+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Don't get your hopes up for Red vs Blue.

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

Default Don't get your hopes up for Red vs Blue.

And here's why:

Red vs Blue won't be happening in our lifetime - as long as Trion continues to make $ on faction changes.

Sure Daglar hinted at possibly implementing it eventually. But in advertising; eventually is as worthless as the term "virtually". You know; virtually spotless, virtually bacteria free.. etc.

So in the meantime, let's continue to enjoy the hugely, insanely lopsided matches that we get handed. Sometimes we're on top, sometimes we're facerolled... but get the idea of competitive matches out of your head right now. Enjoy the lol and the wtf matches as they come, I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkish Hammerfist View Post
    And here's why:

Red vs Blue won't be happening in our lifetime - as long as Trion continues to make $ on faction changes.

Sure Daglar hinted at possibly implementing it eventually. But in advertising; eventually is as worthless as the term "virtually". You know; virtually spotless, virtually bacteria free.. etc.

So in the meantime, let's continue to enjoy the hugely, insanely lopsided matches that we get handed. Sometimes we're on top, sometimes we're facerolled... but get the idea of competitive matches out of your head right now. Enjoy the lol and the wtf matches as they come, I know I do.
    You are gonna be eating socks pretty soon.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    You are gonna be eating socks pretty soon.
    Honestly, I hope you're right.

So far we got a confirmation that red vs. blue-WFs are coming on the forums (somewhere in the huge PvP-feedback thread) and a target schedule for patch 2.5 or one of the hotfixes afterwards mentioned on a stream when I asked about why it can't come earlier.
    It's not just a flip of a switch apparently and since they're working on that aspect of the game, Trion might as well bring better matchmaking along with it in one fell swoop - at least that's my interpretation of what was said.
    Last edited by Wake; 10-21-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Rift Chaser

Personally, I don't think Red vs. Blue will do what people want. I don't see the lopsided matches I read about. Yes, one faction or the other must win a match, but it seems every night I win 50% or so of the time. What I'm betting will happen, someone will get an unlucky coin flip, and get on the losing side (red then blue then red. And so on.) And complain that the randomness is skewed. I tend to find if I'm losing a few in a row, or seeing the same ppl, I'll go do something else for half an hour, and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Personally, I don't think Red vs. Blue will do what people want. I don't see the lopsided matches I read about.

I tend to find if I'm losing a few in a row, or seeing the same ppl, I'll go do something else for half an hour, and try again.
    But the "losing a few in a row" is part of the lopsidedness people are complaining about. The reason you are losing a few in a row (in a pug) is probably that you're getting queued with the same bad players against the same good players, because the good players are guard/def and the bad players are def/guard. If they did red vs blue there'd be no reason you'd have to wait half an hour.

Also the imbalance in some clusters/times is worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkish Hammerfist View Post
    And here's why:

Not gonna really go with this because I don't think at all that WF teams are the biggest deciding factor in buying faction change scrolls. Sure may be *some* but, I would wager the sale of scrolls still happen just fine with "red vs blue" mode in.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Personally, I don't think Red vs. Blue will do what people want. I don't see the lopsided matches I read about. Yes, one faction or the other must win a match, but it seems every night I win 50% or so of the time.
    Are we playing the same game? Its not as bad on c1 (still pretty bad) but on c2 I can be the top healer 36 games in a row by a longshot and get blown out 35 of the 36 games.

Guardians on c2 are soooo bad and nothing will be able to salvage the **** storm except removing the factions altogether.

Ascendant

What makes red vs blue different from the mercenary system? Is it just that the minor boost to queuing for your own side is gone, and this will magically make pugging more 50-50 than it already is?

The people that suck will still suck, and still leave forcing late joiners into the losing side, which starts to lose worse because of leavers promoting the appearance of imbalance.
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-21-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    What makes red vs blue different from the mercenary system? Is it just that the minor boost to queuing for your own side is gone, and this will magically make pugging more 50-50 than it already is?

The people that suck will still suck, and still leave forcing late joiners into the losing side, which starts to lose worse because of leavers promoting the appearance of imbalance.
    wat..? Mercenary system only puts you on the other team is there is nobody on that faction that can fill the spot. Its not a minor boost..

The people that suck will not be repeatedly thrown on the same team to be slaughtered... very rarely do people actually leave wfs because most of the rewards is at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Are we playing the same game? Its not as bad on c1 (still pretty bad) but on c2 I can be the top healer 36 games in a row by a longshot and get blown out 35 of the 36 games.

Guardians on c2 are soooo bad and nothing will be able to salvage the **** storm except removing the factions altogether.
    And coming up there will be no more c1-c2 excuses and we can all complain together as one happy cluster...alternatively, since the majority of the "upper tier" PvPers have left Seastone due to faction limits, and have the ability to play together, the community has somewhat found a work around towards the faction based excuse also if it concerns premades...just be sure you want it to ping "X" faction first by placing the one to queue as such.
    Last edited by TedO; 10-21-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    wat..? Mercenary system only puts you on the other team is there is nobody on that faction that can fill the spot. Its not a minor boost..

The people that suck will not be repeatedly thrown on the same team to be slaughtered... very rarely do people actually leave wfs because most of the rewards is at the end.
    I get guardians on my team and defiants on the enemy team in the same match all the time, that shouldn't even be possible with the merc system, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    And coming up there will be no more c1-c2 excuses and we can all complain together as one happy cluster...alternatively, since the majority of the "upper tier" PvPers have left Seastone due to faction limits, and have the ability to play together, the community has somewhat found a work around towards the faction based excuse also if it concerns premades...just be sure you want it to ping "X" faction first by placing the one to queue as such.
    Togetherness...

http://i.imgur.com/XzkyiUZ.gif
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Faction change scrolls aren't for WFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I get guardians on my team and defiants on the enemy team in the same match all the time, that shouldn't even be possible with the merc system, but it happens.
    You get put into WFs in batches, so I think this is what's causing it:

First 10 in queue consist of 7 Defiants and 3 Guardians = 5 Defiants on Defiant side and 2 merced to Guardian
    Defiant = 5 Guardian = 3+2

Next 10 in queue consist of 6 Guardians and 4 Defiants = 5 Guardians on Guardian side and 1 merced to Defiant
    Defiant = 4+1 Guardian = 5

You would now have both factions on both sides.

On top of this you'll also see people that grouped up with someone from the other faction and is therefore merc.

Hope I made sense

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast