+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Fix Corpse Explosion? - HD Video of CE in CQ from Necro Point-of-View

Default Fix Corpse Explosion? - HD Video of CE in CQ from Necro Point-of-View

Here is a video of corpse explosion in conquest from today. It was the match with Assistant leading Oath, RG leading Dom and Sweet leading NF. My spec doesn't make any sense and I'm the worst mage NA but hopefully this still gets the point across that CE makes conquest less...fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauZ7h-_Nh0&hd=1

My favorite CE moment is at 1:47 when RG and Assistant's teams both kill each other at the same time.
    Last edited by Darkjoy; 08-18-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Soulwalker

good times

Ascendant

The day this game gets balanced with CQ is mind will be a bad day indeed.

Rift Disciple

Corpse explosion is only powerful when you are actually wining and overpowering the other team, In all the fights CE only cleared poeple when they lost the fight and where out numbered and out DPSed.

In a real good CQ there will atlest be 3 -4 wardens cleansing everything you throw and its not like CE is gonna blow up once its timer is UP like tyranny. Someone has to die and its also quite hard to find the person with the lowest HP in a massive zerg with loads of nameplates.

Its not overpowered, but masters rage is in 61 necro. Dam that will hurt people.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by satk View Post
    Corpse explosion is only powerful when you are actually wining and overpowering the other team, In all the fights CE only cleared poeple when they lost the fight and where out numbered and out DPSed.

In a real good CQ there will atlest be 3 -4 wardens cleansing everything you throw and its not like CE is gonna blow up once its timer is UP like tyranny. Someone has to die and its also quite hard to find the person with the lowest HP in a massive zerg with loads of nameplates.

Its not overpowered, but masters rage is in 61 necro. Dam that will hurt people.
    Not true. I've seen CE wipe groups who had a clear advantage until it popped. Tyranny is also easy to heal through, one shots are not easy to heal through.

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    Not true. I've seen CE wipe groups who had a clear advantage until it popped. Tyranny is also easy to heal through, one shots are not easy to heal through.
    Right, I have seen that many times as well and that is my issue with it. I have only been doing CQ for like a month and a half now but I can't recall any times I have been legitimately one-shot except for CE.

Champion of Telara

First rule of almost any pvp game i have ever played.... Dont bunch up.

Break that rule and deserve everything you get. Leave CE as it is - maybe it will chill out the zerg mentality a little

Video had guitar solo - already like it more than most.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Looks more like a positioning issue rather than a skill that needs to be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cYan View Post
    Looks more like a positioning issue rather than a skill that needs to be nerfed.
    Can you name another AoE that can do that? They nerfed AoE damage in PvP for a reason, guess they forgot that they did that when they upped CE's spread damage by 3x.

Plane Touched

CE is actually easy to counter :

-cleanse first target with CE > win.
    -don't stay stacked like sheeps > win
    Last edited by Darkhain; 08-19-2013 at 04:20 AM.

I think everyone is missing the point of this thread.
    And that is what video cards are you running to get that kind of performance in CQ?
    Last edited by dcndnts; 08-19-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhain View Post
    CE is actually easy to counter :

-cleanse first target with CE > win.
    -don't stay stacked like sheeps > win
    im all for zerg busting and smart play but anything that insta-kills you is bad no matter how easy it is to avoid. I mean look how good sab used to be in CQ and it took more setup, more GCDS, and took 3-4 ticks to kill, and it got nerfed to hell even though all you had to do was "not stay stacked like sheeps"
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-19-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Needs fixed, period. There's only so much you can cleanse in a 60-80 person per team fight, and only so far you can spread out.

When teams are stacking mages explicitly for this cheese, you know it's an outlier.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

i like how people complain about CE being broken in cq, as if premades had any trouble wiping pugs without using it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast