+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By aux
  • 3 Post By Eggs

Thread: Healers in pvp.

Soulwalker

Default Healers in pvp.

Why is it so hard to take down a healer in pvp. It seems like there has to be 3 plus people on one healer to take them down. Are most of their spells insta casts?

Pvp healing is based around level 60 sorry to say you will have to wait until then before you QQ

Soulwalker

not qqing. was wondering if the spells were instant cats is all.

Quote Originally Posted by iDemise View Post
    not qqing. was wondering if the spells were instant cats is all.
    In the lower levels shields are really effective and purifier has a low point instant healing ability that is rather good tat might be what you are seeing.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by iDemise View Post
    Why is it so hard to take down a healer in pvp. It seems like there has to be 3 plus people on one healer to take them down. Are most of their spells insta casts?
    If you can't even work out if your target is casting anything, yeah it's probably going to be hard to take them out.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    If you can't even work out if your target is casting anything, yeah it's probably going to be hard to take them out.
    Wiser words have never been spoken.

PvP sucks in the 40-49 bracket because of healers. Please tell me it's not this bad at 60.

Nobody dies, it's just a mess of spells going back and forth. You can't focus a healer because they heal enough to counter at least 3 other players and when you bring in multiple healers... literally nobody dies. I will also attest that there are tons of instant heals, or the instant heals in this level range are very powerful. I'm constantly looking to interrupt, but there rarely is something interruptible.

It wasn't like this in the 30-39 bracket, and I hope it truly is more balanced at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Santana IV View Post
    PvP sucks in the 40-49 bracket because of healers. Please tell me it's not this bad at 60.

Nobody dies, it's just a mess of spells going back and forth. You can't focus a healer because they heal enough to counter at least 3 other players and when you bring in multiple healers... literally nobody dies. I will also attest that there are tons of instant heals, or the instant heals in this level range are very powerful. I'm constantly looking to interrupt, but there rarely is something interruptible.

It wasn't like this in the 30-39 bracket, and I hope it truly is more balanced at 60.
    Good news everyone!

It is!

Most of the best damaging specs get their best abilities at the 58/61 point root location or require all 76 points to be truly powerful. Healing specs, especially sentinel, get some of their best abilities way before then and at the 41pt in the tree.

Healers have great survivability by design. If they didn't, nobody would play them.

It's very difficult to take down a healer in warfronts because it's never you versus just that healer-- crosshealing/stacking aoe heals is ridiculous in this game, and all healers have multiple instants.

Every healer will stand in this cross-healing and kite through their team when their health gets low, so you're also working against that.

Also, (and this is my real beef with Rift) most of the warfronts are designed around cramming as many people into a small space where they alternate between lagging a lot and mindlessly spamming aoe whateverness-- so you're also working against that.

Finally, since most pugs are ******ed, you'll also be trying to do it while some twerp is invoking cc immunity, and half of your team is chasing tanks away from objectives.

The only way to reliably kill healers in Rift is: coordinated CC and excellent target switching, which unless you're in a premade or able to clone yourself, isn't going to happen often in PUGs.

~Eggs

P.S. Which is why you shouldn't be targeting healers first anyway (assuming teams have equal or near-equal amounts of healing). You should be sniping low health targets so you win the war of attrition. If you have more heals than the other team, then by all means zerg the healers first.

~Still Eggs
    Last edited by Eggs; 06-28-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: i thot uv sumfing elss

either playing a spec that doesnt have silence or you dont have any healing reduce debuffs.

Even a full nuke assasin can kill a healer byhimself.

Im talking about level 60 pvp though.

I'm done doing war fronts tell i hit 50 because i have enough favor built up for the full 50 set and ill be lvling to 60 just doing pvp(i don't care how long it takes) healing at lower levels is completely stupid and bs and war fronts are just ranged spam being healed by 10 different healers
    I enjoy long walks on the beach, horse back riding, and stabbing people 57 times in the back while quoting cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Santana IV View Post

If you want to get the closest balance to a 50/50 win/lose or greater ratio pugging you going to have to role a healer and switch to dps when needed even at 60. I've been telling everyone this for close to a year. If you premade or have pocket healer duo queue.. your odds are way better as a dps.. You shouldn't be dpsing in 60s if you can't break 1400dps in my opinion... average. That means parsing yourself in warfronts not a dummy,.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Healers are very balanced at level 60, i'm an average rogue, and I can kill some of the best healers out there by myself. Then again, i'm a fully equipped warlord rogue, so maybe gear has something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Heals seem fine to me ^.^
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Heals are mostly fine. In fact I wouldn't complain if they were buffed by 10%.

But if they remained the same, I'm sure that I could live with it.

+ Reply to Thread