+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: A Solo Puggers Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanthe View Post
    I sometimes tab around when I'm in a burst spec looking for low hp, is that bad? I guess you could mean low max hp, or low current hp. Hitting the guy with low current hp because he's already being attacked, isn't that the same thing as focus firing which is good?

Hitting targets with low max hp if they're at 100% can't really be called stealing KBs and seems like a different issue. If you're just picking on ungeared ppl over and over that may be unsportsmanlike. On the other hand, people with low max hp may have low max hp because they've made spec and rune choices to maximize their dps or heals. In that case it makes sense to prioritize them imho.
    The comment was more focused on people who tab target around looking for someone with 5-10% health and then pop an instant to kill them off, even though say a rogue has been tunneling said target for the last 30 seconds. End of the match they have a bunch of kills but barely any damage done. That's what I am refering to when I talk about someone kill stealing.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Finishing off the last 20% health of a target is just as important as the first 80% done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Finishing off the last 20% health of a target is just as important as the first 80% done to it.
    Not really the point but ok I will conceed that.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    The comment was more focused on people who tab target around looking for someone with 5-10% health and then pop an instant to kill them off, even though say a rogue has been tunneling said target for the last 30 seconds. End of the match they have a bunch of kills but barely any damage done. That's what I am refering to when I talk about someone kill stealing.
    With the healing in this game, that 5-10% turns in to 80-100% in the blink of an eye. Timing that last 5-10% burst is the most important for the kill to be made at all.
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 10-18-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    Completely agree with this....but at the same time I hate being the only person to jump off the ledge at the Dex spawn just to be eaten alive. It's ugly. And then be called out for "feeding them". I get that, but I hate giving up too. It's a catch 22 really.
    When the other team is farming your team at your spawn in any WF, you can try to get the team to use the second exit (every WF has them) or jump in unison.

For both strategies, the whole team has to jump and move together. If some people stay on the ledge, the people who jumped get focused (because there are fewer targets) and die. If people don't wait for the team and jump off the ledge solo, they die and hurt the team. If people don't wait for the team and jump in small groups of 3 or 4, they die and hurt the team.

So the only thing the team has to do is group up. That's it. Of course, once the team meets the zerg they have to heal, focus fire, etc., but to even get to that point they have to group up.

Grouping up is the most basic thing in PvP, but FWIW it's hard to get pugs to group.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

In this one warfront I played in, the marks 1 and 2 were on 33/36k hp chloros. There was a 22k hp sentinel right next to them, I switched around the marks and everyone kept focusing the chloros..

So yeah, cool story bros. Also marksman not purging, no other DOT classes to cover my inquisitor dots so they get cleansed off and my dps is crap.

Also, it's not a good idea to take down the lowest hp people in team fights to reduce the number of people you're fighting first? I always thought that was like a huge RPG 101 pro tip?

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

I am honestly indifferent to KSing as opposed to a happy balance between total damage and KDR.....people can milk KBs all day with minimal effort and damage, but I am ok with it as long as its one less person DPSing Healing or otherwise on the opposing team. It can be easy to 'KS" in any given WF, but there is a much larger picture and many more metrics than one stat alone to truly measure ones effectiveness in PvP....when you see someone just focused solely on KBs...and it is still a loss, I dont know about you, but it is still a loss.....thats like saying in Football we had ball possession for 90% of the game, outgained you in yardage 2 to 1.....but still lost by "X" points....at the end of the season its still that loss that may well keep you out of the playoffs.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Shadowlander

LOL objectives

Shadowlander

That means you have at least two people focusing the same target. Damn, consider yourself lucky
    Last edited by Dean Cody; 10-19-2013 at 05:42 PM.

turn on name plates, no need to tab around any more, you can see everyone's health % and simply pick the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7