+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Devs: Can the Mage cooldowns from the War PA be changed already?

Ascendant

Default Devs: Can the Mage cooldowns from the War PA be changed already?

Rift tomb and rune shield are fairly poor in comparison to the other calling's options.

Rift Tomb: Consumes charge and is effected by diminishing returns. Often this CD has a low priority compared to other skills or combinations of other skills, ie squirrel, stuns, knockbacks, etc. It feels like a waste of charge and is only used when there are no other options.

Rune Shield: pretty much consumes all available charge and gives a 25% damage reduction for the next 5 hits. I may be mistaken, but dots seem to consume this, along with all the meaningless splash damage from AE attacks. The charges of Rune Shield seem to get used up in an instant and provide no meaningful change to bad situations. Planar Shield from the harb tree is superior by far.

Even separating these cooldowns from the charge mechanic would be great.

Default You make some great points

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Rift tomb and rune shield are fairly poor in comparison to the other calling's options.

Rift Tomb: Consumes charge and is effected by diminishing returns. Often this CD has a low priority compared to other skills or combinations of other skills, ie squirrel, stuns, knockbacks, etc. It feels like a waste of charge and is only used when there are no other options.

Rune Shield: pretty much consumes all available charge and gives a 25% damage reduction for the next 5 hits. I may be mistaken, but dots seem to consume this, along with all the meaningless splash damage from AE attacks. The charges of Rune Shield seem to get used up in an instant and provide no meaningful change to bad situations. Planar Shield from the harb tree is superior by far.

Even separating these cooldowns from the charge mechanic would be great.
    I'm all for this, but why, for the love of all furry things and runway strips do I have to see 1-5% remaining Health people getting WTF RIFT TOMBED in warfronts???

I see this at least once every other match. Please stop. It's impacting my KB's. And no logic can support this type of behavior, never!!!

/so mad at ur pvp abilities
    Last edited by Horsesock; 06-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    I'm all for this, but why, for the love of all furry things and runway strips do I have to see 1-5% remaining Health people getting WTF RIFT TOMBED in warfronts???

I see this at least once every other match. Please stop. It's impacting my KB's. And no logic can support this type of behavior, never!!!

/so mad at ur pvp abilities
    Just be glad it has a long CD. I remember the ol bard/riftstalker rift prison trolling, horrible, horrible people they were.

Rift Tomb is amazingly good.

Rune Shield... well every class gets one bad WAR PA ability except warriors.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post

Lol, Trion's trolling...

Still the DR thing is annoying and needing a third resource for our CD's
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 06-25-2013 at 03:32 AM.

I've blown break free on a stun then eaten a full rift tomb way, way too many times. At least it gives me plenty of time to reflect on my own stupidity, stretch my legs and grab a beer.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

all the rogues ones are pretty good

The cleric ones would be a lot better if Retribution didn't have a ****ing cast time.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    The cleric ones would be a lot better if Retribution didn't have a ****ing cast time.
    You can make it instant cast with TTL..but yeah it's lame and not really worth using a valuable spell like that on it.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    You can make it instant cast with TTL..but yeah it's lame and not really worth using a valuable spell like that on it.
    Very much so. I could see it being useful for self preservation if there were some target getting massive amounts of heals, but that's a pretty edge-case. :[
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

yeah mage pa skills suck. I used to love stealth detection. I want that skill back. Clerics used yo have that ability ppreventing ppl from going into stealth.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

I want my Phase Shift back.

I want my snare back so I am not forced to use Tempest.
    Griffeth@Seastone
    Twitch - Come PvP with us!

Both warrior PA abilities fill such are small niche, there is almost no need to put them on your action bar unless you are playing a tank (Guard.)

Mage - Crowd Control =vs= Warrior - Interrupt

Mage - Absorb Shield so Mage can Survive =vs= Warrior - Absorb shield so Mage can survive (ok, Cleric too)
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    all the rogues ones are pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Anathema/Retribution are roughly equivalent to Rune Shield. Not particularly great and useless in a lot of situations.

Overload is blatantly worse than Cleanse Soul though. Cleanse Soul is only challenged by Thunderous Leap in usefulness but it's hard to compare them due to how different they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    Both warrior PA abilities fill such are small niche, there is almost no need to put them on your action bar unless you are playing a tank (Guard.)

Mage - Crowd Control =vs= Warrior - Interrupt

Mage - Absorb Shield so Mage can Survive =vs= Warrior - Absorb shield so Mage can survive (ok, Cleric too)
    Thunderous leap is simply amazing. Guard is incredibly useful.

If you aren't using both of these as a warrior you are not playing warrior correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast