+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused about bolstering

Default Confused about bolstering

Level 53 Mage. I have 3/4 Overseers PVP equipment, the rest PVE equipment. I noticed when I go into a W/F the bolstering "Buff" overrides all my equipment. Basically no matter if its PVP or PVE, the stats stay the same, however my vengeance drops from 300 down to 110.

My question is, why is the bolstering buff overriding my PVP equipment ? What it is bolstering with ??? What is the standard ?. Obviously its not the equivalent of PVP equipment that it is replacing it with.

I was familiar with how bolstering worked at 60, but never paid that much attention to at the lower tiers, but now realize that getting PVP equipment >60 is a complete waste of time. They should remove all Pre PVP vendors. Save all your favor so you can buy a complete mercenary set, but even here, you are "Bolstered" to mercenary anyways, so perhaps its better to save for Freelancers until they "Bolster" that set too.

TRION is gone right over the top with the balancing effort at PVP. Instead of addressing the real cause which is the FOTM specs doing all the insane burst, they keep fiddling around with the equipment.

So what are you confused about?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    So what are you confused about?
    What is it replacing it with ? Overseers is being replaced with something, at least that's what the buff indicates.

The whole system is silly. Just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    What is it replacing it with ? Overseers is being replaced with something, at least that's what the buff indicates.

The whole system is silly. Just silly.
    Pre 60 stats are normalized for each bracket. Gear calculations aren't until 60.

+ Reply to Thread