+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhozDat

Thread: Overall Class Balance

Soulwalker

Default Overall Class Balance

Hey guys, me and my room mate have just started playing this game and we are currently at level 40. During the range from 35-39 we leveled up through warfronts, i am playing a rogue(NB)(Sin) and (MM) and he is on a mage(pyro).

I am wondering if rogues get any better late game and this is just crappy unbalanced low level BGs like WoW, or are they just nerfed? He can top killing blows, damage done and favor earned every game without trying while i have been trying to research the best spec possible for me to deal damage and not get one hit by other pyros.

If i put 100% concentration on trying to always be dealing damage no matter on what target just for the sake of it i still cannot come close to his damage dealt.

We took a go of each others characters and i completely stomped everyone, topped dmg and kills and earned the most favor without any knowledge or explanation of how to play it.
    It took me a good 30 mins to explain each spec to him and he performed horribly by the end of each match.

How is it fair that pyros have 5 abilities with no management of debuffs and deal huge amounts of damage from insta procs when if you combined every rogue spec together and took the best abilities from each one and made a super OP spec i doubt it would hardly make a scratch in comparison?

TL;DR what level do rogues start to not suck at damage?

Get level 60 first, lower brackets aren't balanced and don't need to be as not much time is spent there. Rogues are by far the top DPS calling currently in the game, with the most viable DPS souls. It's pretty balanced though, as Mages aren't far behind, and Clerics slightly behind them.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by Nycotis View Post
    TL;DR what level do rogues start to not suck at damage?

Only warriors suck at damage at any level, and even then, not by too much.

Also if you're a pyro and your not 3 shoting people in the 25-59 brackets, your doing something wrong.

The class balance is much closer then many people would ever admit. Rogues are by far the most reliable damage along with the largest utility in that damage spec, Clerics have the most raw damage, however it's unreliable and often hard to pull off, mages have the best specialized utility classes in the game.

Warriors have pull tanks.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-27-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Soulwalker

Cheers for the advice, i guess ill just grind it out and hope for the best at end game

My friendly advice for once you hit 60 - as a fresh 60 rogue I wouldn't rely so much on the dmg you deal per match; instead be an asset to your group by using your super awesome utility. You can shoot a sentinel in the face all day long, but they're not going down unless someone purges, interrupts, and debuffs them. Sure, you're going to be somewhat of an unsung hero, but whatevs... hell, sometimes if I find myself in a match with rogues like aqua or nuku, I either go bard or just become a purge bot.

Top dmg in warfronts really doesn't mean much if no one is dying, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Work on making players die ;)

Endgame is king. You have all your abilities and the overall intended design of any of your souls can be fully used.

Rogue is a lovely calling at level 60. Though I have loved my rogue since the game was around 1.3ish I think. Despite any nay-say here or there, it has always been a fun class and not dreadful to play at end game imo.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yea Warriors are in a bad place right now but in the hands of a good player we can still pull numbers in warfronts.
    Were getting a patch that may fix that soon though. Im relying on it pretty heavily to decide if ima keep pvping on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    My friendly advice for once you hit 60 - as a fresh 60 rogue I wouldn't rely so much on the dmg you deal per match; instead be an asset to your group by using your super awesome utility. You can shoot a sentinel in the face all day long, but they're not going down unless someone purges, interrupts, and debuffs them. Sure, you're going to be somewhat of an unsung hero, but whatevs... hell, sometimes if I find myself in a match with rogues like aqua or nuku, I either go bard or just become a purge bot.

Top dmg in warfronts really doesn't mean much if no one is dying, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Work on making players die ;)
    I always noticed.

Ps

Please stop ****ing with me when im red.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Please stop ****ing with me when im red.
    o_O

It's only when I see you targeting me first.

+ Reply to Thread