+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Warrior 61 RB or 61 Tempest?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default Warrior 61 RB or 61 Tempest?

    What are your thoughts? Which do you think is the better build, and what sub builds should be placed with them with 0 points spent?

    Any good macros for each would also be helpful to post

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Kajib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    of course 61rb/15temp/0paragon

    It has best ranged dps and best melee dps.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Gravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Clearly someone does not use the search function of the forums.... unique snowflake posts ftw.
    Griffeth@Seastone
    Twitch - Come PvP with us!

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Gamma Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I prefer 0 WL over 0 Para. The pull can be useful to get a Frost or Rift Strike up before they skitter away again, without leaping headlong into their group.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Gravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Would have to agree with Gamma on this. It really depends on your group and if you have someone else that can pull or lock down targets for you.
    Griffeth@Seastone
    Twitch - Come PvP with us!

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    RB, but don't make the mistake a lot of people make and turn your 61 RB PvE spec into your 61 RB PvP spec. Losing 5% of your DPS and picking up 50% more utility is much more useful in PvP.

    Put 1 point into Elude in Tempest so you have a second CC break ability on a 1m CD. Put your 0 point soul as Warlord so you can pull players from the front lines, reduce your over-extending habits, and keep your melee buffs/debuffs running (most importantly rift strike).

    That CC break is better than 2% more strength, and that pull is better than 3% more chance to crit in PvP.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 06-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks for the help everyone.

    If you know any good macro's for this specific build and could link it to me or just post it that would be fantastic. Yes im aware of a search feature, but every post has its own opinionated responses, so that is why i made my own topic.

    Thanks again

  8. #8
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    RB, but don't make the mistake a lot of people make and turn your 61 RB PvE spec into your 61 RB PvP spec. Losing 5% of your DPS and picking up 50% more utility is much more useful in PvP.

    Put 1 point into Elude in Tempest so you have a second CC break ability on a 1m CD. Put your 0 point soul as Warlord so you can pull players from the front lines, reduce your over-extending habits, and keep your melee buffs/debuffs running (most importantly rift strike).

    That CC break is better than 2% more strength, and that pull is better than 3% more chance to crit in PvP.
    i disagree. while playing 61rb im going for max damage. im a glass cannon not trying to live trying to kill as fast as possible. 2% strength and 3% crit are pretty big. i dont need elude because i try not to over extend and the pull is nice but with no root i dont think its worth it besides for farming bg. i use the exact pve spec(different rotation and key binds).

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i disagree. while playing 61rb im going for max damage. im a glass cannon not trying to live trying to kill as fast as possible. 2% strength and 3% crit are pretty big. i dont need elude because i try not to over extend and the pull is nice but with no root i dont think its worth it besides for farming bg. i use the exact pve spec(different rotation and key binds).
    See, this makes no sense. You realize how insignificant 2% strength is in PvP gear? At most you're rocking 1000 or so Strength. 2% of 1000 Strength is 20 Strength. That's 15 Attack Power, or the equivalent of less than 1% more DPS. 3% chance to crit is somewhat more meaningful in PvP as burst is king, and crits are burst. The problem is that the 3% chance to crit is not only purgeable, but very tiny.

    I would trade 3% chance to crit for a more consistent up-time of +25% damage to all elemental attacks, and just time my Sergeant's Order pulls to synch up with my Rift Strike CD. If you cannot hit a player with Rift Strike after pulling them with Sergeant's Order you need to stop keyboard turning. The pull with forward momentum will almost always allow you to land a single melee attack unless that player has amazing twitch skills and uses a teleport immediately after being pulled (or during the pull).

    Frankly, this kind of advice is bad. Having a second CC break to mitigate the PvP warrior's biggest handicap since they are the class with the weakest CC break abilities at this time -- is FAR superior to +15 attack power in PvP.

    I can't believe the sheer number of fail players I see who fail to use Elude in PvP and rely solely on their one and only global CC breaker (Break Free). Plus, it gives you another teleport type ability that can be used to create distance or close distance.

    Glass Cannons do less damage while crowd controlled.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 06-28-2013 at 12:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    See, this makes no sense. You realize how insignificant 2% strength is in PvP gear? At most you're rocking 1000 or so Strength. 2% of 1000 Strength is 20 Strength. That's 15 Attack Power, or the equivalent of less than 1% more DPS. 3% chance to crit is somewhat more meaningful in PvP as burst is king, and crits are burst. The problem is that the 3% chance to crit is not only purgeable, but very tiny.

    I would trade 3% chance to crit for a more consistent up-time of +25% damage to all elemental attacks, and just time my Sergeant's Order pulls to synch up with my Rift Strike CD. If you cannot hit a player with Rift Strike after pulling them with Sergeant's Order you need to stop keyboard turning. The pull with forward momentum will almost always allow you to land a single melee attack unless that player has amazing twitch skills and uses a teleport immediately after being pulled (or during the pull).

    Frankly, this kind of advice is bad. Having a second CC break to mitigate the PvP warrior's biggest handicap since they are the class with the weakest CC break abilities at this time -- is FAR superior to +15 attack power in PvP.
    agree to disagree, i have a lot more strength with full pa and full wl gear along with bis runes. strength adds crit, and in this spec its all about burst. an extra break free with a min cd though nice is not worth it IMO in a full glass cannon spec. i save my break free for out sh** moments then use both teleports and im usually home free since i dont like to over extend.

    as far as pulling goes a good player doesnt let me get a melee attack off (no i dont key board turn thanks for the back hand insult, whats you're warriors name again?) 1.5 secs is more then enough time to move out of melee. if i cant get in melee, i will port to a player use rift strike/frost strike then port my *** out if im getting focused. also with a 20m range and having it very rarely port the player all the way to melee range i find the pull ot be extremely overrated. if it worked like rift summon then i would agree it would be worth it.

    i just feel as a full glass cannon spec you should spec into max damage. without heals u are dead anyways so why spec into an extra break free?? people that spec into the extra range damage just dont make sense to me. PVE build to me is the best for burst and sustained damage which is all i want to do as 61rb. people should learn to stay los and not over extend, then they wont need elude.
    Last edited by dday; 06-28-2013 at 12:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i have a lot more strength with full pa and full wl gear along with bis runes. strength adds crit, and in this spec its all about burst. an extra break free with a min cd though nice is not worth it IMO in a full glass cannon spec.
    You're honestly trying to tell the PvP community and this new player that +2% strength is greater than an extra CC break on a 60 second CD. Just how much strength are you rocking? Is it over 9000?

    2% STR > Immune to CCs

    In PvP... This is what you're explaining.

    Your arguments about the pull seem very weak as I know for a fact that travel time of Sergeant's Order is nearly enough time for the GCD to wear off. Keeping Rift Strike up is very easy to do while having Sergeant's Order in your arsenal...
    Last edited by Patchkid; 06-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Is it over 9000?
    Vegeta would be impressed.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  13. #13
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    You're honestly trying to tell the PvP community and this new player that +2% strength is greater than an extra CC break on a 60 second CD. Just how much strength are you rocking? Is it over 9000?

    2% STR > Immune to CCs

    In PvP... This is what you're explaining.

    Your arguments about the pull seem very weak as I know for a fact that travel time of Sergeant's Order is nearly enough time for the GCD to wear off. Keeping Rift Strike up is very easy to do while having Sergeant's Order in your arsenal...
    again man we arent going to agree, my play style favors max damage. i think your way is perfectly fine but both ways are viable depending how you play. the difference is small either way. i prefer the extra crit from both the paragon ability and 2% strength. can i say for a fact that it is better? no obvisouly i cant but i like it better and i do very well with it. i also play with a healer a lot or stay range if i solo que. i dont get in many situations where i need break free and elude. Id rather SP then pull for the most part and i pretty much keep rift strike up at all times while i play. no need to get get vile like most on these forums its a simple debate

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    I dislike extremely flawed logic in a thread asking for advice. Don't give new players bad advice.

    You're just being stubborn, and you know it. I'll give you a scenario:

    Pyro - Stuns you... boom break free, and you can continue to attack for the next 5 seconds. They ROOT you, unbreakable for 8 seconds (can't even be cleansed), and now you're trapped while they either escape or simply out-range the majority of your damage. If only you had that second CC breaker...

    Harb charges in and stuns you... boom break free, and you can continue to attack for the next 5 seconds. They use their UBER stun and lock you down for the next 5 seconds while decimating you with melee attacks. If only you had a second CC breaker...

    My friend, that 2% extra strength is not "max DPS" in PvP. It's a hindrance when you could be avoiding CCs that will stop your DPS completely. Your extra 15-30 AP and 15-30 crit chance (less than 1%) isn't going to kill anyone faster than being able to consistently stay active and attacking despite whatever CC they can throw your direction.

    Take the 10 seconds and 1p to respec and give it a shot. You'll not miss 2% strength. Your damage numbers will not change at all. Literally, you will not notice a difference at all.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 06-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    I dislike extremely flawed logic in a thread asking for advice. Don't give new players bad advice.

    You're just being stubborn, and you know it. I'll give you a scenario:

    Pyro - Stuns you... boom break free, and you can continue to attack for the next 5 seconds. They ROOT you, unbreakable for 8 seconds (can't even be cleansed), and now you're trapped while they either escape or simply out-range the majority of your damage. If only you had that second CC breaker...

    Harb charges in and stuns you... boom break free, and you can continue to attack for the next 5 seconds. They use their UBER stun and lock you down for the next 5 seconds while decimating you with melee attacks. If only you had a second CC breaker...

    My friend, that 2% extra strength is not "max DPS" in PvP. It's a hindrance when you could be avoiding CCs that will stop your DPS completely. Your extra 15-30 AP and 15-30 crit chance (less than 1%) isn't going to kill anyone faster than being able to consistently stay active and attacking despite whatever CC they can throw your direction.

    Take the 10 seconds and 1p to respec and give it a shot. You'll not miss 2% strength. Your damage numbers will not change at all. Literally, you will not notice a difference at all.
    sorry man disagree. my numbers are affected. those are all great scenarios but there's also the counter where you don't get a crit and a player gets off an extra attack or a heal. I try and kill a player as fast as possible and keep the most pressure on a target. I don't attack Pyros unless healers are dead or they over extend in which case they are easy kill anyways. like I said I don't think either one is better but both viable depending on how you play. take into a fact that I roll with a healer a lot so I try to stay on target and do the most damage possible which is why I play my build

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts