+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: The Truth about PvP Armor Stats & Increases

The gear gap matters in 1 v 1, and it matters orders of magnitude more in groups. The OP knows this and exploits it in CQ.

This thread

1. Is a flimsy defense
    2. has bad breath
    3. makes me want to compose an eroto-haiku to myself using only the phoneme "ng."

~Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    The gear gap matters in 1 v 1, and it matters orders of magnitude more in groups. The OP knows this and exploits it in CQ.

This thread

1. Is a flimsy defense
    2. has bad breath
    3. makes me want to compose an eroto-haiku to myself using only the phoneme "ng."

~Eggs
    I will take a group in bolstered with pve gear on and still kick anyones *** I come across. Bc its the specs and how people play them that matters most. This is true for 1v1, warfronts, and CQ. Gear does not have enough of an impact to change this, which makes it insignificant. The only plase it even begins to become a area of question in the outcome is in a 1v1 duel. This is because you have about 1-2 gcds of error over the bolstered player. As you add more players that gap or advantage becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Now if you or someone else wants to keep jumping in this pretending to be billy bad butt forumn hero stating your opinions without any evidence or factual data to bck up those opinions then be my guest. At least try mot to appear childish and remain tasteful and respectful of other peoples opinions whether they differ or not to your own.

I've done my best to look into the gear gap, going over stats and reading up on game mechanics and testing stuff in game. A few others have done the same. Every test we have done so far shows that yes while there is a gap its impact is minimal not only in the math, but also when put into practice. This was done in comparing stats and results from a parse. It was also done in a video or two just showing a bolstered player taking on a r80 warfront. In both cases there was no significant disadvantage to the bolstered player.

We have even agreed to do more testing eliminating more variables and you guys are still pissing and moaning? What more do you want or would like us to do to proove the gap is not substantial enough, especially in a warfront or in CQ? Id honestly lile to hear from you what you think a fair test would be.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

It is pointless debating with you on this further because you outright ignore some sources of disparity, don't seem to understand the mathematics concerning relative growths and only use absolute values. If you want to fly in the face of hard math then be my guest; discussing logically is pointless.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    be my guest.
    Your inbox is full btw.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Your inbox is full btw.
    Not anymore; sorry! Didn't realise it was so small.

Quote Originally Posted by raen ryong View Post
    didn't realise it was so small.
    twss .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by baramos View Post
    twss .
    i was in the pool

it was cold

It is pointless debating with you on this further because you outright ignore some sources of disparity, don't seem to understand the mathematics concerning relative growths and only use absolute values. If you want to fly in the face of hard math then be my guest; discussing logically is pointless.
    What sources of disparity am i ignoring?
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

CQ power, runes, synergy crystal, warlord weapons (unless you've accounted for them now)?

I have no CQ power (or very little at best < 10%), no essences, Mercenary Weapons, and no seal. I do just fine. Small gear gap is small.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I will take a group in bolstered with pve gear on and still kick anyones *** I come across. Bc its the specs and how people play them that matters most. This is true for 1v1, warfronts, and CQ. Gear does not have enough of an impact to change this, which makes it insignificant. The only plase it even begins to become a area of question in the outcome is in a 1v1 duel. This is because you have about 1-2 gcds of error over the bolstered player. As you add more players that gap or advantage becomes increasingly irrelevant.
    You are cherry picking data from what we have discussed here in order to skew it in your favor by not referencing what the relative value is.

Previously you brought up 155dps. That doesn't sound like a lot when thrown out as a number. Many players see a big hit and think 155 isnt a lot. However, when you see a fireball doing ~1100 dps in a PvP context, 155 extra dps becomes quite a lot. It becomes significant.

20%, or whatever the current agreed figure, is always significant. It all depends on the context.

The 1-2GCDs that we arrived at, was in a <10s second time frame between 2 players Extend that time frame out to an entire warfront, which can be a time frame of >600 seconds (10 minutes) and you reach 60-120 cooldowns worth of extra damage. When put in context, how can you honestly say that it isn't significant?

No matter how you try and skew it, it all comes down to percentages. ~20% is a significant percentage, especially when averaged over a large time frame. Stop throwing out numbers which try to skew it when not referenced to an appropriate relative starting point.
    Last edited by Bizar; 07-06-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I have no CQ power (or very little at best < 10%), no essences, Mercenary Weapons, and no seal. I do just fine. Small gear gap is small.
    again not the argument. I swear this thread is so dumb. if you faced off against someone with your skill and my gear they would splatter u every time

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    again not the argument. I swear this thread is so dumb. if you faced off against someone with your skill and my gear they would splatter u every time
    Such is life.
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Such is life.
    Implying it's neither minor nor insignificant.

And the "agreed upon" figure is ~15-20% if you ignore CQ power, runes, warlord weapons, synergy crystal.

Implying it's neither minor nor insignificant.

And the "agreed upon" figure is ~15-20% if you ignore CQ power, runes, warlord weapons, synergy crystal.
    Dont worry we will do all the math and work to try an get the best indisputable results possible. No matter what they may be.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast