+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Perma stealth and wpvp balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    The emphasis here should clearly on your inability to see the reasons. There are lots of them.

Going to go out on a limb and guess you play an MM, and are wondering why people don't just fall over dead like you're used to when you push three buttons in any order and bunny hop around.

Rather than continue posting in this thread, please just send angry tells to whoever normally pocket heals you for not being there.

Also, please keep running around doing dailies solo in a dps spec; your tears are delicious.

~Eggs
    well enlighten us with those reasons. Stating that perma stealth is balanced because they are squishy while having a free escape button is well you get the picture but please don't hesitate.

I'm pretty sure defending a class that has the ability to stay stealth in certain area for as long as they want has enough reasons for a few light bulbs to go off. all they have to do is work together.

You are also assuming what I play. you might be able to get a clue if you read my original post.
    Last edited by Aristeiia; 07-29-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeiia View Post
    well enlighten us
    There is no 'us.' The only person who is in need of 'enlightenment' is you. There is a consensus in this thread that a) the reasons are obvious and b) you're probably bad.

Stating that perma stealth is balanced because they are squishy while having a free escape button is well you get the picture but please don't hesitate.
    This was not my stated reason. You know this, of course, because your thesis is "Eggs, who didn't give any reasons, should give some reasons."

I suggest you learn more about classes and their abilities (start with your own). Then come back and reread everything you've written. Don't worry, the embarrassment you feel will eventually go away.

I'm pretty sure defending a class that has the ability to stay stealth in certain area for as long as they want has enough reasons for a few light bulbs to go off. all they have to do is work together.
    You're right. 2 players should never be able to beat 1 player, especially when it's impossible to predict that there might be other players out and about in an MMO. The injustice of it all.

You are also assuming what I play. you might be able to get a clue if you read my original post.
    Unlikely. You wrote your original post, and you still don't have a clue.

You still haven't answered my question.. and I might play a rogue possibly but I might not. Oh i'm truly sorry I meant to say you inferred that perma stealth is balanced due to squishiness thankfully I can get the chance to clear this up the world depended on that.
    Last edited by Aristeiia; 07-29-2013 at 11:57 PM.

I'm a rogue.
    I might play a rogue possibly but I might not.
    .....aaaaaaaaaand we're done here.

Thanks for watching everyone. Goodnight!

~Eggs
    Last edited by Eggs; 07-29-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    .....aaaaaaaaaand we're done here.

Thanks for watching everyone, and goodnight!

~Eggs

**slips awayyyy** answer my question with desperate mockery

Prophet of Telara

You still haven't answered my question.. and I might play a rogue possibly but I might not.
    because everything you have stated just shows you don't know how to play rift pvp,

You don't even list your full " P 80 warlord geared char"

Which I doubt you even own or have and you are prob just someone who started rift when it went ftp last month..............And 95% of the pvp community in rift agree rogues are by far the easiest pvp class to deal with even sins in open world pvp stealth is almost a joke.

You are just not understanding how to spec or play. If you are a rogue soul...........Here is a thought now bare with me.........spec into 61 sin and get your own perm stealth as thats your open world pvp spec derp.

What are you trying to do??? Run around in a group MM spec that is ment for large scale pvp or your icy torrent spamming tact?

theres only like 2 good sins in this game and they hardly play most retired........So I have no clue how you are having issues with stealth unless you are bad troll or 100% lier and you have very bad gear on a fresh lvl 60.

theres nothing really else to discuss this entire thread is a bit of a joke and more of a cry/rant post because you don't like being ganked in open world pvp that does not even really exist anymore.

All you are doing is being a very very very bad troll......I hope you are, because if you really have issues and crying about sin soul perm stealth.........pvp may not be your thing and you may need to look into pve raiding.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 07-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    because everything you have stated just shows you don't know how to play rift pvp,

You don't even list your full " P 80 warlord geared char"

Which I doubt you even own or have and you are prob just someone who started rift when it went ftp last month..............And 95% of the pvp community in rift agree rogues are by far the easiest pvp class to deal with even sins in open world pvp stealth is almost a joke.

You are just not understanding how to spec or play. If you are a rogue soul...........Here is a thought now bare with me.........spec into 61 sin and get your own perm stealth as thats your open world pvp spec derp.

What are you trying to do??? Run around in a group MM spec that is ment for large scale pvp or your icy torrent spamming tact?

theres only like 2 good sins in this game and they hardly play most retired........So I have no clue how you are having issues with stealth unless you are bad troll or 100% lier and you have very bad gear on a fresh lvl 60.

theres nothing really else to discuss this entire thread is a bit of a joke and more of a cry/rant post because you don't like being ganked in open world pvp that does not even really exist anymore.

All you are doing is being a very very very bad troll......I hope you are, because if you really have issues and crying about sin soul perm stealth.........pvp may not be your thing and you may need to look into pve raiding.
    Are you unable to answer my question do to excessive anger or something?

Good night troll, I suggest investing into getting a life instead of spamming general forums with stupid threads, because you are clearly lacking a brain and basic reading.
    **slips awayyyy*** answer my question with desperate mockery

Aristeiia, if you're talking about stealthed rogues banding together in OWPvP on a PvP server then my own response is that anything goes on a PvP server and always has, and anyone on those servers is accepting that. If you're talking about that same thing but on a PvE server where it's difficult (for whatever reason/s) to party with someone AND there is no other way to obtain the reward desired (such as via CQ or warfronts where there's a reasonable chance to be able to team with others) THEN is when I feel your suggestion for a way to detect and avoid cloaked rogues, especially a party of them, is not entirely without basis. Since I think it has been demonstrated very adequately that PvE and PvP servers differ in population preferences for PvP, PvP players on PvE servers have a difficult time finding others to group with if they are not in a PvP guild - and THAT is what makes ganking and camping practices possible and prevalent and that are so frowned on by many on PvE servers but not on PvP servers, because that is why they can be done easier on PvE servers that feature OWPvP. I'm saying that the mentioned groups of cloaked rogues are just a small part of a bigger picture.

My only suggestion is to find others to group with when doing OWPvP, using Chat if that will work for you. If you find that impossible then you have other possibilities that should be obvious to you but that will not solve the basis for the opening post. But I seriously doubt you will get many responses if your desire to challenge OWPvP other than derisive ones that seek to belittle you, but I don't agree that your voicing your thoughts on things is valid social reason for that occurring (on the contrary, and such people should know better and be more constructive).

Says someone who does not fully understand the game/classes or how to play properly.
    Not sure you do, actually.

Sin is the king of open world PvP because of perm stealth. I've never been killed by anyone when using it... and if by some miracle I haven't nuked them in 2-5 seconds and they DO put up too much of a fight... i'll use slip away, follow them... and try again til I succeed or get bored.

No other class or soul has constantly got the drop on their enemy like assassin does, but i guess that goes with the name.

General of Telara

Perm stealth causes issues in that an unsuspecting player can easily be outnumbered by stealthing rogues placing a player in a no choice death scenario. .
    Any class can outnumber another and kill them. That's what happens when you get outnumbered.

General of Telara

As to assassins being good at killing people in wpvp 1v1...if they couldn't do that they couldn't do anything.
    Last edited by dooby; 07-30-2013 at 05:36 AM. Reason: double post

I've always thought stealth was imbalanced. Rogues are balanced with other callings (or attempted to anyway) in regards of dps and survivability with complete disregard for stealth.

In the end theoretically you have 4 calling that are identical and balanced (for most situations) and then 1 of them just has something incredibly useful (stealth) under specific conditions (pvp).

Reminds me of my EQ days. Sneak was great fun but even in pve there were some mobs that could see you and you would have to con everything when sneaking through dangerous areas. But pvp? You turned a faint blue and could still be seen. Stealth is an OP mechanic in a lot of situations (Karthan Ridge / Black Garden Dom are good examples) and it is basically given to rogues for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Aristeiia, if you're talking about stealthed rogues banding together in OWPvP on a PvP server then my own response is that anything goes on a PvP server and always has, and anyone on those servers is accepting that. If you're talking about that same thing but on a PvE server where it's difficult (for whatever reason/s) to party with someone AND there is no other way to obtain the reward desired (such as via CQ or warfronts where there's a reasonable chance to be able to team with others) THEN is when I feel your suggestion for a way to detect and avoid cloaked rogues, especially a party of them, is not entirely without basis. Since I think it has been demonstrated very adequately that PvE and PvP servers differ in population preferences for PvP, PvP players on PvE servers have a difficult time finding others to group with if they are not in a PvP guild - and THAT is what makes ganking and camping practices possible and prevalent and that are so frowned on by many on PvE servers but not on PvP servers, because that is why they can be done easier on PvE servers that feature OWPvP. I'm saying that the mentioned groups of cloaked rogues are just a small part of a bigger picture.

My only suggestion is to find others to group with when doing OWPvP, using Chat if that will work for you. If you find that impossible then you have other possibilities that should be obvious to you but that will not solve the basis for the opening post. But I seriously doubt you will get many responses if your desire to challenge OWPvP other than derisive ones that seek to belittle you, but I don't agree that your voicing your thoughts on things is valid social reason for that occurring (on the contrary, and such people should know better and be more constructive).
    Saying that a bad balancing issue is fine because it's no rules open world is a poor excuse. Truth is people are not accepting the perma stealth it compromises fairness. What I proposed would not effect their ability to gank it would only limit rogues ability to 3v1 stealth sucker punch ppl. You suggestion of getting more to handle a group of stealth rogues is pretty useless in that it's a colossal waste of time. Why? because they simply won't fight with the ability to watch you for any amount of time they want.

Complaining about sin? every class has the ability to spec and beat rogues 1v1 even from stealth, the rogue does not have such a luxury.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast