+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taptap

Thread: Returning Player (after 1.5 year hiatus) Lost with PvP...

Soulwalker

Default Returning Player (after 1.5 year hiatus) Lost with PvP...

Hello,

Run down is, that I was a level 50 warrior with a mix of Sentinel and Tactician gear when I left. I come back a year and a half later and it looks like the gear progression has completely changed. I don't even see sentinel and tactician gear anymore. I only see Avengers gear, which seems is an upgrade from what I have now, but I need to go through the motions of buying all new level 50 gear?

Can anyone give me a rundown of the status of pvp gear these days, or please point me to a comprehensive guide as to how pvp works now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeximus View Post
    but I need to go through the motions of buying all new level 50 gear?
    I skipped the level 50 pvp gear on my last character. As I was leveling up, I used my excess favor on the level 60 mercenary set so I wouldn't become favor capped (300k). The mercenary set gets upgraded into the freelancer set which gets upgraded to the warlord set. None of the level 60 items require the level 50 stuff so only buy if you want to.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

Level cap is 60... try getting to that first, then worry about gear.
    \

Stat weight changes made the gear for your class the better gear. So if you were an old school warrior who used mixed leather and plate you don't want to do that anymore. Your str stat weight has changed to be best for your class.

I also recently returned but I can try to answer non class specific things (I just Rogue in PvP for now). First off, if you haven't already redone your souls if they were reset and maybe even if you did, seriously consider buying the new Storm Legion souls from the game store. Trion doesn't sell Storm Legion anymore but you can buy the souls, you don't have to have them but imo they are well worth it. There are other 3rd party ways to buy Storm Legion at lower cost than buying the souls from Trion but, well, buyer beware and all that. A lot has changed.

Your current old gear is still just fine but has had some stats adjusted. The gear you can buy with Favor is normalized now and will remain the same until your character (not Prestige Rank) gets to level 60. It will be better in some ways. But yes I think you have to get it so that when you are level 60 you can turn it in for the first of the other 3 tiers of gear that become available then. Keep in mind that you can buy a device from the Store to remove runes from your old gear now, and essences too if you want, so that you can apply the old ones you have to something else on that same toon. They are one time use, so you'd buy multiple. Valor is gone until you get to 60, but Vengeance remains. Your old synergy crystal is good for the gear you can buy so you don't have to replace it.

Since stats have changed some you will find that some stats have changed on runes, and some essences for a Focus. Spend the time to become familiar with the Store, it is the primary interface now for purchases that both do and don't involve real money. You will probably want to change some of them.

It's only marginally useful until you're rank 60, but you will want to get to Tempest Bay - which is a huge city. On your way to getting there you will end up at the Chancel of Labor in Iron Pine Peak, where there's a new portal on the ice. It doesn't matter which area you go to through that portal, you can always go to either of them at any time. One just offers more cover and the other is more open space. They do have different quests. Eventually you will get a quest that will take you to Tempest Bay.

There's a new warfront map, 2 versions of it and several others you probably will remember. You can get one chance to win a Chest each day, and that chance will stack up to 7 times if you can't play every day. You win a chest by winning a random. Winning a random warfront gives a Chest, the rewards get better as you go up in character level. For me, they started getting useful at character level 53 (I'm almost 54 now).

The old open world PvP quests you used to do for Notoriety no longer exist. Instead, something called Conquest has replaced it for getting that extra stuff that the gear vendor doesn't sell. The area is a combination of both PvP and PvE. People complain about the grind, but it basically really is necessary to do it. So grin and bare it. I haven't started doing it yet, but I know I have to.

That should give you a heads up of sorts. I hope I'm not misrepresenting anything, but if so someone will surely correct me!

Correction:
    "It's only marginally useful until you're rank 60"
    was a typo. It should read:
    "It's only marginally useful until you're level 60".

Take the time to thoroughly explore Tempest Bay when you get there.

Also, doing random warfronts always gives extra XP (if your team wins) even if there are no more Chests to obtain that day.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I skipped the level 50 pvp gear on my last character. As I was leveling up, I used my excess favor on the level 60 mercenary set so I wouldn't become favor capped (300k). The mercenary set gets upgraded into the freelancer set which gets upgraded to the warlord set. None of the level 60 items require the level 50 stuff so only buy if you want to.
    Wow, Bara, how have you been? Long time no see. Apparently according to your signature, Affinity is dead. What server are you on now? As well, are you still guilded with some of Affinity or a totally new group?

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

+ Reply to Thread