(10 vs 10) |or| (20 vs 20) ??

Arena Dimension Debate:

Note: I am a firm supporter that the Arena Owner should be able to choose the group size that they want for teams, so that this wouldnt be an issue, since its up to their own judgement.

--------------------------------------------

But which form of Arena team size do you feel is best?

5 vs 5- IMO is too small scale. It exposes more class balance issues the smaller the scale. Which leads to teams taking certain classes over others. Similar thing happens in World of Warcraft's arena system. Its a side effect. Min/Maxers want to win, and in small scale PvP, class combos always win. its the same reason 1v1 duels cant ever be balanced without removing uniqueness of classes from the game.

20 vs 20- IMO is much more zerg like. its more balanced than 5 vs 5, but adds a whole new level of issues from zerg combat and hardware issues.

10 vs 10= IMO is in the middle of the two extremes and fit best for Arena style PvP.

Which do you enjoy more and why?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Arena Dimension Debate:

Note: I am a firm supporter that the Arena Owner should be able to choose the group size that they want for teams, so that this wouldnt be an issue, since its up to their own judgement.

5 vs 5- IMO is too small scale. It exposes more class balance issues the smaller the scale. Which leads to teams taking certain classes over others. Similar thing happens in World of Warcraft's arena system. Its a side effect. Min/Maxers want to win, and in small scale PvP, class combos always win. its the same reason 1v1 duels cant ever be balanced without removing uniqueness of classes from the game.

20 vs 20- IMO is much more zerg like. its more balanced than 5 vs 5, but adds a whole new level of issues from zerg combat and hardware issues.

10 vs 10= IMO is in the middle of the two extremes and fit best for Arena style PvP.

Yeah I also agree with the thing about 5v5s is if people want to win they will only take certain specs and classes. 10v10s are alot of fun and have alot more diversity about them.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Arena Dimension Debate:

I wish all options were on the table, depending on who sets up the dimension and the rules they put in place. Long time no see btw, haven't seen you post in ages.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Please outline for me, in detail what "class balance issues" are currently present in Rift 5v5.

No thanks on a "10v10" queue for me, Can't balance that amount of focus fire, or cross healing depending on the team composition, It's still mindless zerging, and requires a minimal amount of coordination. See, that's what happens when you increase the # of players per team, hard counters go away, and become diluted in favor of just burning people down ASAP. Class imbalance issues become more prevalent, instead of less. You have it backwards.

Also, there already is a 10v10 map, It's called Black Garden Domination. If you and your 20 friends want to queue and play it competitively you have an outlet for that, although, to my knowledge there is even less interest in that than the current 5v5 scene.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I like them all. Maybe just have three seperate ques. But I am hoping that you can just invite people to your dimension and set people to which side or people switch themselves to one side.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

they are going to have enough problems getting enough 5 man teams to make the ranks meaningful 10 would be even worse

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    they are going to have enough problems getting enough 5 man teams to make the ranks meaningful 10 would be even worse
    I dont even know why you play this game you seem to take a negative approach to everything.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Lets just make it 3v3 with a single healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion

Choice is always good.

I think anything should go in dimension pvp.

Its should depend 100% on the dimesion creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I dont even know why you play this game you seem to take a negative approach to everything.
    honesty =negative? I'm on record saying rift has the best casual pvp out. honestly how many people do you think will play 5s seriously and have a set team they play with every night? I'm guessing in the 250-500 range. so 50-100 teams. now think about competition and ranking ability outside of prime time where right now you generally don't get full wfs even. 5v5 in wow was the least popular war front due mainly to the difficulty in getting the same 5 people online at the same time and due to outlast comps that could make games never end. now look at wows population then rifts. they need to be perfect to make it work ( bolstering, flawless match making, etc)

I want to see a Free-For-All/Last Man Standing option.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    I want to see a Free-For-All/Last Man Standing option.
    Rogues would always win. Sit in stealth and wait for everyone to kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    Rogues would always win. Sit in stealth and wait for everyone to kill each other.
    Yeah well I suppose those sort of tactics could be discouraged. No one is going to want to play with you if you're out to work the system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast