+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Guyjax

Thread: Crazy idea for ranked 5v5s

Default Crazy idea for ranked 5v5s

I was watching some old Eve pvp tournament videos and was reminded of one interesting thing they do. Prior to the matches each team is allowed to basically outlaw 2 ship classes for the other team, of course without knowing what classes the other side will pick. They then have 10 minutes or so to decide on their team makeup and devise their strat and what not.

What would you think about that being an optional mode for competitive 5s? Let each side pick maybe 2 souls that can't be used, and thus causing players with any points (or even 0) in that tree to have to pick a different role for the match.

I dunno. Just trying to stimulate interesting conversation.
    Thondrin - Wolfsbane - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011

I love crazy ideas, but this one is like counting to 5. 5 is right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondrin View Post
    I was watching some old Eve pvp tournament videos and was reminded of one interesting thing they do. Prior to the matches each team is allowed to basically outlaw 2 ship classes for the other team, of course without knowing what classes the other side will pick. They then have 10 minutes or so to decide on their team makeup and devise their strat and what not.

What would you think about that being an optional mode for competitive 5s? Let each side pick maybe 2 souls that can't be used, and thus causing players with any points (or even 0) in that tree to have to pick a different role for the match.

You do know it would be practically the same souls picked everytime. Sentinel, Defiler, MM, or Dom.

Class/soul restrictions would be a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Guyjax; 10-29-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Yeah that's what I figured would be the response.

What about 5v5 of all one calling? Who doesn't want to watch 10 clerics go at it?
    Thondrin - Wolfsbane - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thondrin View Post

Wouldn't work for the reasons listed above.

Lets modify it somewhat. Lets say that players are limited to 5 role slots for PvP tournies. The other team can pick 2 slots (1,4) and the other team couldn't use those builds? Potentially good, but with some workarounds too. Just an idea to continue the flow of conversation.
    \

Pretty interesting idea, im affraid it wont be widely liked as people dont like playing things they arent comfortable with.

But to play a long, Would be cool if the 1 or 2 specs that they banned would also qualify for your team as well.

I'd love being forced to not play MM in 5's. Holy crap.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Ban puri! - Brought to you by anyone who plays dom or necro.

+ Reply to Thread