+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daglar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Could this be the end of warfront ties?!!!

Rift Chaser

Default Could this be the end of warfront ties?!!!

How do you take a close warfront match with intense fighting back and forth till the last second and then hear the Debbie Downer noise? A TIE !
    http://youtu.be/IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Will Domination: Karthan Ridge be the end of warfront ties? I don't care which way we play Karthan's map, as long as it doesn't end in the truly uneventful way. Even a virtual flip of a coin appearing on the screen at the end of a tie to allow one side to win and the other lose is better than a tie.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    How do you take a close warfront match with intense fighting back and forth till the last second and then hear the Debbie Downer noise? A TIE !
    http://youtu.be/IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Will Domination: Karthan Ridge be the end of warfront ties? I don't care which way we play Karthan's map, as long as it doesn't end in the truly uneventful way. Even a virtual flip of a coin appearing on the screen at the end of a tie to allow one side to win and the other lose is better than a tie.
    Don't tie? (Yes that was sarcasm folks.)

Ties are here to stay. (Serious part read as if a small kitten is saying it.)

~Daglar

I don't really mind Ties xD I was merc'd over to the guardians last night during Karthan Ridge Dom, and the battle was so fierce from both sides it could've been a tie if one more member of the defiant's team got killed. Would've been satisfied with that tie.
    Eithel - 65 Rogue - Faeblight
    Hinokage - Eventual 65 Mage - Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Why want a warfront to be able to end in a tie instead of scoring it in such a way for there to be a winner? I can't see a reason for such an anticlimactic outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    Why want a warfront to be able to end in a tie instead of scoring it in such a way for there to be a winner? I can't see a reason for such an anticlimactic outcome.
    Because it's fun 0.o

Play aggressively and there will be no tie, and you usually win?
    Griffeth@Seastone
    Twitch - Come PvP with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    Play aggressively and there will be no tie, and you usually win?
    or reward aggressiveness and add a tie breaker like team kills

Normally I try to go open collar, but on days I must wear a tie, I want to wear a WF tie!

Where can I get me a WF tie? Im thinking a CQ themed one with the pattern from the sky might be cool.

thx info
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

XD You can purchase your lovely, decorative WF tie by PvPing in a situation where teams are just about equal in strength and skill. Unfortunately, it costs your Reward Box, 3 plat, and the bonus prestige/favor. But the point is -- you had FUN!

wouldnt want ties to go away either. i rather have a tie in any warfront and having had an amazing battle, and knowing that no one get rewarded. i'd rather see that then half the participants getting rewarded becouse RNG dicided it and i'm sitting in the corner crying and raging and baning my head on the wall WWHHHYYYYYYYYY
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

+ Reply to Thread