+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Dear Trion

Default Dear Trion

You have successfully killed the pvp community off, yet again. I logged on tonight, on Seastone, and TB was literally more empty than it ever was before f2p (for those that don't know, seastone was a ghost town pre f2p). You guys had a ton of steam as soon as f2p hit, yet did absolutely nothing with it to keep players in this game. Keep adding your raids that only 5% of the population will ever see in the first 2 months of its release and please keep refusing to give pvp any meaningful, competitive end-game content; it's been working out great for you guys so far!

How are you honestly going to release a prestige increase in 2.4. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but to me this is a complete insult. I mean seriously....You're going to make us spend countless hours in the same old cq (for the past year now), for utterly zero reason? You seriously expect people to grind 10 levels in cq so that after that we can all afk in TB again? This is a complete insult to the pvp community. Instead of wasting your time on raising the prestige cap, how about you give us some sort of MEANINGFUL, NEW, COMPETITIVE CONTENT. You know, something that WILL KEEP PLAYERS PVP'ING besides A MEANINGLESS CARROT. The thing is, who the hell cares about getting new gear if there's nothing to use it for? People have been playing the same old pug wfs with zero rankings and a horrible matchmaking system for what, 2 years now? No meaningful leaderboards, no rated wfs, no pure deathmatch wfs. ZERO COMPETITION. LITERALLY NOTHING.

You guys keep tossing this dimension pvp idea around, yet you haven't given us a single detail about it. All we know is that it involves player made dimensions,possibly a black garden dimension, and pvp.............We have no idea if it will be dev supported, if there will be a que system, if there will be leaderboards, when we should expect a release, etc.

It's literally ridiculous. I can't speak for everyone, but your neglect of the pvp community has come to a point where it is now inexcusable. I am honestly offended that you are releasing another gear grind with absolutely zero competitive content, or anything to do after you finish that gear. Is this just a ploy so that you can make money off of people buying favor, prestige, and token pots as they rush to p90? Sure does look like a nice money grab for you guys....Lazy artwork, and cheap/time efficient development costs for more prestige ranks, that's for sure.

Pathetic. You guys could be swimming in cash if you only added some actual end-game, competitive content a year ago, or at least at the same time as when f2p went live.

Well keep doin what you doin, not getting another dime from me though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Yoke; 09-12-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    You have successfully killed the pvp community off, yet again. I logged on tonight, on Seastone, and TB was literally more empty than it ever was before f2p (for those that don't know, seastone was a ghost town pre f2p). You guys had a ton of steam as soon as f2p hit, yet did absolutely nothing with it to keep players in this game. Keep adding your raids that only 5% of the population will ever see in the first 2 months of its release and please keep refusing to give pvp any meaningful, competitive end-game content; it's been working out great for you guys so far!

How are you honestly going to release a prestige increase in 2.4. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but to me this is a complete insult. I mean seriously....You're going to make us spend countless hours in the same old cq (for the past year now), for utterly zero reason? You seriously expect people to grind 10 levels in cq so that after that we can all afk in TB again? This is a complete insult to the pvp community. Instead of wasting your time on raising the prestige cap, how about you give us some sort of MEANINGFUL, NEW, COMPETITIVE CONTENT. You know, something that WILL KEEP PLAYERS PVP'ING besides A MEANINGLESS CARROT. The thing is, who the hell cares about getting new gear if there's nothing to use it for? People have been playing the same old pug wfs with zero rankings and a horrible matchmaking system for what, 2 years now? No meaningful leaderboards, no rated wfs, no pure deathmatch wfs. ZERO COMPETITION. LITERALLY NOTHING.

You guys keep tossing this dimension pvp idea around, yet you haven't given us a single detail about it. All we know is that it involves player made dimensions,possibly a black garden dimension, and pvp.............We have no idea if it will be dev supported, if there will be a que system, if there will be leaderboards, when we should expect a release, etc.

It's literally ridiculous. I can't speak for everyone, but your neglect of the pvp community has come to a point where it is now inexcusable. I am honestly offended that you are releasing another gear grind with absolutely zero competitive content, or anything to do after you finish that gear. Is this just a ploy so that you can make money off of people buying favor, prestige, and token pots as they rush to p90? Sure does look like a nice money grab for you guys....Lazy artwork, and cheap/time efficient development costs for more prestige ranks, that's for sure.

Pathetic. You guys could be swimming in cash if you only added some actual end-game, competitive content a year ago, or at least at the same time as when f2p went live.

Well keep doin what you doin, not getting another dime from me though, that's for sure.

The end game PvP ends with you dueling vesperix i heard bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PVP is just a mini-game.

Dimensions are the real endgame.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    PVP is just a mini-game.

Dimensions are the real endgame.
    I thought Dimensions were going to be the mini-game.

Streaming and posting videos PvPing is real end game.
    Last edited by Strente; 09-12-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Strente View Post
    I thought Dimensions were going to be the mini-game.

According to that statement, Bishopx is the real end game.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    According to that statement, Bishopx is the real end game.
    Ah... So end game rift PvP means playing without a mouse... gotcha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whoa bb, chill ~

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

Im looking forward to buy the next set of swimsuits. BRING ON SUMMERFEST 2014.

Default ...

well said yoke. too bad they dont give a crap.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Strente View Post
    No taking screenshots of the scoreboard and posting them here is. Then the real fight breaks out.

I have spent tons on Rift since F2p. I was confident that with new players Trion would do things different this time around.

@Trion, if it didnt work the first time why the heck would you do it YET AGAIN? F2p launch income is not going to last forever.. **** you probably burned through it already.
    For the sake of my wallet and future intrests in this game give me a reason to spend money on you're game. I want to very much so but there is litterally no gain for me anymore. Im ok with PvP not being the main focus here. But its not even a sub focus, Daglar had to come in on a day off just to spice **** up a bit.. what kind of crap is that?

You guys really feel like a few casual cash cows are going to sustain this game? If I was an investor I would have jumped ship a year ago. You guys have a great team, tons of potential endless opertunitys just laying around going to waste.

Rift has a small playerbase as it is, why are pvp players an acceptable loss? You cant say they aren't either because you are losing them left and right yet havent seem to find you're way out of the pve gen forums.

I feel like I wasted a thousand bucks (serious buyers remourse). I dont mean to toot my own horn here but I worked pretty damn hard to keep my guild active even if that meant spending my own money. I would like to think im not an idiot for doing so. I cant play right now but if I could rest assured I would be.

It bums me out to see this path again. To read active forums posters and pvp community members getting upset over completwly valid issues and ones that uave been problems since launch even.

Please! Make some changes where pvp development is concerned. For the sake of you're loyals and the future of this games health.

I read a dev post once that said " it bums me out to see a player leave the game"

Do something about it. A real something not a bandaid.
    Last edited by zoar; 09-12-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    I have spent tons on Rift since F2p. I was confident that with new players Trion would do things different this time around.

@Trion, if it didnt work the first time why the heck would you do it YET AGAIN? F2p launch income is not going to last forever.. **** you probably burned through it already.
    For the sake of my wallet and future intrests in this game give me a reason to spend money on you're game. I want to very much so but there is litterally no gain for me anymore. Im ok with PvP not being the main focus here. But its not even a sub focus, Daglar had to come in on a day off just to spice **** up a bit.. what kind of crap is that?

You guys really feel like a few casual cash cows are going to sustain this game? If I was an investor I would have jumped ship a year ago. You guys have a great team, tons of potential endless opertunitys just laying around going to waste.

Rift has a small playerbase as it is, why are pvp players an acceptable loss? You cant say they aren't either because you are losing them left and right yet havent seem to find you're way out of the pve gen forums.

I feel like I wasted a thousand bucks (serious buyers remourse). I dont mean to toot my own horn here but I worked pretty damn hard to keep my guild active even if that meant spending my own money. I would like to think im not an idiot for doing so. I cant play right now but if I could rest assured I would be.

It bums me out to see this path again. To read active forums posters and pvp community members getting upset over completwly valid issues and ones that uave been problems since launch even.

Please! Make some changes where pvp development is concerned. For the sake of you're loyals and the future of this games health.

I read a dev post once that said " it bums me out to see a player leave the game"

Do something about it. A real something not a bandaid.
    Well said. I agree as I have come back as gw2 PvP is a joke to me and rift has been the beat PvP in a while IMO. Problem is I come back from max rank and gear months ago to having another Kong grind and being two-three shot trying to do PvP dailies again. Its enough to .make me want to quit seeing how many CQ marks I need for 1 ****ing piece of gear. I've grinded for a week now and don't even have half enough to buy one piece. Not to mention then you have to upgrade them. Honestly I was hoping to come back and enjoy wrecking fools. I miss the days of open world pvp , especially way back when with full sandbox and no factions in games like ultima online and shadowbane, kill anyone whenever you want. Now I know there is far too many care bears that a game wouldn't survive on that alone now days but at least give us the attention we deserve. After all we all have paid month after month for the game too and if we choose to play for the PvP we should be looked at.
    Another gear grind is almost enough to make me quit again as I still have full warlord to grind now. Forcing us to do stupid CQ to get marks for gear is a joke too
    Its all just a way to they to get people to say screw this and buy it with gems... You will catch a lot more fly's with honey as they say..

I am so not looking forward to grinding another 10 lvls when i just hit 80 a couple of weeks ago. I am kinda annoyed really. I couldn't agree more with the op. And since I am already typing i am going to ***** about the pvp gear not not being raid viable like it use to be. You have made to where you have to pick one or the other in this game. i love pvp but i also like to raid and i dont have time to gear up for pvp and pve. i just hit r80 almost a year later so everytime i logged on i only pvp. I spent my own money to get the upgrades from the WE vender and use 4 peices of WL gear so i can use my crystal. That is what i did before but our gear had more intlligence and focus/hit. I can hit 10k but i should be doing a lot more. This next tear of pvp gear i will only grind for if you make it like it use to be, not the best but competitive.

2 more conquest maps please.

Stillmoar
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    I logged on tonight, on Seastone, and TB was literally more empty than it ever was before f2p (for those that don't know, seastone was a ghost town pre f2p).
    did it never occur to you that TB was empty because everyone was out in the world enjoying pve content or pvp dailies?

seeing TB empty should be a goal for trion. not because players have quit, but because players are playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast