+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: A Solo Puggers Perspective

  1. #31
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You said this:



    I started my premise that it is not a myth, and actually couldn't be farther from it. Frequency of something happening != best strategy. Even if it works.

    I think you'll find you agree with me overall more than you think, it's not worth arguing much about it. I already said everything I needed to.
    Yes, you are being completely obtuse. Or are you truly arguing that using a strategy that works 1 out of 1,000 times being favorable to the strategy that works 999?

    Again, I did not say that you must dominate to win, but considering that it works nearly every time, it may be a worthwhile strategy to pursue. Hence, you should be thankful for the ppl topping the scoreboard, as they are providing you with the most useful tools to win.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  2. #32
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Yes, you are being completely obtuse. Or are you truly arguing that using a strategy that works 1 out of 1,000 times being favorable to the strategy that works 999?

    Again, I did not say that you must dominate to win, but considering that it works nearly every time, it may be a worthwhile strategy to pursue. Hence, you should be thankful for the ppl topping the scoreboard, as they are providing you with the most useful tools to win.
    Not really, but if you want to think so, that is fine. This is just a perspective that is naive and lacking a lot of depth in thought. You are entitled to your own free thinking though.

    Let me write you down as someone who I'll remember if I make a reasonable counter argument to without being hostile, will throw insults and argumentative fallacies at me non-stop if they don't actually have anything to address in return. Drive through, come again.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #33
    Champion sweetangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Yes, you are being completely obtuse. Or are you truly arguing that using a strategy that works 1 out of 1,000 times being favorable to the strategy that works 999?

    Again, I did not say that you must dominate to win, but considering that it works nearly every time, it may be a worthwhile strategy to pursue. Hence, you should be thankful for the ppl topping the scoreboard, as they are providing you with the most useful tools to win.
    We talking about a solo puggers, sometimes I think are you talking about if you got to solo q on wf and there is a pm that u don't know in your group and dominating killing players and win the match? That because half of your team was on the vent they know what they doing.
    Sorry to burst your bubbles but 100% sure it's happened.

  4. #34
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9quaint View Post
    Except in Codex, Port Scion, Whitefall, Library, and Karthan. But yeah, in black garden kills matter since the map is so small. In the other maps, its the objectives that matter.

    You need players capping flags or source stones. Usually,a team that is able to out kill the other is also aware of and able to do the objectives. If one team is slaughtering the other, of course they could change focus and get a 4 cap in Codex to win. However, if the kill score is 60 - 40 it has very little relevance on a map like Whitefall as 1 good steal while your team is distracted can win the game for the other side.
    How many codex's/KR's have you won where no matter which cap point you click, you are run over by a zerg before you can finish the cap, because the dominating team is desperate to find someone to kill? I doubt very many. What's your win/loss ration in scion when not holding the bridge? What's your win/loss ratio in library when the other team is dominating the middle? I'll answer for you, the ratios are HEAVILY skewed in the loss side.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  5. #35
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetangel View Post
    We talking about a solo puggers, sometimes I think are you talking about if you got to solo q on wf and there is a pm that u don't know in your group and dominating killing players and win the match? That because half of your team was on the vent they know what they doing.
    Sorry to burst your bubbles but 100% sure it's happened.
    I have never not solo pugged. Never even duo queued.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  6. #36
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”

    ― Mike Tyson

    If the other team is in the Graveyard, they can't do objectives.

    -Me

  7. #37
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    tyson looks scary as hell until he starts talking then you'll be all like lol he's for real? then when he starts punching you'll be like oh **** time to get outta here

  8. #38
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Not really, but if you want to think so, that is fine. This is just a perspective that is naive and lacking a lot of depth in thought. You are entitled to your own free thinking though.

    Let me write you down as someone who I'll remember if I make a reasonable counter argument to without being hostile, will throw insults and argumentative fallacies at me non-stop if they don't actually have anything to address in return. Drive through, come again.
    Correctly pointing out when you are being purposefully obtuse in order to prove your point is being hostile and insulting. Interesting.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  9. #39
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    I'll answer for you, the ratios are HEAVILY skewed in the loss side.
    A correlation is a correlation. That doesn't mean direct causation, nor does it mean that is the absolute only way things could have gone down and happen. Which brings me full circle to - Frequency of something working/happening to win a WF != hands down best strategy. It can correlate without being as direct of a cause, or rather purely absolute and only method, towards the outcome that occurred.

    Why do I even bother on these forums. Nobody is going to get this.

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Correctly pointing out when you are being purposefully obtuse in order to prove your point is being hostile and insulting. Interesting.
    Point and case, you did it again. The main obtuse thing here is your mind and it's unwillingness to think outside of its own ideals, and shut down any counter argument with a fallacy of reason. It clearly is driving you nuts that people whole heartedly disagree with you. You've acted like I pee'd in your cheerios because I made a 2 paragraph counter argument containing my opinion. You are not arguing a point anymore, but fighting me. You are fighting me because the direction your posts go is not the direction of counter arguments, it is insults and fallacies because you are angry.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-16-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  10. #40
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    The people who complain of "feeding" enemy teams are not veteran PvPers, and in fact have no future in PvP. Don't listen. Keep trying.

    Favor and prestige gains from a kill in a warfront are downright trivial. And favor/prestige won't help your opponents get gear faster anyway; marks are the gear gate these days. On top of that, the people you are supposedly "feeding" are just as likely to be your teammates in future as to be your opponents - we will soon have a "red vs blue" matchmaking system with no default teams.

    So there is no meaning to "don't feed them," other than pure bad sportsmanship. "I can't win so I won't play" type thing - taking your ball and going home. And the people who can't deal with losing can't deal with PvP. It's PvP, you will lose half the time on average. Be a fair sport about it.

    I should add that "let's farm kills" while winning is the twin bad sportsmanship move. Kills in a WF are fairly meaningless; prolonging a game you could immediately win has no point except to gloat that you happened to random onto the stronger team this time. You never see veteran players suggest this either.
    Last edited by Stay; 10-16-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

  11. #41
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Solo pugging. I think the main rule for starts is 1). fight at the spawn sites. 2). If the V gave more points than the Dex they prolly would have named it the Vault huh. 3). DPS clerics in a pickup crew are "definitely" on their own dime.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  12. #42
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    A correlation is a correlation. That doesn't mean direct causation, nor does it mean that is the absolute only way things could have gone down and happen. Which brings me full circle to - Frequency of something working/happening to win a WF != hands down best strategy. It can correlate without being as direct of a cause, or rather purely absolute and only method, towards the outcome that occurred.

    Why do I even bother on these forums. Nobody is going to get this.
    Please point out when I said that it is the only way to win. I have already said about twice now that it is the best way to win, as it works the overwhelming majority of the time.

    It is not the only cause for the win, as flags still need to be clicked, but is certainly is the largest factor in the equation, which has been my point the entire time.

    I am mildly frustrated by your inability to grasp the concept I am laying out and painting my argument as black and white, while it was clearly laid out as not. Other than that, I'm enjoying another slow day at work with the only interesting topic, to me, on the forums for a day or so.
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 10-16-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  13. #43
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Please point out when I said that it is the only way to win. I have already said about twice now that it is the best way to win, as it works the overwhelming majority of the time.

    It is not the only cause for the win, as flags still need to be clicked, but is certainly is the largest factor in the equation, which has been my point the entire time.
    Then actually read the first post I responded to. I already said twice what I replied to in your context.

    Based on what you are writing it is clear you don't understand what I wrote. Either I did not write it clearly enough or you aren't grasping it. If either situation, whichever is true, was the other way around, you wouldn't be writing these things.

    Fin.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #44
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    On a serious note I agree tradh talk is part of the game and I also feel it breeds healthy rivalry. That being said there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. If its not something you would jokingly say to a friend then you shouldnt be yelling it in a warfront. Dont take everything so seriously, part of the enjoyment of Rift is to lose yourself in the game. Have fun but be respectful.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  15. #45
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Put robbinthehoodz in with a pre-made group on the other team that can kill his group but instead concentrates on objectives while his group concentrates on farming PUGs. He will get 40 extra kills and still lose.

    You can win Scion without bridge by holding church stones instead of turning them in.
    If you don't pick up rune vessels in Library, you will not win.
    If you don't cap source stones in Whitefall, you will not win no matter how many kills you get.

    If you can basecamp the other side, of course no other strat matters. In all other situations, kills should be a byproduct of competing the objectives. They should not be the result of tunnel vision DPS trying to get top killing blows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts