+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Add pve Reputation gains from Daily/Weekly pvp Quests

Default Add pve Reputation gains from Daily/Weekly pvp Quests

As a pvper who gets physically ill doing any sort of pve, I'd recommend pvper's get some pve faction reputation upon completing any type of daily and weekly pvp oriented quest.

Let us choose the reputation we want to increase.

Or better yet, let us wear a tabard (like in WoW) or sign up to fight for a reputation like Eternal City and be their champion and our kill/favor/prestige earned relates to an earned level of reputation. This can also work for pve'rs - where they could earn reputation by running dungeons.

And yes I know - Trion wants players to engage in differing aspects of the game - but I also know my Friends list has fewer and fewer people logging in every day.

Trion needs to be nimble and be willing to change - very quickly, the F2P buzz is over.

Making things accessible and fun to each user is what's important. Sometimes I think they forget that.
    Last edited by Horsesock; 10-21-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Chaser

+1
    Trion wants people to engage in all aspects of the game - I would encourage them to make things accessible in all aspects of the game.

Champion of Telara

If Trion actually wanted people to participate in PvE and PvP, PvP gear wouldn't be specifically designed to suck in PvE and vice versa.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    If Trion actually wanted people to participate in PvE and PvP, PvP gear wouldn't be specifically designed to suck in PvE and vice versa.
    CQ power for pvers, faction runes/crystals for pvpers

Be happy the pvpers forced carrot is permanent

Yes please, this absolutely needs to happen

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shadowlander

Please!!!!

Champion of Telara

If they REALLY want to have players engage in both PvE and PvP they seriously need to start having more crossovers.

Let's say you've been playing for 5 months, but PvP exclusively and want to dip into PvE. You're basically a fresh 60 again with a headstart in PA. Same thing with PvErs doing PvP, except it's a lot more forgiving for them due to bolstering.

Redistribute some of the stats on PvP gear to be more PvE friendly. I seriously doubt it would be an issue if Myrmidon gear beat out expert gear. I mean, it is the top tier PvP gear, vs entry level PvE crap. Likewise with PvE stuff. PvE gear should never be the best PvP gear and vice versa, but it should be an option imo.

Also yes, rep please. Tired of doing crafting dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    Making things accessible and fun to each user is what's important. Sometimes I think they forget that.
    I think they are trying; it's now easier to get rep than it ever has been. If you have any professions, do the crafting dailies because they give a really nice amount of rep now.

If they won't add equivalent PVP runes that require PVP rep, they should just take out the PVP rep because it's almost completely useless. There's only a few items you get through PVP rep that you can't get otherwise, and one of them, the trinket, can be avoided just by buying the level 50 trinket instead. PVE rep should be gained either instead of or along with the map rep.

PVE folks already get rep from running dungeons; the last boss in the experts grants rep for a specific faction. I don't know why they've neglected PVPers so much in this aspect.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

It's rare that someone makes a post about PvP idea that actually makes sense. I approve.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTESHIN DERGLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    It's rare that someone makes a post about PvP idea that actually makes sense. I approve.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTESHIN DERGLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's even more rare I agree with one of your posts.

GROUND CONTROL TO MJR DERGLAR!!!!!!!

This would be a good thing for the PVp comunity. We all want it.

Rift Disciple

And, to kick the giant gorilla in the corner, while we are at it, let's seriously look into the whole PvP v PvE gear thing. The current system penalizes players who want to perform at high levels in both areas unless you happen to have 40+ hrs/wk to spend online.

Suggest you take a look at how Warhammer Online did things in regards to their ward system on gear. It would, I imagine, simplify closing the gap between the two gear types.

If you didn't want to do that, then maybe allow for an "exchange rate" between favor and other currencies (planarite, FES, etc) that operates both ways, giving players more options. You would still have "gates" in place (reputation, prestige levels), they would just be a bit easier to get open.
    Squirrel. It's what's for dinner.

#1 Nuisance NA. So mediocre you don't even notice.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

!! ATTENSHION DERGLER !!
    We haz pve+pvp idea!

(rofl @ saying that out loud)

Add pve Reputation gains from Daily/Weekly pvp Quests-rep-pvp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    !! ATTENSHION DERGLER !!
    We haz pve+pvp idea!

(rofl @ saying that out loud)

Attachment 15132

someone at trion explain to me why is this guy not the pvp content dev?

swo

Meh. Would be nice
    Last edited by swo; 10-22-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast