+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: RanDoms WILL ruin this game

Mei

Default RanDoms WILL ruin this game

Regular players cannot win with random PuGs which make all competition impossible and thus all the fun out of PVPing. You want us regulars to stick around then you will have to do something about the random PuGs. There is absolutely no enjoyment in entering a warfront and having a team repeatedly run you over simply because my teammates have some mental handicap and chase tanks into enemy raids.

I personally do not get random PuGs. 'No real skill required...just make sure you're in dungeon gear and can tunnel marked players. Don't worry you wont be any less useful if you die, you can't attack anyone properly anyway! wahooo!' Seriously? Thats fun?
    I much prefer actually fighting and winning because I am a better player or losing when I am not (which is never).

As for those of you that are apart of the random queue, enjoy it now because I'm sure I am not the only regular pvper that isnt going to stick around much longer if this doesn't get fixed. Who are you going to get rolled by when there aren't any of us left? You will ruin it for yourselves as well.

Perhaps adjusting the queue to where when a random group can only fight against another random group and if there are none available, too bad... queue in a premade or duo like everyone else does! That way they can still random queue if another is available or if not, its still fair for EVERYONE else.

Thats my 2 cents for what its worth..though I do hope its at least worth enough to get this issue resolved for us all.
    I do love Rift and would hate to have to move on.
    Fluent

Yeah, those PuGs always ruin the fun! I'm glad you made this post, Mei, as this affront to my pvp experience was approaching critical mass.

Hopefully Trion hears us out on this issue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Regular players cannot win with random PuGs which make all competition impossible and thus all the fun out of PVPing. You want us regulars to stick around then you will have to do something about the random PuGs. There is absolutely no enjoyment in entering a warfront and having a team repeatedly run you over simply because my teammates have some mental handicap and chase tanks into enemy raids.

I personally do not get random PuGs. 'No real skill required...just make sure you're in dungeon gear and can tunnel marked players. Don't worry you wont be any less useful if you die, you can't attack anyone properly anyway! wahooo!' Seriously? Thats fun?
    I much prefer actually fighting and winning because I am a better player or losing when I am not (which is never).

As for those of you that are apart of the random queue, enjoy it now because I'm sure I am not the only regular pvper that isnt going to stick around much longer if this doesn't get fixed. Who are you going to get rolled by when there aren't any of us left? You will ruin it for yourselves as well.

Perhaps adjusting the queue to where when a random group can only fight against another random group and if there are none available, too bad... queue in a premade or duo like everyone else does! That way they can still random queue if another is available or if not, its still fair for EVERYONE else.

Thats my 2 cents for what its worth..though I do hope its at least worth enough to get this issue resolved for us all.
    I do love Rift and would hate to have to move on.
    Why are you so intelligible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hate doms. And half the pugs I see tbh.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

as a solo warfront hero i would like to also share with you respectable peoples of the internet, that i also hate pugs

I deem your opinion at least 50 cents worth.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    WORDS AND LIES
    Shut your mouth! We all know you LOVE our sweet and bitter tears! Our cries are mother's milk to you and you know it!
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

Random pugs and a certain element of chance to the game. Whining to developers in an attempt to control every variable you can in the vain endeavor to assure your victories is just as offensive to me as someone that pitches a hairy fit over how pre-mades are going to ruin the game, and that if nothing is done, you're going to take your toys and go home.

Well, go the **** home.

As an aside, the option to play specifically against pre-mades (if it were an option that could be checked on and off) is not a bad idea in and of itself. In fact, it adds choice, which I am all for: the addition of choice! Not taking **** away!

Even though I feel that you are just another "Wendy Whiner" that can't adapt and are both a poor loser and a poor sport, I can fully get behind the idea of a toggled option that allows for pre-made to fight ONLY against pre-mades..... but I will take that idea a step further in saying that they ALSO have a toggled option that allows PuGs to play ONLY against PuGs.

That way, both of these whiny-assed threads can die the death they deserve, the developers get a useful idea that doesn't alienate anybody, and we can all go on our merry ways and get back to kicking the **** out of each other instead of crying and forum lobbying.
    Last edited by Mortavius; 06-17-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

AE's are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortavius View Post
    Random pugs and a certain element of chance to the game. Whining to developers in an attempt to control every variable you can in the vain endeavor to assure your victories is just as offensive to me as someone that pitches a hairy fit over how pre-mades are going to ruin the game, and that if nothing is done, you're going to take your toys and go home.

Well, go the **** home.

As an aside, the option to play specifically against pre-mades (if it were an option that could be checked on and off) is not a bad idea in and of itself. In fact, it adds choice, which I am all for: the addition of choice! Not taking **** away!

Even though I feel that you are just another "Wendy Whiner" that can't adapt and are both a poor loser and a poor sport, I can fully get behind the idea of a toggled option that allows for pre-made to fight ONLY against pre-mades..... but I will take that idea a step further in saying that they ALSO have a toggled option that allows PuGs to play ONLY against PuGs.

That way, both of these whiny-assed threads can die the death they deserve, the developers get a useful idea that doesn't alienate anybody, and we can all go on our merry ways and get back to kicking the **** out of each other instead of crying and forum lobbying.
    ahhhh once again we fall back to rated competition, why am I not surprised.....

Overgeared bads cannot win with random PuGs which makes me sad becuase I really should be able to carry them. When I can't steamroll PuGs with a fully geared premade like I do in CQ, it takes all the fun out of PVPing. You want me to stick around, then please give me something easier to play than temp/rb, so I can keep pew pewing while trolling the whole wf with my barely literate, monosyllabic memespeak.

Something about the random PuGs is that they're all random and if I solo queue I am random too. I am overgeared tho, so I am entitled to something (not just hugs).There is absolutely no enjoyment in entering a warfront and having a team repeatedly run you over simply because my teammates have some mental handicap and chase tanks into enemy raids, unless the other team is doing it. Then it's funny. But OMG I am so mad now. bro. I am entitled to something more.

I personally do not get people who play hard classes, for me it's 'No real skill required...just make sure you're against people in dungeon gear and who tunnel marked players. One guy told me "Don't worry you wont be any less useful if you die, you can't attack anyone properly anyway!" When I have 3 sents to hump, I kill no problem- what a nerd.

Seriously, thats fun!

I much prefer winning. I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.

I'm so angry I'm going to make even less sense for another paragraph. Check this out: As for those of you that are apart of the random queue, enjoy it now because I'm sure I am not the only regular pvper that isnt going to stick around much longer if this doesn't get fixed. Who are you going to get rolled by when there aren't any of us left? You will ruin it for yourselves as well. Would someone please love me?

Can you tell I'm 16 if I write nonesense like this: "Perhaps adjusting the queue to where when a random group can only fight against another random group and if there are none available, too bad... " wait that describes my situation queuing solo. Uh... maybe I should only queue in a premade or duo like everyone else does! That way they can still random queue if another is available or if not, its still fair for EVERYONE else (which means:

I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer whining.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.I much prefer winning.

Thats my 2 cents for what its worth..though I do hope its at least worth enough to get this issue resolved for me because I much prefer winning.

I do love Rift and, even though I've only been back for a few days, I would hate to have to move on.

P.S. I much prefer winning.

Eggs>Yoked

almost tempted to complaint generator

LOL @ Eggs!!!

Excellent Sarcasm man! Probably lost on some of the folks reading it, but that post was just full of win!!!

AE's are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Mortavius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    I have some bad news for you two.

Hint: My OP came after a thread with a similar title, has very similar wording and has 10 likes, as opposed to the earlier one's 1 like.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-17-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Fluent

So are you complaining about "bads" or are you complaining about the mix of premade Warfront groups and pugs.

I can't tell.

If you are complaining about "bads", then quit MMOs. "Bads" are all around. I am a "Bad". Well what do you do about "Bads"? You tell them (nicely) what to do. "Flank left, kill 1!" If you want to scream at them then you can join the rest of Seastone on my ignore list.
    Another one bites the dust.

If you are complaining about premades vs pugs, well, not everyone can do premades. My guild is a PvE guild so very few of us PvP, so premades are rare if even possible. And if you want a seperate queue function, then well, its just not possible. Due to the new clusters, Warfront queues are already slow enough. Trion doesn't want to ruin it for the rest of us just because a few want segregated queues, as if you were better then anyone else.

Everyone's throwing in their two cents, and there's mine.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast