+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How to increase the diversity of builds in PvP. One simple step.

Ascendant

For a fair while after the release of SL mages were in a very bad spot. There were a few exploit specs that sprung up and were pounced on by Trion. Once they were done our only DPS option was harb and that was in an environment where it could be killed in a couple of seconds. Lock was great in PvE, but if you once played PvP a lot you would understand the issues with lock in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    I've always hated pyro, which is why I didn't come back as a mage. SC/lock and 51 lock (before the buffs) were my favorites. 51 SC after the buffs were the most fun I had in this game. Apparently both SC and Warlock are no longer PvP viable, good stuff.
    Yeah, lot of builds become non-viable with SL or shortly before it. I hear they're currently working on getting synergy back in place though, so maybe we'll see more viability soon.

Champion of Telara

Sounds like I cashed out on my mage at just the right time then!

I guess I'll just ... hope Trion can sort this out.
    I guess you're new?

"Got lag? We're on it!"

~Eggs

Sword of Telara

an easy fix for this would be to leave dmg for everything alone but make a system where certain souls recieve a bonus to healing taken. for every 5 points spent in a pure melee dps tree increase healing by 1% or a tank tree increse healing recieved by 1.5%. for 30m ranged souls decrease healing recieved by 1% every 5 points spent into the tree. for 20m range soul specs like nb and rb just keep it flat with no reductions or increases.
    Last edited by Ehxon; 06-25-2013 at 05:40 AM.

remove the gifts that limit soul pairings. Improve low level tank investments. nerf low level range attacks. dont touch healing and give better self heals to melee. give melee snares and other abilities. the main problem right now is melee does about the same or slightly more damage then the fotm range specs. this would be fine if they could actually stay in melee. they need to make all melee more stable in melee and the best way to do that is bringing back hybirds that can actually do something. a hybrid with 30k plus health should do the same damage as a full range dps soul. this would bring back melee and promote more people to actually do it. now if they do this SP would have to eat a major nerf. my suggestion would actually to not nerf and and put a 4 sec cd on it(then have 16points in remove cd).

again none of this will happen because of pve implications but i dont care anymore my mage is almost rank 50. soon my plate mage will be for raiding only.

Rift Disciple

I suggested healing be toned down just as much. All this would do is bring some melee back into this game, surely I can't be the only one who sees how ridiculous it is that everyone is ranged, simply because the damage is on par and in many cases exceeds melee while lacking the risk factor of being in melee.
    Actually healing has always been OP. Unless your side had a dominator. But now with the incombat mana regen abilities dominators main two abilities(traitors and mass betrayal) have been made pretty much useless.

My proposal is to make those abilities out of combat use only. Or not usable in pvp.

A better change is to revert traitors back to its original form, and both it and mass betrayal need to scale better and do % damage to mana and slow its regeneration. I say this because one is 30s cd, the other is a 2 min cd that unlike everyone elses 51 pt abilities and cds is lackluster. The reason for the 2 minute CD is originally it was REALLY powerful, however now NO ONE dies and healers simply channel mana right back. Essentially its useless besides causing a slowdown in dps.

Another change would be to make transference to slow regeneration by 100% for 5s. Rogues essentially are immune to this and mana drain because their energy regens way too fast. Warriors are fine. And like MB and TI, mana drain needs to do a % damage to mana, not a damage amount.

Sounds OP but whens the last time you saw anything but a chloro or pyro in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    lol goodbye mage pvp!

Do people even think before they post?
    Nope, they sure dont.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Just remove the dps and hps mods in the gifts and have ability ranks limited/increased by points spent in soul and tweak as needed. Fixed.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Rift Chaser

They could always bring back patch 1.7 where pvp was at its prime and hybrid builds were spectacular.

Healing is already reduced by 55% in pvp.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Healing is already reduced by 55% in pvp.
    healing is fine, melee is not. trying to play melee without dedicated heals is impossible on most maps unless you have slip away. to me slip away is also the worst thing in the game so no i dont think other melee should get it.

classes shouldnt have to rely on a pocket healer to play melee, and to not make melee crazy OP you need to just increase their survivabilty and take away thier range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3