+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So does set 8 really cost over $100?

Default So does set 8 really cost over $100?

I was looking in the store for PvP gear and saw that at 60 set 8 can only be gotten with a large amount of credits. Is set 8 BiS for endgame PvP?
    Rockwald
    Defiant Cleric
    Seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PhishXIII View Post
    I was looking in the store for PvP gear and saw that at 60 set 8 can only be gotten with a large amount of credits. Is set 8 BiS for endgame PvP?
    Only if you are impatient enough to buy it.

Once you have set 7 (freelancers?) you can begin upgrading it to set 8 (warlord?) by alt and right-clicking on the item. You need to buy an item with favor to upgrade.

Just be careful as set 8 has a prestige level requirement you need before you can equip it.

If i remember rightly set 8 will also upgrade to set 9 (myrmidon?), also with a prestige level requirement.

I've had to guess at the set names as i'm not in game atm.

set 8... i'm guessing you're referring to the warlord set? the freelancer set upgrades with warlord marks into the warlord set.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I wouldnt suggest buying the warlord set unless your just loaded and like to waste $. Its easy enough to get and you cant even equipt it w/o the correct pvp prestiege level. By the time your the right pres level youll be able to buy some of it, and youll be full warlord before you hit the pres to start getting your myrmidon set.

Work your way up to P80, you'll have enough in game free currency to purchase the set. Not worth spending money on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

The price points for anything resembling "pay-to-win" are prohibitively high. I don't think trion really wants people to skip ahead, but they made it possible to do so.

Don't do it. It's not BIS and if you're REALLY impatient, two sets of weeklies with an 80% vial will get you close to full WL (set 8) for 800 credits.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

It seems your first question has been answered, but the second one not directly.

Set 8 is NOT BiS for pvp, there is a 9th set that is not available in the cash shop.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The price points for anything resembling "pay-to-win" are prohibitively high. I don't think trion really wants people to skip ahead, but they made it possible to do so.
    Its not possible to get ahead via the store, there is still a gated upgraded path, plus you need the proper prestige rank to equip the set.

BiS is not in store for credit. Myrmidon isn't even in the store because you upgrade it from Warlord set with upgrade parts. You still have to earn the best gear.

I didn't realize you could upgrade to it from a previous set. That helps a lot and makes a lot more sense.

Thanks guys!
    Rockwald
    Defiant Cleric
    Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Its not possible to get ahead via the store, there is still a gated upgraded path, plus you need the proper prestige rank to equip the set.
    Well this is debatable. You can wf grind your way to p90 then drop 1-2000$ on crucia crates for Myr marks and fully gear much faster than others. Thats a bit extreme but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    Well this is debatable. You can wf grind your way to p90 then drop 1-2000$ on crucia crates for Myr marks and fully gear much faster than others. Thats a bit extreme but it can be done.
    Those crates are not a guaranteed drop for the relic upgrade items.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Only if you are impatient enough to buy it.

Once you have set 7 (freelancers?) you can begin upgrading it to set 8 (warlord?) by alt and right-clicking on the item. You need to buy an item with favor to upgrade.

Just be careful as set 8 has a prestige level requirement you need before you can equip it.

If i remember rightly set 8 will also upgrade to set 9 (myrmidon?), also with a prestige level requirement.

I've had to guess at the set names as i'm not in game atm.
    As an aside, that set 9 requires new synergy crystals, and you have to turn in the last set in order to get them. It's a totally F'D up situation and I've posted a thread on it. I am still holding out as getting these crystals will screw up your 4 piece set for PvE (in my case, Desolate raid set). Really ticked off about this. Just thought I would warn ppl here...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Those crates are not a guaranteed drop for the relic upgrade items.
    not the relics, they drop about 33% of the time around 300 myrmidon marks. my lvl 40 rogue has 1400 Myr marks from opening them. It would cost a crazy ammount of $ , probably 1K+$ but it can be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast