+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: A Solo Puggers Perspective

Default A Solo Puggers Perspective

I often lurk the PVP Forums looking for constructive critisms, tips and tricks for playing my role in PVP. I think there are many others, like me, that do the same. We all want to be good at what we do, and look up to many of you for the (indirect) help.

That being said, when in a losing wf, please try to refrain from yelling “bads”. Or, since apparently you are the ONLY ONE on the team that is any good, why not share some of your greatness with the rest of us? Like I said, we want to do well, and even though we may still lose, giving direction would go much further toward our success than yelling how terrible we are. Please. And thank you.

Much Love,
    Kitia

Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    I often lurk the PVP Forums looking for constructive critisms, tips and tricks for playing my role in PVP. I think there are many others, like me, that do the same. We all want to be good at what we do, and look up to many of you for the (indirect) help.

That being said, when in a losing wf, please try to refrain from yelling “bads”. Or, since apparently you are the ONLY ONE on the team that is any good, why not share some of your greatness with the rest of us? Like I said, we want to do well, and even though we may still lose, giving direction would go much further toward our success than yelling how terrible we are. Please. And thank you.

Much Love,
    Kitia
    A worthy goal, but will be met with much resistance
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

I know, but one could only hope.

Ascendant

I've never seen actual good players attack the raid tbh. The ones I see insulting the raids are mainly the worst pvpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    Or, since apparently you are the ONLY ONE on the team that is any good, why not share some of your greatness with the rest of us? Like I said, we want to do well, and even though we may still lose, giving direction would go much further toward our success than yelling how terrible we are.
    Can't count how many times I've politely suggested a favorable strategy only to be bombarded with rudeness. So okay, have fun getting farmed at the south of bridge in Port Scion or keep defending Codex while the other team holds 3 flags. I will soul recall if it's up or run around till the match ends.

Learning how to play viable pvp roles is a whole 'nother thing that can't be taught in a WF. And if you mention something like, "don't use guardian phase in your dps spec," kids get all bent out of shape and then start unleashing the rude once again.

I've tried helping and I'm tired of rudeness. I will read blogs on my secondary monitor until the match has ended and I can requeue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I've never seen actual good players attack the raid tbh. The ones I see insulting the raids are mainly the worst pvpers.
    And this. Totally.

The only thing that will frustrate me in a warfront is people giving up. That said I will occasionally ask someone to help heal as well.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

I have to say, those that bark are names I don't recognize, but it totally destroys any morale there could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Can't count how many times I've politely suggested a favorable strategy only to be bombarded with rudeness. So okay, have fun getting farmed at the south of bridge in Port Scion or keep defending Codex while the other team holds 3 flags. I will soul recall if it's up or run around till the match ends.

Learning how to play viable pvp roles is a whole 'nother thing that can't be taught in a WF. And if you mention something like, "don't use guardian phase in your dps spec," kids get all bent out of shape and then start unleashing the rude once again.

I've tried helping and I'm tired of rudeness. I will read blogs on my secondary monitor until the match has ended and I can requeue.
    Understood..please don't give up though, some of soak it up like a sponge. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    The only thing that will frustrate me in a warfront is people giving up. That said I will occasionally ask someone to help heal as well.
    Completely agree with this....but at the same time I hate being the only person to jump off the ledge at the Dex spawn just to be eaten alive. It's ugly. And then be called out for "feeding them". I get that, but I hate giving up too. It's a catch 22 really.

Trash talk is part of PvP. Unfortunately, so is the kind of rudeness you are talking about- there is a difference. I HATED PvP when I first got into it with WoW, but now it rolls off my back- unless there is someone especially being a d*ck. Then I may or may not say something.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I help when I can in warfront giving them direction in case they don't know what they doing.
    Some players they go for kill and forget the objectives then at the end of the wf match they lose. Most player in wf they don't know what needed spec in the group. If you say we need a healer or we need a support, they will gonna be rude or they just do what they want.
    Like "I play this game, you don't tell me what to do" .then lose #1-QQ
    Last edited by sweetangel; 10-16-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Banter definitely helps make PvP interesting; I love some funny trash talkin... those who are horrible at it just get added to my ignore list.

I've found that there are 2 ways to win WF - kill the crap out of the enemy to push them back so that you can achieve your objective, or be smart and do the objectives around your enemy. I've been in WFs with no heals and won. I've been in WFs with tons of heals and been farmed. I really don't think it's a role composition issue... it's just a matter of getting matched with people who play smart (when you solo queue, as I do 98% of the time).

yet there is a thread below this from a good player calling majority bads.

Shadowlander

actually I miss that trash talk, personal attacks, calling other names and boasting in wz chat. Am I doing it too even when Im just random pug with no name? Hell yeah. When u try to give advice, ask politely if atleast 1 of clerics could swap souls to heal, try to coordinate some push/assist and u see no1 give a damn then its time to yell and boast. And it actually work. It worked in warhammer pugs scs and it work in rift pug wzs. Sometimes people just need to get mad to prove these insults spoken are not true.

I hate when our side is being camped hard and wz chat is silent. It pretty much means your side already gave up. But usually it needs just 1 player to post some rubbish and hurt others pride and things are much more optimistic.

In codex we were able to flank enemies and while others in spawn saw it they pushed. In the end we lost wz miserably but we were able to break spawn camping and get some kills. All done thanks to some "look at your ****ty heals", "try to do some dmg", "lol...warrior outdps mages" or "you scared chickens, do u wanna live foreva?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast