+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Perma stealth and wpvp balance.

Default Perma stealth and wpvp balance.

Perm stealth causes issues in that an unsuspecting player can easily be outnumbered by stealthing rogues placing a player in a no choice death scenario. Permanent stealth abilities with no CD compromises fairness in wpvp in that their ability to recon is too strong.

The current state of stealth renders rogues dominant over open world areas. I recommend either a pvp potion that detects stealthers at a 10 or 15 meter range and shows up as a buff for the rogue to see so fairness for them as well. A Cooldown that forces rogue players to use the a CD based stealth strategically. rather then taunting people that have recon vials only to stealth.

They shouldn't be able to stand there and /say /yell while a group of 12 stands there and waits for wpvp. meanwhile by all probability these stealthing rogues just wait for a chance to outnumber someone.

Crying for more rogue buffs with out the slightest hint that stealth needs to be factored into the balance is foolish. The stealth model for this game to me is an out dated pre historic model kept this way in such an evolutionary game merely because rogue's are the most widely used class.
    Last edited by Aristeiia; 07-29-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeiia View Post
    Perm stealth causes issues in that an unsuspecting player can easily be outnumbered by stealthing rogues placing a player in a no choice death scenario. Permanent stealth abilities with no CD compromises fairness in wpvp in that their ability to recon is too strong.

The current state of stealth renders rogues dominant over open world areas. I recommend either a pvp potion that detects stealthers at a 10 or 15 meter range and shows up as a buff for the rogue to see so fairness for them as well. A Cooldown that forces rogue players to use the a CD based stealth strategically. rather then taunting people that have recon vials only to stealth.

They shouldn't be able to stand there and /say /yell while a group of 12 stands there and waits for wpvp. meanwhile by all probability these stealthing rogues just wait for a chance to outnumber someone.

Crying for more rogue buffs with out the slightest hint that stealth needs to be factored into the balance is foolish. The stealth model for this game to me is an out dated pre historic model kept this way in such an evolutionary game merely because rogue's are the most widely used class.

Says someone who does not fully understand the game/classes or how to play properly.

Rogues are one of the easier classes to kill 1v1....even a full warlord 61 sin, if he does not kill you when he ganks you from stealth, the sin most likely will lose.

Do yourself a favor and transfer to a pve shard until you are lvl 60 and geared then xfer back to a pvp shard when you learn to play your class correctly and geared.

Because this post and rant is silly about a soul that is only ever useful in certain situations.

Oh and Perm stealth is fine.......stealth in this game is like nothing.....How on earth you think perm stealth is op is over my head.

LMK when you come back and learn to play your class in pvp, you will see how easy sin souls are to deal with.

Any Iniq cleric, Riftblade warrior, Harb/chloro mage, every single class has a 1v1 spec that is better than the rogues 1v1 sin spec.

Not trying to be mean to you or anything, but it's just a silly thing to get mad about then post about how its op because it frustrates you on a pvp shard.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 07-29-2013 at 10:41 PM.

I'm fully geared, fully runed and fully PA'd. You sound angered and threatened.

Prophet of Telara

I'm fully geared, fully runed and fully PA'd. You sound angered and threatened.

How I'm angered its just a stupid thing to cry about when its so easy to deal with if you understood how to pvp on your class properly, and list your "P80 fully geared class" and what spec you are, otherwise you are just making stuff up and sounding dumb.

And if you are a troll, its a pretty bad one.

And what suggestions would you make to the rogue class perma stealth to make it more "fair"?

If you dont want to be taken as teary eyed have a solution, a viable one that people can discuss.

I dont have problems with sin rogues, most suck to be honost and a simple hybrid spec changes that. Every class has a viable open world spec.

What class are you? I would be more then willing to offer you a spec tbat rogues would rather ignore thenbother attacking you. Especially if you are fully geared, runed and max PA.
    Last edited by Keota; 07-29-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I gave suggestions in the post you didn't read. I knew ignorance would overtake an evident balance issue.

I'm a rogue.

An actuall viable suggestion sir.

A cool down on stealth for a soul that revolves around being perma stealthed? You can do better then that. Or you are still flustered about that sin rogue 45 mins ago and cant think straight.

Hahah even though you called me ignorant Im going to help you out. Because I hate rogues that talk smack invisible and run when they cant back it up

Warrior: wl/pal rb/pal vk/rb

Mage: chloroharb (39ish in chloro I think)

Cleric: Inq fotm.

Stop doing dailys in full dps specs solo.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Soulwalker

The majority of players attacked by rogues die. Since they are stealthed they can get the drop on you which is the problem. Any other class you can see approaching. Adding stealth to all classes is about the only way to balance it. Unlike fighting other class you have to be alert all the time and act fast to beat a rogue.
    Last edited by Larn; 07-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    An actuall viable suggestion sir.

A cool down on stealth for a soul that revolves around being perma stealthed? You can do better then that. Or you are still flustered about that sin rogue 45 mins ago and cant think straight.

Hahah even though you called me ignorant Im going to help you out. Because I hate rogues that talk smack invisible and run when they cant back it up

Warrior: wl/pal rb/pal vk/rb

Mage: chloroharb (39ish in chloro I think)

Cleric: Inq fotm.

Stop doing dailys in full dps specs solo.
    Explain to me how a rogue revolves around the fact that it can perma stealth. You sound like a mad rogue tbh.

Lol what? I can see it now. An army of stealthed players walking around for hours looking for eachother.

The majority of people who die to rogues open world got ganked 2v1 or was caught in a full dps spec.

Trion gave you the tools to beat sin rogues. Just because you died to it doeznt make stealth OP it means you fix what you did wrong and try again.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Lol what? I can see it now. An army of stealthed players walking around for hours looking for eachother.

The majority of people who die to rogues open world got ganked 2v1 or was caught in a full dps spec.

Trion gave you the tools to beat sin rogues. Just because you died to it doeznt make stealth OP it means you fix what you did wrong and try again.
    Please explain to me how a rogue revolves around the ability to perma stealth. this isn't a 1v1 balance debate if you haven't noticed.

Explain to me how a rogue revolves around the fact that it can perma stealth. You sound like a mad rogue tbh.
    Well seeing as only one soul (im guessing to be honost because im actually not a rogue) has perma stealth and in combat restealth yes it absalutly is the bread and butter of that spec.

Because unstealthed you can cut through them like butter.

Not all rogue souls have perma stealth.
    Last edited by Keota; 07-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Well seeing as only one soul (im guessing to be honost because im actually not a rogue) has perma stealth and in combat restealth yes it absalutly is the bread and butter of that spec.

Because unstealth you can cut through them like butter.

Not all rogue souls have perma stealth.
    Still not seeing why perma stealth has to remain,. There's no reason why it shouldn't have a duration

Still not seeing why perma stealth has to remain,. There's no reason why it shouldn't have a duration
    The emphasis here should clearly on your inability to see the reasons. There are lots of them.

Going to go out on a limb and guess you play an MM, and are wondering why people don't just fall over dead like you're used to when you push three buttons in any order and bunny hop around.

Rather than continue posting in this thread, please just send angry tells to whoever normally pocket heals you for not being there.

Also, please keep running around doing dailies solo in a dps spec; your tears are delicious.

~Eggs
    Last edited by Eggs; 07-29-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Perma stealth is not really new to this genre of gaming. It comes with its faults having 0 survivability besides restealth. Maybe if it had much more survivability they would consider it? But then again rogues have nbrs which has a 30 second stealth (i think) but strong defences.

Thing about rogues, they perma steal and harras, wait for you to be alone and then usually fail misrably at killing you unless you are already half dead to a mob. Thats the only problem I have with them but thats all they are really good for to be honost.

Its an evil that I dont see going away to be honost.
    Last edited by Keota; 07-29-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast