+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 60 pvp dmg/burst feels too high.

The trouble with this game is the number of players that think dps is the only role worth playing. Trion gave us this game where YOU can tailor make the best toon possible for the need YOU see. Please, stop asking Trion to fix what you can fix and are expected to fix. In the process make your game more interesting and challenging. They gave us all these soul trees so stop worrying about what some pew pew PvPer says and use the right souls for the win and interesting play.

Anyone on cluster 2 know my rogue? If you do, you will know I really do bard. It can be serious fun especially when the other team is good. I run with Insoles, A of C and OtD as needed. I laugh my *** off all night kiting people and healing my way to the top of the parse. The game becomes out smarting dps, kiting melee and LOSing dps in ways that waste their entire effort. One of my favorites is running in to enemy dps clusters and giving pointers to my team in /say. Really emphasizes idgaf about TTK issues because I am not subject to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

PVP at 60 isn't much fun and is essentially an FPS game. Pyro's are right over top, but if isn't Pyro's it will be RB/Tempest or MM's or something else.

At least though w/f's from 1-59 are a lot of fun. Sure Pyro's are still blowing everyone up, but what I like about it is it gives you a chance to run so many different specs. Ie; I did very well with Warlock and Necromancer in the 1-59 bracket. As soon I hit 60, no can do. Have to play the burst game, pit pat paddywhack.

One of the things that is missing in PVP is resistances are ignored. Thus you have no counter to a Pyromancer. If resistances were countered you could max out your fire resistance and reduce the damage. Its poor mechanics that doesn't allow you to counter something OP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    PVP at 60 isn't much fun and is essentially an FPS game. Pyro's are right over top, but if isn't Pyro's it will be RB/Tempest or MM's or something else.

At least though w/f's from 1-59 are a lot of fun. Sure Pyro's are still blowing everyone up, but what I like about it is it gives you a chance to run so many different specs. Ie; I did very well with Warlock and Necromancer in the 1-59 bracket. As soon I hit 60, no can do. Have to play the burst game, pit pat paddywhack.

One of the things that is missing in PVP is resistances are ignored. Thus you have no counter to a Pyromancer. If resistances were countered you could max out your fire resistance and reduce the damage. Its poor mechanics that doesn't allow you to counter something OP.
    PvP is intended to be played with healers; it is fairly obvious who the pyro is targeting on the raid frames and it can be countered. Cleanses will reduce the damage of a pyro along with a cleric's Healer's Covenant and links. Pyro is very susceptible to purges also.

Besides, without the burst of Pyro, RB and MM/Rng no one will be able to get any kills.

People who are having issues with the TTK in this game should have a look at some of the 5v5 match videos on youtube. You either have poor gear or are in a poor team if TTK is a problem.

FYI pyro rarely gets used in 5v5 due to how poor it is against decent players.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    PvP is intended to be played with healers; it is fairly obvious who the pyro is targeting on the raid frames and it can be countered. Cleanses will reduce the damage of a pyro along with a cleric's Healer's Covenant and links. Pyro is very susceptible to purges also.
    Yep, countdown+combust makes it so easy to prelink focus targets even when quick swapping. I actually think pyro would be used more if there were more than a tiny handful of 5v5 groups, let alone good ones.
    Last edited by Soboboo; 07-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    Yep, countdown+combust makes it so easy to prelink focus targets even when quick swapping. I actually think pyro would be used more if there were more than a tiny handful of 5v5 groups, let alone good ones.
    I never said it was easy, but good clerics do it. It isn't like the target dies in 2-3 GCD anway.

Champion of Telara

I never said it was easy, but good clerics do it. It isn't like the target dies in 2-3 GCD anway.
    I'm not being sarcastic, my main spec is defiler. I do however think that pyros not being used in 5v5s doesn't mean anything simply because Rift PvP is the least competitive it's ever been in the time(s) I've played. If there were more groups, and more good groups specifically you would see a lot more team comps than what has been deemed meta by 2-3 5 mans.

Ascendant

Should also note that 5v5 is not the decider of whether a given spec is viable/powerful/overpowered or not, except within that category itself.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Should also note that 5v5 is not the decider of whether a given spec is viable/powerful/overpowered or not, except within that category itself.
    It actually translates pretty well to 10-15v10-15, but again it means nothing because the scene is not competitive. This would be like basing WoW balance off of skirmish arenas with no ranking system, with a pool of 2-3 teams. The sample size is just too small.

Ascendant

PvP burst is too high (except for rogues). Warriors, mages and clerics all need nerfs (or rogues need buffs). Take your pick.

Besides, without the burst of Pyro, RB and MM/Rng no one will be able to get any kills.

People who are having issues with the TTK in this game should have a look at some of the 5v5 match videos on youtube. You either have poor gear or are in a poor team if TTK is a problem.

FYI pyro rarely gets used in 5v5 due to how poor it is against decent players.
    ^So much backseat gaming in this post.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    ^So much backseat gaming in this post.
    lol, I didn't realise there was such a thing, nor does it mean that I am wrong.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    PvP burst is too high (except for rogues). Warriors, mages and clerics all need nerfs (or rogues need buffs). Take your pick.
    Old good QQ from bad players... Learn to play instead of whining on forums.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    ^ This.

I hear whining on this forum all the time, usually involving three things:

1) Healing (Cleric) is OP.
    2) Pyro (Mage) is OP.
    3) RB (Warrior) is OP.

The only solution I can think of is to buff MM, so now people can complain that Rogues are OP.

Fia

Useless discussion. Please close this thread. Thank you. :)
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2