+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 100
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: A Solo Puggers Perspective

  1. #16
    Champion sweetangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Banter definitely helps make PvP interesting; I love some funny trash talkin... those who are horrible at it just get added to my ignore list.

    I've found that there are 2 ways to win WF - kill the crap out of the enemy to push them back so that you can achieve your objective, or be smart and do the objectives around your enemy. I've been in WFs with no heals and won. I've been in WFs with tons of heals and been farmed. I really don't think it's a role composition issue... it's just a matter of getting matched with people who play smart (when you solo queue, as I do 98% of the time).

    Yeah been on the team with one healer in Whitefall and the dps was great and when you have a good dps in raid it will quickly push the center. It's lucky to have that specially when the enemy get farmed in the enemy near base.

  2. #17
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetangel View Post
    I help when I can in warfront giving them direction in case they don't know what they doing.
    Some players they go for kill and forget the objectives then at the end of the wf match they lose. Most player in wf they don't know what needed spec in the group. If you say we need a healer or we need a support, they will gonna be rude or they just do what they want.
    Like "I play this game, you don't tell me what to do" .then lose #1-QQ
    I, personally, love this. Case in point: I was trying out my hand at dom, when Wittle sent me a tell letting me know to take off my veil, as I wasn't getting the full benefit of his. He wasn't at all rude, or obnoxious, or "I am better than you" in any way. He truly just wanted to help. It's one of the little things I never even thought of, that really did help immensely. I appreciate these types of critiques.

  3. #18
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetangel View Post
    Some players they go for kill and forget the objectives then at the end of the wf match they lose.
    This is total BS and the most ridiculous grabage being splattered all over the forums. We have all been doing WFs long enough to know that when one team dominates the other on kills and on the scoreboard 99.99999999% of the time they will get the win. I am so tired of seeing people complain that some are only playing for the scoreboard. Be thankful that they are, because that is the only reason your team is getting wins!

    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.

    KBs, for lack of a better word, are good. KBs are right. KBs work. KBs clarify, cut through, and capture the essence of the warfront spirit! KBs in all their forms, KBs for life, for ranks, for peels, prestige have marked the upward surge of PVP!
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 10-16-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: I'd fail a spelling test
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  4. #19
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpzga...ature=youtu.be


    solid guide for healers that wants to learn to position who heal, make better macros etc. though it's primarily meant for clerics, i'm sure a chrolo could pick up some ideas about how to not face tank a raid cause you're not a hot chick with a british accent and get permanent 30% links.
    #yolomageswag

  5. #20
    Champion sweetangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    I, personally, love this. Case in point: I was trying out my hand at dom, when Wittle sent me a tell letting me know to take off my veil, as I wasn't getting the full benefit of his. He wasn't at all rude, or obnoxious, or "I am better than you" in any way. He truly just wanted to help. It's one of the little things I never even thought of, that really did help immensely. I appreciate these types of critiques.
    Yeah I remember that Kitia lol, I think we won on that match <3
    Last edited by sweetangel; 10-16-2013 at 07:23 AM.

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default you cant cure stupid

    I like to win. If I lost a "fair match", I am not going to complain or rage about it. But when it is an issue of being paired with players who are delirious and do not want to do objectives to win or know how to FF/CC/DPS, how can you not be annoyed?

    People play for fun. People play for escapism. People play for social connection. Whatever the reason is, I can't stop you, but I will be a total troll to you if you want to troll me with a pve spec or bad skills and do not want to learn a damn thing.



    Jussss sayinnnn.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    This is total BS and the most ridiculous grabage being splattered all over the forums. We have all been doing WFs long enough to know that when one team dominates the other on kills and on the scoreboard 99.99999999% of the time they will get the win. I am so tired of seeing people complain that some are only playing for the scoreboard. Be thankful that they are, because that is the only reason your team is getting wins!

    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.

    KBs, for lack of a better word, are good. KBs are right. KBs work. KBs clarify, cut through, and capture the essence of the warfront spirit! KBs in all their forms, KBs for life, for ranks, for peels, prestige have marked the upward surge of PVP!
    Also what Sweet said is true. Although what you said is true as well. But I have been in WFs with 3-5+ man pms where they do lose because they are too focused on not dying and too busy on those kbs. The two maps that come to mind where this happens is Ridge sink and Black fang. You can easily outsmart a team on ridge with sinks, and you can easily win if you manage to pick up the fang at the most crucial time. Even on Ridge dom, if you have more rogues who know how to be sneaky, you can win with a subpar team.
    Last edited by mongolianmisfit; 10-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  8. #23
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    This is total BS and the most ridiculous grabage being splattered all over the forums. We have all been doing WFs long enough to know that when one team dominates the other on kills and on the scoreboard 99.99999999% of the time they will get the win. I am so tired of seeing people complain that some are only playing for the scoreboard. Be thankful that they are, because that is the only reason your team is getting wins!

    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.

    KBs, for lack of a better word, are good. KBs are right. KBs work. KBs clarify, cut through, and capture the essence of the warfront spirit! KBs in all their forms, KBs for life, for ranks, for peels, prestige have marked the upward surge of PVP!
    It's not really a myth at all. But I don't think anybody says focus on a single one. I could write a novel with great depth on gameplay and strategy out-side of pure killing for success in WFs. But that doesn't mean I am saying people win Wf's with 1/5th the kills of the other team because they used good strat. That is a more outlying example, although does happen on some domination mode maps. I don't know why people have to be so black and white. Kills are important and so is actually playing the rule-set for what it is to get a win - paying attention to objectives can be the difference between a long drawn out win and a swift no-lube win.

    But people don't think out-side the box that much in this game. People report creativity as exploits because they don't take a second to try to comprehend, they just re-act, are clueless, and rage. Or take a look at the specs people play. Such large majority of players in every calling stay within a comfort zone of a noted popular "the forums say use this" type of spec. I even bust the balls of some good players and tell them they should try stuff besides MM because I know they are good and will blow people up on some other specs. Getting off point now though. But there is sooooooo much tricky shenanigans and slick strats you can do to push a win that isn't just a blunt attempt at a kill. Teamwork goes a long way, you don't need all 15 going balls out on getting a kill. Pick any WF and I will tell you a few creative approaches you could do that help a win and isn't prioritizing kills - though might certainly include killing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #24
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post
    Also what Sweet said is true. Although what you said is true as well. But I have been in WFs with 3-5+ man pms where they do lose because they are too focused on not dying and too busy on those kbs.
    I accounted for those matches in my scientific calculations. Hence the .00000001%.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  10. #25
    Champion sweetangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    This is total BS and the most ridiculous grabage being splattered all over the forums. We have all been doing WFs long enough to know that when one team dominates the other on kills and on the scoreboard 99.99999999% of the time they will get the win. I am so tired of seeing people complain that some are only playing for the scoreboard. Be thankful that they are, because that is the only reason your team is getting wins!

    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.

    KBs, for lack of a better word, are good. KBs are right. KBs work. KBs clarify, cut through, and capture the essence of the warfront spirit! KBs in all their forms, KBs for life, for ranks, for peels, prestige have marked the upward surge of PVP!
    Your wrong and correct at some point.,
    in Karthan ridge I'm in the dominating team killing players and the other team they still manage to get their score high. They just being sneaky and Doing strategy even they losing in fight.

    Some players when they kills they really don't see what's going on in the map.

    It's also happened in Whitefall many times.

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetangel View Post

    It's also happened in Whitefall many times.


    Yep, sent and/or defilers make better ninjas than rogues on this map at times. Luls.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  12. #27
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Strat can be a mofo in the domination mode. It is an outlying example but, I know a game I did a while back with Pridy was epic. Came into a KR dom game with like...a team losing 50 - 490 or something. We and the team managed to tighten ship and actually out-cap the other team and beat them while they trailed their score in the 900 range for a loss.

    Stuff like that sticks out to me as some of the most awesome Wf's I've played tbh. That is more fun than any KB streak I've had. And oh we had to slaughter to get that win too!
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-16-2013 at 07:36 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #28
    Champion robbinthehoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's not really a myth at all. But I don't think anybody says focus on a single one. I could write a novel with great depth on gameplay and strategy out-side of pure killing for success in WFs. But that doesn't mean I am saying people win Wf's with 1/5th the kills of the other team because they used good strat. That is a more outlying example, although does happen on some domination mode maps. I don't know why people have to be so black and white. Kills are important and so is actually playing the rule-set for what it is to get a win - paying attention to objectives can be the difference between a long drawn out win and a swift no-lube win.

    But people don't think out-side the box that much in this game. People report creativity as exploits because they don't take a second to try to comprehend, they just re-act, are clueless, and rage. Or take a look at the specs people play. Such large majority of players in every calling stay within a comfort zone of a noted popular "the forums say use this" type of spec. I even bust the balls of some good players and tell them they should try stuff besides MM because I know they are good and will blow people up on some other specs. Getting off point now though. But there is sooooooo much tricky shenanigans and slick strats you can do to push a win that isn't just a blunt attempt at a kill. Teamwork goes a long way, you don't need all 15 going balls out on getting a kill. Pick any WF and I will tell you a few creative approaches you could do that help a win and isn't prioritizing kills - though might certainly include killing.
    I don't think you are getting my point. I did not paint it in such black and white terms. I am going to hope you are being obtuse here. I never said you have to dominate to win, I said that teams that dominate win an overwhelming majority of the time, 99.999999% to be exact.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

  14. #29
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    I don't think you are getting my point. I did not paint it in such black and white terms. I am going to hope you are being obtuse here. I never said you have to dominate to win, I said that teams that dominate win an overwhelming majority of the time, 99.999999% to be exact.
    You said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.
    I started my premise that it is not a myth, and actually couldn't be farther from it. Frequency of something happening != best strategy. Even if it works.

    I think you'll find you agree with me overall more than you think, it's not worth arguing much about it. I already said everything I needed to.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-16-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  15. #30
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    This is total BS and the most ridiculous grabage being splattered all over the forums. We have all been doing WFs long enough to know that when one team dominates the other on kills and on the scoreboard 99.99999999% of the time they will get the win. I am so tired of seeing people complain that some are only playing for the scoreboard. Be thankful that they are, because that is the only reason your team is getting wins!

    Please spare the rest of us the carebear trash about strategy outside of kills winning WFs. It's a myth. The best strategy for a win is using tactics to dominate the other team, thereby dominating the scoreboard.

    KBs, for lack of a better word, are good. KBs are right. KBs work. KBs clarify, cut through, and capture the essence of the warfront spirit! KBs in all their forms, KBs for life, for ranks, for peels, prestige have marked the upward surge of PVP!
    Except in Codex, Port Scion, Whitefall, Library, and Karthan. But yeah, in black garden kills matter since the map is so small. In the other maps, its the objectives that matter.

    You need players capping flags or source stones. Usually,a team that is able to out kill the other is also aware of and able to do the objectives. If one team is slaughtering the other, of course they could change focus and get a 4 cap in Codex to win. However, if the kill score is 60 - 40 it has very little relevance on a map like Whitefall as 1 good steal while your team is distracted can win the game for the other side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts