+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Update

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default PvP Update

Just a couple of quick updates for folks.

Matchmaking
    Saw this release note come through last night:
    The warfront matchmaking system will attempt to match up players of similar PvP skill levels. There have also been improvements to getting groups to be included in matches regardless of size.

5 v 5
    Just got out of a meeting with engineers and designers regarding the discussed 5 v 5 test. Work is spec'd, if things go according to plan, we'd release that during 2.5 but not at the release of 2.5. No rewards, just pure rankings for that. Also, this would be something we'd likely not leave on all the time.

Conquest Tweaks
    Behind on this, as with many tasks that land directly on me. I have a giant pile of feedback from the last playtest to go through and implement. I still expect to have a new version out during 2.5 - but again, not on the 2.5 patch day.

When Steppes goes live - we will be wiping Freelancer's Marks of Conquest. Gear that used to require Freelancer's Marks of Conquest will no longer require CQ marks. New marks will be awarded for new rewards.

PvP Dimensions
    The engineer responsible for this is dealing with higher priority issues for the time being. The feature is not canceled and will not die, but won't be able to take top priority for some time.

~Daglar

Holy ****

thank you

Needless to say, I am extremely excited for 5v5 with rankings
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 10-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shadowlander

that's a definite pvp update. lol
    ~Capwn

Default Mixed feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Matchmaking
    The warfront matchmaking system will attempt to match up players of similar PvP skill levels. There have also been improvements to getting groups to be included in matches regardless of size.

5 v 5
    Just got out of a meeting with engineers and designers regarding the discussed 5 v 5 test. Work is spec'd, if things go according to plan, we'd release that during 2.5 but not at the release of 2.5. No rewards, just pure rankings for that. Also, this would be something we'd likely not leave on all the time.

Conquest Tweaks
    Behind on this, as with many tasks that land directly on me. I have a giant pile of feedback from the last playtest to go through and implement. I still expect to have a new version out during 2.5 - but again, not on the 2.5 patch day.

When Steppes goes live - we will be wiping Freelancer's Marks of Conquest. Gear that used to require Freelancer's Marks of Conquest will no longer require CQ marks. New marks will be awarded for new rewards.

PvP Dimensions
    The engineer responsible for this is dealing with higher priority issues for the time being. The feature is not canceled and will not die, but won't be able to take top priority for some time.

~Daglar
    I have a lot of mixed feelings about this. I saw u said ranking which made me smile, then saw the words delays a lot which took the smile back off my face. Then saw 5 v 5 tdm, smiled again. Then not offered all the time, frowning again. You make my pants go meh.... Like a slightly plus sized model.

Ascendant

Too little too late. No one plays this game anymore.

Really have to say thanks Daglar for the update. Only thing I'd have to say is could we get these more often, even if it's "Hey you nerds, nothing to update at this time."

Thanks again man.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Too little too late. No one plays this game anymore.
    Go hide with your security blanket bro.

Is this referring to leader board rankings? Prestige Ranks? Something better (hopefully)/
    Even free cost too much now

The new CQ was a huge amount of fun and I'm actually looking forward to playing more of it. Hope we're getting Warlord and Myrmidon seals/trinkets

Also, this would be something we'd likely not leave on all the time.
    I'm not a 5s player but I'm curious what the reasoning behind this is. If people enjoy it, why not have it be a permanent feature?
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

sweet man! actually going to start doing rep runs so im maxed runed haha can't wait!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Is this referring to leader board rankings? Prestige Ranks? Something better (hopefully)/
    Im thinking it will be an exclusive 5v5 mmr type ranking. Which is an amazing carrot for most pvp lovers.

@Daglar, Thank you so much for this update. A+ one of the best Rift updates to date.

Moral meter is through the roof right now.
    Last edited by zoar; 10-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Matchmaking

5 v 5

Conquest Tweaks

PvP Dimensions

~Daglar
    awesome thanks for the update
    the 5 vs 5 will be a warfront?

Not liking the wipe of marks, everything else is cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    Im thinking it will be an exclusive 5v5 mmr type ranking. Which is an amazing carrot for most pvp lovers.

@Daglar, Thank you so much for this update. A+ one of the best Rift updates to date.

Moral meter is through the roof right now.
    I was talking about this:
    The warfront matchmaking system will attempt to match up players of similar PvP skill levels.
    I could give two damns about 5v5
    Even free cost too much now

Matchmaking

5 v 5

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast