+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TedO

Thread: Cluster 2 Premade PvP

Default Cluster 2 Premade PvP

So we moved to the new cluster and after having spent some time here, it's not too bad - that being said the PvP community is admittedly a bit less active here.

I know there's a few 5-man Groups out there as we've ran into some of them just queueing, and i'm just curious if people are interested in setting up actual 5v5's, or any form of premade on premade PvP.

So yeah if anyone on Cluster 2 is interested, i'd be delighted to help set up a 5v5 channel and try to make it active, alternatively we could just Exchange tells, you may find me at Micshaz@Necropolis - i realize i won't be sending many tells to Guardians on my server but those cases could be handled through PM's i suppose

I'm also not opposed to doing larger fights in conquest but we ignore PvE and headhunt for the PvP; if this sounds like a good time to you - send me a message with your Group size and i'll try to match it and we can go head to head in a designated area.

If we can't match your numbers, then odds are we will go in outnumbered and try anyways #yolo

hoping for some good fights out there
    Last edited by micshaz; 06-27-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Telaran

Goodluck with organising on Cluster 2.

I've seen re-occurring names in PvP, but they're just not geared (<20k health), let's hope they're up for it when they do get better gear, otherwise form the rule of having merc geared that aren't runed for these matches?

Also no point in the Conquest idea as conquest is steamrolled by 1 premade in under 10 minutes.

Anyway, I'll be up for it, but will have to be oceanic time friendly
    [ Sim | Healgasmic | Simniel | Simbo ]
    Nefarious - #1 Oceanic Raiding Guild
    Raid Videos

Ty ty! yeah most of my Guys are fresh 60's as well or returning players from pre-storm legion, so we're all still working on gear - we could arrange some sort of condition to balance the fights a bit if need be.

i think oceanic is one time zone we can actually manage because we have a fair amount of people awake in that time - in due time i should be able to field a decent 5 man from West coast to oceanic timezones though.

I'm not too worried about conquest´i'm just kind of throwing the idea out there to see if people would be interested.

I really wish they would give 5's another outlet to compete against each other instead of pug stomping and muddying up the random wf waters.

Im currently on Necropolis Mic, and mainly solo queuein.....not sure If im gonna stick it out though, since most folks I played with in the past are back on stone......Guardians seem to be lacking in the upper levels, since I think the most I've been able to muster was 9 for a world boss against pretty much a full raid
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Quote Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
    Goodluck with organising on Cluster 2.

I've seen re-occurring names in PvP, but they're just not geared (<20k health), let's hope they're up for it when they do get better gear, otherwise form the rule of having merc geared that aren't runed for these matches?

Also no point in the Conquest idea as conquest is steamrolled by 1 premade in under 10 minutes.

Anyway, I'll be up for it, but will have to be oceanic time friendly
    Im a recent returnee myself, but even in Merc gear, I'll always rune gear...no purpose in not taking every advantage we're given, no matter how small the boost.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Quote Originally Posted by Iksander View Post
    I really wish they would give 5's another outlet to compete against each other instead of pug stomping and muddying up the random wf waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Still are zero plans for Arena in RIFT.

I just got out of a pretty exciting meeting that had excited designers, excited engineers, and excited managers regarding competitive player managed PvP.

We are looking at giving you the tools to do what you want. Where it goes from there is up to you /if/ we can deliver what we talked about.

~Daglar
    i hope 10characters

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    Im a recent returnee myself, but even in Merc gear, I'll always rune gear...no purpose in not taking every advantage we're given, no matter how small the boost.
    This is for the purpose for competitive 5v5s and to have them ASAP, not for your warfronts because I've already started to rune Sim with relics and hopefully have a full set for my alts soon therefor I'm not saying you shouldn't rune up. But who would want to absolutely own due to gear in this setting? It seemed like a good way for everyone to be balanced, even letting people with no gear come join as PvE gear get bolstered to Merc equivalent with no runes (and if you're putting consumes on PvE gear, they don't work. This goes for 50-59 pvp aswell.)
    [ Sim | Healgasmic | Simniel | Simbo ]
    Nefarious - #1 Oceanic Raiding Guild
    Raid Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
    This is for the purpose for competitive 5v5s and to have them ASAP, not for your warfronts because I've already started to rune Sim with relics and hopefully have a full set for my alts soon therefor I'm not saying you shouldn't rune up. But who would want to absolutely own due to gear in this setting? It seemed like a good way for everyone to be balanced, even letting people with no gear come join as PvE gear get bolstered to Merc equivalent with no runes (and if you're putting consumes on PvE gear, they don't work. This goes for 50-59 pvp aswell.)

Although its not gonna matter to most, I generally derived my background from 5v5 and 10v10s back since the freeholme days.....I actually was part of many PvP based guilds....it saddens me how PvErs are 'bolstered" yet we aint.....Im new again....not noobish

Anyone setting up a CQ premade for cluster 2? I know all its going to take to win some is some team play. I have an r72 rogue and r71 warrior on this cluster, vent server too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Default Cluster 2 pre made group

I currently run pre made war front and cq groups for RoD. We are a collective group of players that enjoy playing all aspects of pvp in a friendly environment. I know my fellow pvp addicts have been looking for some friendly competition so hopefully we can arrange some activities with you and your group. And you are always welcome to join activities with us. You can find me in game fluxxx@ wolfsbane. Look forward to playing with you.

The mental scarring i received from watching the video is totally unjustified.

I expect an apology.

+ Reply to Thread