+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Valnak
  • 1 Post By Rgizil

Thread: Conquest Multiboxing Moles

Telaran

Default Conquest Multiboxing Moles

I have always thought about the various strats that can exist in CQ....almost endless possibilities, and that's one of the many fun aspects to it for me. Multi-boxing in CQ was something I never considered until it came to my attention as I kept hearing more and more people muttering 'foul' at alleged multi-boxers playing 2 teams(one mole to feed the others).

I don't care if someone multi-boxes on general principle in pve. Someone can multi-box to a stressful early grave if that's his/her thing, but when it comes to pvp that's a huge issue. I don't think anyone can disagree(other than those benefitting from it in pvp). The possibility of one player multi-boxing one char in say 'Nightfall' and a mole on their other char in say either 'Dominion' or 'Oathsworn'(or even both), is both game-morale and game-match breaking.

From the TRION team's end I don't know how this could be prevented, and I have no ideas how or if it's even possible. I am not a programmer and I don't know what's technically feasible. Right now, it takes about 2-3 confrontations that were too perfectly executed for 'us' to be where 'they' will be. That's about where you start seeing a team is being fed and to stop following the person that is suspected of doing this that we trusted as our lead. When it seems apparent a team is being directly fed to another faction in CQ, the only thing we have as gamer's to reduce this possibility is to follow trusted CQ leadership. That is much easier said than done, but it is something that is in our control to do something about player side.

If there is a way to exploit a game in anyway many people will do it, and it seems more and more gamers are delving deeper into being more unscrupulous people than in any time before. It's the lower rung of human behavior that I have seen so many people that play games choose to engage in. I guess even in the gaming world we have to deal with our own A-Rod's and Lance Armstrong's that 'need' the crutch of cheating their way to false victories.

I don't fully understand all the reasons why people 'choose' to do this and not get satisfaction from the thrill of a truly hard fought match on the basis of good solid sportsmanship and the respect for the game and your opponents as it was intended. One guess is that they can't compete and are not truly skilled enough to play the game without cheating the system and their fellow gamers and themselves. Personally, if you are not skilled at pvp gaming and you need to exploit to play, why are you even playing an mmo? Why play mmo games at all?

We many never get the exact root answer why they do what they do, and I know there are tons of reasons to consider. Ultimately, it's the game community that suffers as a whole, because changes wind up getting made that end up restricting everyone's enjoyment as a result of these people. These types of people are what destroys games, server populations, and their respective gaming communities at large. It's a problem in every game across all genres. We CAN improve the quality of players and band together to force flush out the trash from within, and bolster our quality players to keep people like that out. In the end it's about choice and that will eventually come down to numbers.....how many choose to play right vs. how many choose to play wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie72 View Post
    The possibility of one player multi-boxing one char in say 'Nightfall' and a mole on their other char in say either 'Dominion' or 'Oathsworn'(or even both), is both game-morale and game-match breaking.
    The map tells you exactly where the enemy zerg is at basically all times.

Rift Chaser

Its pretty obvious after a while when the whole raid moves to a target without stopping and the other side beelines from across the map w\o stopping to cap anything that they are getting good intel. I don't see any neccesary connection to multiboxing though. Guildmates cross faction would be equivalent. Or a few lazy stealth rouges same faction and good grasp of tactics would give nearly the same result.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    The map tells you exactly where the enemy zerg is at basically all times.
    That only applies if the said 'zerg' is posted at an extraction point on the map or carrying a stone in the zerg, thus all too obviously avoidable. This issue is not happening under those circumstances, but thank you for trying to add your input.
    Last edited by Frankie72; 07-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    Its pretty obvious after a while when the whole raid moves to a target without stopping and the other side beelines from across the map w\o stopping to cap anything that they are getting good intel. I don't see any neccesary connection to multiboxing though. Guildmates cross faction would be equivalent. Or a few lazy stealth rouges same faction and good grasp of tactics would give nearly the same result.
    This is true, and as strat goes, this is something that on the surface does create interest in the match when it's done from a queued member of the other team working for their team. Thus having to play said char strategically and risking themselves to accomplish that goal.

I don't like people allegedly abusing holes in the system such as guild mates or multi-boxers. Again it's choice, when I am in a situation like this I will not betray my own team to get my buddies a win. If I can't play pvp matches that have genuine quality players playing meaningful pvp properly, I have no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie72 View Post
    That only applies if the said 'zerg' is posted at an extraction point on the map or carrying a stone in the zerg, thus all too obviously avoidable. This issue is not happening under those circumstances, but thank you for trying to add your input.
    for those who play, and lead, CQ often enough, the map can tell a lot.
    sure, a single glance doesn't tell much, but constant checking of the map, such as a leader might do...you'll have a very good idea where every zerg and even a few of the gankers are at all times. you'll know where aoth just was, and where they are likely heading too, likewise for dom.

a good leader of a strong team, such as Aquafria and ABL, wont only know where the other zergs are, but will actively herd and "encourage" the other teams zergs to go where they want them to go.

this isn't to say moles don't exist (and suggesting they are multiboxers is over complicating it). often players who support one premade will find themselves on other teams, and their "allegiance" to their premade friends will cause them to feed info to their teams on other factions. not strictly necessary, not necessarily arranged to happen by the premade leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Who needs moles when you have a map and half a dozen idiots running with the stones?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Yea you dont need multiboxers when you have guys who put their premade in one faction then find other faction that doesnt have the rival premade and continues to lead those pugs against the rival faction. Often at the expense of being lambs to slaughter and ignoring the best interest of that faction without premade so that his/her premade has a better shot at winning.

But what do I know, surely nobody who would wish to be known as a CQ premade leader would ever do such a thing as lead a faction of pugs that his premade is not on in such a manner. Even if he did he certainly would never do it on multiple occassions.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Yea you dont need multiboxers when you have guys who put their premade in one faction then find other faction that doesnt have the rival premade and continues to lead those pugs against the rival faction. Often at the expense of being lambs to slaughter and ignoring the best interest of that faction without premade so that his/her premade has a better shot at winning.

But what do I know, surely nobody who would wish to be known as a CQ premade leader would ever do such a thing as lead a faction of pugs that his premade is not on in such a manner. Even if he did he certainly would never do it on multiple occassions.
    If I'm not mistaken ABL was doing that last night? But whatever, keep raging about us
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    If I'm not mistaken ABL was doing that last night? But whatever, keep raging about us
    ABL has never, and will never play that way. That statement is hilarious coming from you, i mean wow lol. The guy who is a ROD leader, but is rarely ever on the same faction as his premade. Anyway, we most certainly were only on one faction that night and it was oath if you couldnt tell by the major romping we handed out. Keep trying tho man, most already know about you and your reputation. O and before I forget is it true you started a ABL list and no longer allow those people into your raids and kick them from your channel as well?

P.S.

Can you ask your remaining ROD members to wear a bright colored cape, I want to be able to pick them out easier as they run away from me and the rest of ABL. Thanks.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    ABL has never, and will never play that way. That statement is hilarious coming from you, i mean wow lol. The guy who is a ROD leader, but is rarely ever on the same faction as his premade. Anyway, we most certainly were only on one faction that night and it was oath if you couldnt tell by the major romping we handed out. Keep trying tho man, most already know about you and your reputation. O and before I forget is it true you started a ABL list and no longer allow those people into your raids and kick them from your channel as well?

P.S.

Can you ask your remaining ROD members to wear a bright colored cape, I want to be able to pick them out easier as they run away from me and the rest of ABL. Thanks.
    No, I haven't.
    Oooo the 25 people that are left in ABL think I'm bad! I'm sooooo upset.
    .yawn, I need someone else to fight with, you just say the same boring junk over and over.....
    Where is my favorite truth trout troller when I need him?
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    No, I haven't.
    Oooo the 25 people that are left in ABL think I'm bad! I'm sooooo upset.
    .yawn, I need someone else to fight with, you just say the same boring junk over and over.....
    Where is my favorite truth trout troller when I need him?
    Only 25 and you still couldnt beat us wed night. Lol.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread