+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 60 pvp dmg/burst feels too high.

Default 60 pvp dmg/burst feels too high.

Trion, would you please consider toning PvP dmg/burst down or increasing survivability just a tad in lvl60 PvP.

The game, in it's current state, feels more like an FPS than an MMO. The dmg output, especially from Pyros (emphasis on the issue of Pyros) is absolutely ridculous.

This is all made worse by some CC's which last way, way too long for a game with such high dps/burst (diminished returns have become a non-factor. I mean, I hardly ever see immune, like ever).

Also, would you consider making break free apply immunity to CC's for a couple secs after it's used, the way it used to work before.

Ascendant

Get Mercenary Seal (for max Valor) and it's honestly pretty good. Pure raw damage melee just need something to make them a bit sturdier.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Champion of Telara

60 bracket is high damage, high healing. TTK with the absence of either(currently) is broken. The game feels much better after R70 and 4 pc + crystal(gear does matter, but lets not get into that) if you're willing to stick it out that long.

Wait, I thought healing cleric was too gud, now you're telling me dps burst too gud?

Welcome to a balanced game

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I personally think both healing and dps needs a bit of a nerf, at least the top dogs. I want longer battles.

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Wait, I thought healing cleric was too gud, now you're telling me dps burst too gud?

healing is too good. so is burst damage.
    its survivability that needs a buff ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    healing is too good. so is burst damage.
    its survivability that needs a buff ;)
    DPS in general is really high, so is healing. You could argue that it's balanced, but this is actually what causes such imbalanced WFs. If one team has a good healer and the other doesn't, it's a one sided WF. Likewise with DPS. The team that has both vs a team that has one or the other will also be a crushing game. Luckily I play a non-bad healer so I typically win 9/10 WFs solo queue, and this is why.

If WF queues worked like dungeon queues where people are forced to list roles they are capable of, then I could agree that this type of balance can work in most cases.
    Last edited by Soboboo; 07-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

More hit points for the people!

It feels like when I'm healing an under geared tank in a dungeon... my heals are ridiculously high in comparison to his health, and the damage from mobs and bosses are likewise high. Everything is high.

edit: except for hp of course

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    Trion, would you please consider toning PvP dmg/burst down or increasing survivability just a tad in lvl60 PvP.

The game, in it's current state, feels more like an FPS than an MMO. The dmg output, especially from Pyros (emphasis on the issue of Pyros) is absolutely ridculous.

This is all made worse by some CC's which last way, way too long for a game with such high dps/burst (diminished returns have become a non-factor. I mean, I hardly ever see immune, like ever).

Also, would you consider making break free apply immunity to CC's for a couple secs after it's used, the way it used to work before.

Pyros are not the top damage soul they just get noticed more due to the lack of decent warriors. When you get in warlord gear you will likely find that TTK is fine.

Breakfree currently does provide immunity to CC for ~3 seconds or something like that and if you hardly ever see someone that is CC immune it has to mean that you are on a terrible team that does not use CC much.

Also, try to 1v1 a decent sentinal then tell me that CC abilities last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Pyros are not the top damage soul they just get noticed more due to the lack of decent warriors. When you get in warlord gear you will likely find that TTK is fine.

Breakfree currently does provide immunity to CC for ~3 seconds or something like that and if you hardly ever see someone that is CC immune it has to mean that you are on a terrible team that does not use CC much.

Also, try to 1v1 a decent sentinal then tell me that CC abilities last too long.
    Don't let your common sense get in the way of noob ignorance. Everyone knows pyros are too good, I just got hit with a 19.5k fulminate crit the other day, after watching a Sentinel tank 9 Riftblades all at once. Rift is so imbalanced

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Healing clerics and burst dps are too good.

A paradox?

I wonder that.

Pyros are not the top damage soul they just get noticed more due to the lack of decent warriors.
    This makes a whole lot of sense.

Breakfree currently does provide immunity to CC for ~3 seconds or something like that.
    I get focused a lot in warfronts. naturally I wind up resorting to break free quite a lot. After breaking free from a cc I've gotten myself insta-cc'd. This has happened often so it left me wondering what was going on. there was no mention of the immunity in the spell description and I've only just recently come back to rift after a 8mth long break, So I assumed that they had changed it. My mistake.

if you hardly ever see someone that is CC immune it has to mean that you are on a terrible team that does not use CC much.
    I'm going to ignore this part of your comment cause it makes a ton of sense.

Sentinels*, seem like they are hard to kill not because they are OP or because of healer's covenant or CC's or anything. No, they get noticed and called out for being OP more due to the lack of decent warriors.
    Last edited by toodles; 07-16-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Ascendant

Don't let your common sense get in the way of noob ignorance. Everyone knows pyros are too good, I just got hit with a 19.5k fulminate crit the other day, after watching a Sentinel tank 9 Riftblades all at once. Rift is so imbalanced
    But that is only because a hyrid chloro/pyro can tank 11 Riftblades while killing the two sentinals healing them.

But that is only because a hyrid chloro/pyro can tank 11 Riftblades while killing the two sentinals healing them.
    Omg I can't wait to hit 60 on my mage so I can insta-win!

Telaran

So healing and DPS is overpowered? Sounds balanced.

You should play in the 40's bracket (then only healing is overpowered) and no1 ever dies. I have seen WF's with less then 5 KB.

Also reducing burst is pretty much ruining the rogue class (which is already struggling compared to the other classes).
    Last edited by Samuraiofchaos; 07-16-2013 at 04:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast