+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Warfront Deserter Needs To Be Revised

Soulwalker

Default Warfront Deserter Needs To Be Revised

I just wanted to say that I'm rather irritated that today I took a phone call (IRL business) and was gone a couple minutes using the phone upstairs, when I came back I not only had gotten booted from the Warfront and lost my contribution up until that point, but also have to wait 15 minutes to get back in.

I get that there needs to be some protection against AFK grinding of favor, but this struck me as being kind of ridiculous, stuff happens, and penalizing someone for it is kind of ridiculous. Warfronts shouldn't boot you if you had been fighting up until that point.

Plane Touched

There's a slippery slope here. How long should you have to play before it's "okay" to go AFK? How much should you have to had contributed? How long should you be allowed to remain AFK?

If Trion changed this, once people figured this out, they'd simply stop fighting after one minute, or two, or five.

Next time you have an interruption that is more important than your warfront, just leave immediately, and the time will begin counting down before you even come back. That way you'll get back into the game even faster.

I usually let my cat sit on my keyboard when I have phone calls in wfs.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

You won't get the deserter debuff if you soul recall out of the wf. Some people don't know this.
    Tanza
    Tanzanite@Deepwood is not a challenge to kill, don't mark her, you need a challenge.

My computer crashed because of the weather (lightning)... when I finally got back in I had the deserter debuff. "Weather is no excuse!"

You could have just left, took the deserter debuff while you took the call.

Why should the rest of your team carry you while you take a call? IMO- leave so your slot can be filled by someone who will play.

Sometimes stuff comes up for me that I have to deal with (changing my incontinent dog's diaper for example) so I just leave the WF. It's not fair for my team to have my slot taken up by me, if I can't play at that moment.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Sometimes annoying things happen...

The benefits to this system far outweigh the drawbacks. Maybe if this happened to me several times a day I would be annoyed, but it doesn't happen often. When I get DC'd for no apparent reason and see "Server Temporarily Unavailable" for the next few minutes then have the Ascended debuff when I finally get back in.... Now that is an annoyance!

The most annoying thing about it is that the vials/temp buff stuff will be useless for the next 15 minutes. Refund plox! :P

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Krumelur View Post
    The most annoying thing about it is that the vials/temp buff stuff will be useless for the next 15 minutes. Refund plox! :P
    The vials do not expire while you're logged out. Does the deserter debuff?

Sometimes life happens.....I think it far more detrimental for a person to AFK and expect there not to be some penalty than to eat a 15 minute sit out. Randoms are frustrating enough alot of times and then to add, what In most cases could just be inconsiderate players, a 15 minute penalty.

Its there for a reason...and a very valid one, in my opinion. Sadly , if you did pop a favor/prestige/exp vial, thats 15 minutes lost.......next time just soul recall out, only takes a second and you wont be penalised.

And no.....the debuff stays regardless@Fredelas
    Last edited by TedO; 06-30-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

I wouldnt mind a pause feature on a 2 hour CD. Give you 10mintes to do whatever the hell you needa doo(doo) and if you arent back you get autobooted.

Rift Chaser

I think if you can make it back into the warfront after 1m you shouldn't be punished but when you get dced and sometimes kicked instantly and you are back in like 25s and have the debuff it sucks alot.

Misun is right. The debuff may inconvenience you, but it prevented an inconvenience for all of your allies.

Soulwalker

One time on Codex we were getting spawncamped with a 500 point divide in their favor, so I announced, "Dance party at spawn!" and commenced with the dancing. I don't know why people got mad, I was CLEARLY at my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I wouldnt mind a pause feature on a 2 hour CD. Give you 10mintes to do whatever the hell you needa doo(doo) and if you arent back you get autobooted.
    with the exception of port scion, most warfronts would be over before your ten minute break was up.
    and that's 10 minutes of your team being a man down vs the opposition.

far better for both you and your team that you soul recall out. you avoid the debuff, you can re-queue as soon as your back, the cooldown is an hour or less.
    meanwhile your team gets joined by whatever random solo player is next in the queue.

keep in mind that even just two minutes is a long time in pvp.
    just ask any rogue who insists that slip away isn't OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast