+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: About Macro

Rift Disciple

Default About Macro

I wonder if PVP would be better if macro were disabled in warfront and conquest.

Personally I don't use macro in PVP because I think is not fair to push a single button and link 3/4 skills. We all know sites where there are soultrees and macro ready to be used, I just don't like to do that, because I prefer to have more to play, not just two, three buttons to push in sequence.

Who know if some developer will ever read this thread and think seriously about removing macros from warfront/conquest.

In the meanwhile I will keep doing 750 damage per hit and receive 5k from macros

Quote Originally Posted by Alarchon View Post
    I wonder if PVP would be better if macro were disabled in warfront and conquest.

Personally I don't use macro in PVP because I think is not fair to push a single button and link 3/4 skills. We all know sites where there are soultrees and macro ready to be used, I just don't like to do that, because I prefer to have more to play, not just two, three buttons to push in sequence.

Who know if some developer will ever read this thread and think seriously about removing macros from warfront/conquest.

In the meanwhile I will keep doing 750 damage per hit and receive 5k from macros
    I couldn't play without them. I use one macro for a builder and one for a finisher. Any more buttons needed is too much clutter imo.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

I dont think thats going to change, but honostly those who can successfuly play with out any macros shlould be playing slightly better then those who do.

Im not sure if your last comment was truth or exaggerated but I have some macro tips in my signature that might help out. Also, most viable specs are in the guides section with a list of macros that work well.

If you are simply refusing to use macros by principle I would suggest to at lease macro a builder. You are really hindering yourself needlessly and the game becomes much more enjoyable when you find out you can simply spam a macro better then other people.
    Last edited by zoar; 10-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Ummm. If anything you should be doing more damage w/o macros.

And gl getting that to ever change. Expecting tons of peopleto not use macros and still do anything other than look at thier hotbars for what to use next, never happen with most of the population.

Mei

I wouldn't have a problem with this. It would add some extra complexity which is definitely needed and would help separate the good from the great even more.
    Fluent

this would make specs that are not so great in most wf settings (like sab) very very difficult to play, and specs that don't require a lot of macros (like sin) no more difficult to play than they are now, in the hands of a good player. i have two macros that combine two abilities on sin, and that's it, whereas with sab i have 6 or 7 different macros for various sets of bombs, traps, charges, etc, that would just really suck to have to apply with separate buttons.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    and that's it, whereas with sab i have 6 or 7 different macros for various sets of bombs, traps, charges, etc, that would just really suck to have to apply with separate buttons.
    It is not just a matter of buttons, you have to add time to press the button, that will make the abilities works as they are supposed to work. With just one button you have an huge advantage against those people who play without macros.
    Personally I dislike macros (in PVP) because when I was younger I was an UO player, and in my shard (PVP shard) you were forbidden to use macro, and those caught using them... were put into jail for a couple of days. I liked PVP there because there were no advantage for certain players.

I repeat, I don't care, I'm not whining about that, just wondering if disabling macros in PVP add more fun / skill. I keep dying happily, it is not a problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with this. It would add some extra complexity which is definitely needed and would help separate the good from the great even more.
    This^

I would love it if that was the case. At the very least limit it to 2 ability's per macro but if they did away with them completely that would be great. As it is I have 24 keybinds using a regular keybord and mouse and actively use 22 of them. If they did away with macros I would use 23 or all 24. That's about all that it would change for me. It's not that I am against macros I just always find picking exactly how and when to use an ability seems to work better for me.

If you don't want to use macros, don't use macros?

In the best case, set critical abilities to their own binds but still use them in spam macros. That way you can alt click for laziness but still easily use things like leaps, break free, damage multipliers etc. Also, the macros you get from websites don't work well for PvP often. I use simpler macros and hit critical abilities as needed rather than blowing big hits on a nearly dead target for instance. I try to keep it at 2-3 abilities per macro.

Disclaimer: I tend to use builds that have low macro dependency, not because I am against macros, its just the way Trion built the trees on the souls I use. Other people may see longer macros as better, but for high Sin and MM, the macros are short by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

There's no way I could play without them. /Target Playername, /assist, /targetlasttarget, /cast @focus make a huge difference in your reaction time and response.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    /Target Playername, /assist, /targetlasttarget, /cast @focus make a huge difference in your reaction time and response.
    That's the point, where is the human skill on that?

Rift Chaser

RIFT players have a hard enough time pvping with macros, I cant imagine how they would go without them.

Ascendant

Go play SWTOR. No macros allowed and you have 30-40 abilities.

lol no.

There is a skill to setting up and using macros, just as there is a skill to playing without them. In either case you do better if you know what you are doing. Bad macros can in some cases be worse than just spamming shock pulse. or fan out

And if you do 10x the damage by using a macro then you really do not understand your spec.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.

That's the point, where is the human skill on that?
    This! I would go a bit further though, what's the skill in pressing a button and having an ability activate? That's too easy and doesn't really distinguish the good players from the bad players. Instead there should just be a chat window, and then you should have to type commands in. Like if I want to CC my secondary target, I should have to type into chat:
    /cast @focus Transmogrify
    Right now I just press a button which is bound to a macro; there's no skill involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast