+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rewards for Pro players

Default Rewards for Pro players

Would like to see bonus prestige/favor for capping flags/runes, carrying the rune, killing rune carriors. A bit like the nice reward you get in Port for capping the rune at the base.
    Might help those annoying people that think the amount of kills you have = win.
    Also, A daily for say capping 20 flags in codex or holding the rune for a total of 3 mins (adds up everytime you have it, not 3 minutes at one time)
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

God no..

I can't even manage to cap flags in codex for my damn LoW title.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Incentivizing people to play properly in a warfront is typically a necessary evil. I'd be all for it if it meant i could get freelancer marks a little quicker. I feel so bricked by the freelancer income wall.

I was going to post basically the same thing but you must extend it and balance it. A good example would be bonus valor, prestige, and maybe even for simply killing someone at a point whether attacking or defending.

Anything to get people to do the objectives. No more codex wars on the bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by iHunii View Post
    Would like to see bonus prestige/favor for capping flags/runes, carrying the rune, killing rune carriors. A bit like the nice reward you get in Port for capping the rune at the base.
    Also, A daily for say capping 20 flags in codex or holding the rune for a total of 3 mins (adds up everytime you have it, not 3 minutes at one time)

I would be all for this. There needs to be more incentive to play the game rather than just pew pew your way to a loss because you care more about the scoreboard than winning. I think killing the carriers, capping obj's, carrying vessels/fang etc, should give you bonus prestige/favor on top of your performance elsewhere.

It is ridiculous that players (CUSTOMERS) are having to beg for things like this that should already be in the game.
    Last edited by Viper482; 07-04-2013 at 07:21 AM.

And then all people will do is camp flags and mindlessly aoe them, so no one can cap.

I wish they would fix that. It's SO annoying!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

The MM's, RB's and Pyro's that go 30-0 kb's but never complete an objective or even try to would be at at disadvantage then. Not going to happen. After all, its KB's that win w/f's is it not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    The MM's, RB's and Pyro's that go 30-0 kb's but never complete an objective or even try to would be at at disadvantage then. Not going to happen. After all, its KB's that win w/f's is it not ?
    Nah getting 30-0 is more fun though

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    And then all people will do is camp flags and mindlessly aoe them, so no one can cap.

Mindless aoe means no focus fire, that player is essentially one less dps trying to focus those pretty heals of yours. Meanwhile your team can take advantage and snipe them out while they mindlessly aoe! I only aoe the flag when i know the fight is lost and i want to stop them from capping as long as possible so they wont get points, but at that point I know they will be capping in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaleek View Post
    Incentivizing people to play properly in a warfront is typically a necessary evil. I'd be all for it if it meant i could get freelancer marks a little quicker. I feel so bricked by the freelancer income wall.
    Hey awesome idea, and if they threw in some of the cq marks as well, I'd be so happy. Then I'd be able to get those marks AND have fun at the same time.

I agree this would be nice. Although im not sure how easily the dailies could be implemented.
    But I like the objective bonus concept. Might see people trying to score favor on the boards intaead of kbs.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post

You wish they would fix what is essentially a perfectly reasonable tactic? The game can't be that hard for you surely.

AoEing flags and capture points is a great way to disrupt the enemy but also means that person isn't doing any single target DPS. Why don't you take advantage of that fact and do more single target DPS?

Drathiel - Level 60 - Cleric - Pandemic Legion [BloodIron]
    Channel & RIFT/PvP Guides!
    My RIFT News/Gaming Blog!
    Join my STEAM Community!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    If someone is going 30-0, they are undoubtedly having a great effect on the warfront. Objectives are a very important aspect of a win, but killers are also extremely valuable.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Shield of Telara

Two words:

Warfront Power

I agree that something should be in place to promote correct game play... But marks and tokens affect progression. While i think a few extra mark quests couldn't hurt, warfront power could get the same result with less reconfiguring.

Ezuen@deepwood<godlike awesomeness>
    p80 warrior aka "the healing warrior" before it was cool

And reward the healers of said pros as well
    Esso@Necropolis
    Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast