+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PLEASE give us a PvP mark to Infinity Stone conversion method.

Champion

Default PLEASE give us a PvP mark to Infinity Stone conversion method.

For Months I've had -

Freelancer's Mark of Conquest: 10000/5000
    Warlord's Mark: 10000/10000

...and over 100 Conquests where every single FMoC has been wasted.

I realize that the PvE'ers rage when they perceive PvP has an advantage over PvE, but seriously, when your gameplay is 98% PvP related, 11,000 Infinity Stones per crystal is an INSANE amount of stones for PvP'ers to acquire. Only 30 per Foci at the end of a CQ is deathly slow!

Even if you did something like:

1 Infinity Stone per 2 Freelancer Marks of Conquest
    1 Infinity Stone per 1 Warlord Mark
    2 Infinity Stones per 1 Myrmadon Mark

... would REALLY help us PvPer's out. It's not like we're going to get a PvE advantage by an implementation of this.

PLEASE consider this!

Thanks

We've all been trying so hard to get something like this.
    Sadly no response to any if the 40some odd threads
    I will say I ones sagar about allowing us to trade them for account bound vouchers
    And he replied that he would talk to his currency guys
    But that about the extent if the light at the end if that tunnel

Pvpers all want it. But the chances are very slim to none.

Champion

Yeah, I've brought it up a few times over the months/year. I wanted to bring it up again to see if I could illicit some sort of response from a Dev. Doesn't look like it will though. Guess I'll wait a month and bring it up again.

Would be nice to hear a "yes, we hear you and we'll work on implementing something" or a "no, we don't want you to be able to use those marks again" ...or something.

I have no idea what arguments PvErs could make against the ratios in the OP. Those would make grinding inf stones SO much slower in PvP than PvE.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

Rift Disciple

11,000 seems like a lot when your only source of IS is CQ but they're really easy to get if you do a few pve dailies or the story quests to gain access the dailies. Pick them up from nurjak vostra, hailol, solstice tower, achyati village, khroms fortress and zerzela.

The entire run takes around an hour and you'll earn enough stones to buy an entire set of the new synergy crystals within a couple of weeks. I think I was getting around 11k every two days when turning in with a patron currency token. You'll also get ton XP for PA and notoriety towards the BiS pve runes.

I understand you may only want to PVP and don't deny the fact that dailies are boring, but the benefits far outweigh the effort required. On top of the aforementioned benefits its also great way improve your rotations and learn new specs because grinding mobs is slower paced than PVP.

I don't see why anyone is above going out into the open world and doing some piss-easy dailies for simple character progression. What is this entitlement that PvP'ers feel like they should be able to encompass all means of progression for their toon by parking in Tempest Bay taking queues. Which....you pretty much can do for the most part anyway.

That's wonderful that you have all those CQ marks and Warlord marks. Now get snapping and do the same with IS~

ps. I've written more kindly explained, mathed out posts, of how it truly is easy to gain crystals. People wonder why there is no world PvP ever, given the chance to significantly progress your toon people can't even be assed to zone out of TB for 30 min. But for real, if you decide you want a crystal. There isn't much reason you shouldn't be able to have it within 48 hours if you really want it. It doesn't take much effort, it isn't hard - and you either care about your toons progression in areas or you don't. That's everyone else's business, but this doesn't need a change.

Hey, I bought a video game and am now upset because I have to play said video game to advance in said video game. What do?
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-31-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    snip
    I don't see why you need to assume it's such an extreme example. I *can* farm up 10k IS a day, it's easy, however it's also a 1+ hour process, and that's not even delving into stuff like rune grinding, or plat farming, all of which are relatively vital to remaining competitive in pvp. I don't think everyone or anyone is saying get rid of it entirely, but the rep grind itself is already very long, the BiS PvP trinkets are PvE trinkets, and the infinity stone grind is insult to injury, as well as salt in the wounds of people who actually do pve and pvp, as we need to maintain two seperate crystal sets in order to do both efficiently and effectively.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    I don't see why you need to assume it's such an extreme example. I *can* farm up 10k IS a day, it's easy, however it's also a 1+ hour process, and that's not even delving into stuff like rune grinding, or plat farming, all of which are relatively vital to remaining competitive in pvp.
    Violacea's example isn't extreme its actually quite realistic. The only people who think 11k IS is hard to come by are people who don't do any PVE dailies at all. When the new crystals first came out I had the same qualms as OP but I have since maxed all my reps and realised how easy it is to get thousands every day.
    Last edited by StateOfUnrest; 10-31-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfUnrest View Post
    Violacea's example isn't extreme its actually quite realistic. The only people who think 11k IS is hard to come by are people who don't do any PVE dailies at all. When the new crystals first came out I had the same qualms as OP but I have since maxed all my reps and realised how easy it is to get thousands every day.
    Im in the process, and I don't think it's hard, but at the same time, I needed to, and am in the process of grinding not only 99k infinity stones, but an extra 68k for a pve set.

Add that to the rep grinding and the plat grinding, and the pvp grinding necessary to rank out, and there's a real reason why I have 33k in 61MM, and others have 24-26k (with like 4 or 5 pieces of myrm)
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-31-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

PvPers want to be rewarded for what they like to do. Since pvp updates come like every once in a blue I don't see a problem with them being rewarded in this way.

Agree with OP completely. If I'm going to stick around for the end of CQ, it should equate to 40 minutes worth of server hopping to tag events. The IS rewards are paltry and the CQ marks useless.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Ascendant

Can I trade my 200k infinity stones for CQ power and myrmidon marks while we're on this old argument again?

Or at least let my 8k CQ marks turn into favor or consumables, at least that's not crossing over the play style boundary
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-31-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Can I trade my 200k infinity stones for CQ power and myrmidon marks while we're on this old argument again?

Or at least let my 8k CQ marks turn into favor or consumables, at least that's not crossing over the play style boundary

PvP isn't even developed in the game. They double, triple and quadruple gate players so they don't have to spend time on developing content. Also, current cq has been around for 2 years. You have to think of pvp as a by product in a pve focused game. Imagine if the game was all pvp focused and you had like 1-2 raids only for two years and that content had nothing leading to the main content of the game? It would suck and that is basically how pvp is treated in the game. CQ power should be traded to pve'ers with plat too since spending 2-3 hours in cq for meager rewards is pretty lame even for pvpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

No, but those pve rep runes that you have are also BiS for pvp, and that plat you get, literally for breathing, that's good for BiS runes on everything that doesn't require rep.

I don't mind either way, as I already finished it all , but there's a serious amount of stupid going on in the amount of dailies required to create a high end pvp set, that for the vast majority of a pvpers time in which they want to create said set, they will spend in pve rather then pvp.

Whether that speaks to the pvp gear being too easy, the pve gear being too hard, or too much pve gear required for pvp gear, is for you to decide.

I think it has something to do with the middlish area.

Though I really think they need a new CQ trinket, because buying crucia runs and hoping the trinket drops, in order to finish a pvp set, is quite ridiculous.

Champion

The whole point of the OP is NOT that I'm being *forced* out into open world to get Infinity Stones. The point is that there are rewards in PvP that are *completely* wasted when they shouldn't be. Infinity Stones are, in fact, required for PvP and there aren't all that many ways to get them via PvP.

It's also not like converting Conquest marks to ISS will give you all that many more anyway... what is it, *maybe* 20-30 per match? ...which would convert to 10-15 Infinity Stones? Still less than a World Event.

But in the world of PvP, again, where ISS are required, every little bit helps.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 11-01-2013 at 12:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast