+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Credo

Thread: What is the status?

Plane Touched

Default What is the status?

Played for the first year, left after that.

Was thinking of coming back and have a few questions:

How much more gear have they added to the grind since say the first year? Be a long haul to get to competitive level again, or not to bad? Not a carebear, I dont mind some work, just wondering if we are talking a month of active play to start a new character and get geared up, or 6 months, a year +, etc?

How is the population level now? Fighting the same people all the time in warfronts? Is there enough active population on a pvp server to support world pvp?

Thanks,

N**m

If you hardcore level and grind prestieg ranks, get in with a CQ premade and run that ***** till she bleeds I'd say u can take a new character to fully geared in 2 months. That also dropping some $ on crates for myrmudon marks.
    As for warfront action it's alright. Instant que pops at 60. 2 min tops.
    World PVp is non existent but you can solo/ duo in CQ and it's like owpvp.
    Hope tht helps
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 10-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Plane Touched

Thanks for the insight. What is CQ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Played for the first year, left after that.

Was thinking of coming back and have a few questions:
    Don't waste your time.

How much more gear have they added to the grind since say the first year?
    Too much. It will take you months to get max gear.

How is the population level now? Fighting the same people all the time in warfronts? Is there enough active population on a pvp server to support world pvp?
    The population is pretty much at an all time low. Rift is not a PvP game. It never was and never will be. Do yourself a favor and go back to WoW or whatever other MMO you were playing. I am going to SWTOR (4v4 arenas) and playing LoL a bit.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 10-28-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Thanks for the insight. What is CQ?
    CQ is conquest. It's a ****storm Zerg v Zerg game type. But as I said you can solo hunt and it's fun. And being in a good premise can make it fun also.

Also ignore Thiuss/AceInHole. He's a salty butthole that was decent at Rift in his best forum that made a huge dramatic exit of Rift that turned out to not really be an exit but rather just a huge attempt to get as much attention as possible.

The lowest max level PvP gear goes away when a new tier comes out effectively shifting each tier of gear to keep the gap as small as possible (while not being zero).

Gearing up doesn't take too long, and gear normalization makes it a lot less painful than it use to be.

Now that the servers are all in one cluster I see a lot of different names a lot more often now. Sure if I keep queuing up right after a warfront I see some same names, but not all the same.

Is the PvP in Rift great? Not by a long shot. Is it good enough while free? Yes it is, indeed!
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Don't waste your time.

The population is pretty much at an all time low. Rift is not a PvP game. It never was and never will be. Do yourself a favor and go back to WoW or whatever other MMO you were playing. I am going to SWTOR (4v4 arenas) and playing LoL a bit.

Do yourself a favor and do not play Stunwars. I went back for a month when I was all excited about arenas and I haven't experienced frustration on such a large scale in a while. The DR system is really bad and I could swear that I spent 1/2 my time in PvP under the effect of some form of CC.

If a game as bad as SWTOR can introduce arenas, I don't see the problem in doing it here.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Don't waste your time.

Population has definitely dropped since the F2P boom, but there is NO way it is at an all-time low.

As for "months" to get max gear, my cleric has been level 60 for 20 days, and it is currently prestige rank 76 with 4 pieces of WL gear, 3 upgrade cells for my weapons when I hit 80, and even 2000 myrmidon marks. Those are from Regulos troves and Deeps boxes because I suck and I buy them for no real reason, but still. It's not that difficult to get ranks and WL marks. There isn't really a huge difference between the WL crystal and Myr crystal, so a new player should just aim for the WL crystal. This has become really easy, because they halved the amount of prestige required to get to r80.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Do you have a pocket healer? That's all that really matters if you don't want to be conscripted as a cleanse-bot for your group/raid.

PvP in rift is actually fun when not forced into that situation, but sadly the next major change to PvP is giving every role a healing class so no escape from healing slavery is inevitable.

Ignore this if you're one of those types who actually enjoy staring at bars instead of the match going on around you.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread