+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A Message to Bill Fisher & Simon Ffinch from a PvP Player

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Very passionately written.

Still no plans for Arena's folks.

~Daglar

Wouldn't it be cool if we were the captains of our own ship?

If we could set up fights, in our own maps (dimensions) and give out our own rewards (items from the cash shop)

It would sort of be like arenas, but we would control it. Folks could build really kickass dimensions, just made for fighting..and it would give them a chance to show them off.

Every week it could be hosted in a different dimension. It would make a bigger market for crafted dimensions items as well as get people to buy more dimension stuff off the cash shop (not to mention the rewards that would be purchased)

We could even make a website with a kind of "ranking" on it. Different "leagues" and the teams that are in each league.

I think it would be really fun!

PS- the possibilities are endless...there could be underwater fights (boggling dimension) etc.
    Last edited by Misun; 06-17-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    the devs really need to change the rift logo on the PVP forums to a WE SAID NO ARENAS logo

then maybe these threads would go away
    no they wouldn't, people care a lot about this game, and they want to help move it in the right direction *cough cough*

Not that I'm really for Arenas but here's a crazy thought.

What if, they just added Arenas for those that feel like doing them, and then "here we go", don't balance around it.

There's already is and will always be a "meta" and unbalance/QQ so I don't see why not.

Probably just a matter of wasting time/money on content that few will probably bother with, depending on the balance (like if literally only 1 comp was viable, no one would bother).

Or in the spirit of player held tournaments and what not, you could just let people "craft" arenas with Dimensions and have pvp modes for it. Nothing to lose there. /shrug

Not that I'm really for Arenas but here's a crazy thought.

What if they just added Arenas for those that feel like doing them, and then, here we go, don't balance around it.

There's already is and will always be a "meta" and unbalance/QQ so I don't see why not.

Probably just a matter of wasting time/money on content that few will probably bother with, depending on the balance (like if literally only 1 comp was viable, no one would bother).

Or in the spirit of player held tournaments and what not, you could just let people "craft" arenas with Dimensions and have a pvp mode for it. Nothing to lose there. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if we were the captains of our own ship?

If we could set up fights, in our own maps (dimensions) and give out our own rewards (items from the cash shop)

It would sort of be like arenas, but we would control it. Folks could build really kickass dimensions, just made for fighting..and it would give them a chance to show them off.

Every week it could be hosted in a different dimension. It would make a bigger market for crafted dimensions items as well as get people to buy more dimension stuff off the cash shop (not to mention the rewards that would be purchased)

We could even make a website with a kind of "ranking" on it. Different "leagues" and the teams that are in each league.

I think it would be really fun!

PS- the possibilities are endless...there could be underwater fights (boggling dimension) etc.
    Yeah this lol. Dimensions are brilliant, would be cool if it eventually went the way of a "Foundry" like Neverwinter Online has. Player created content ftw.
    Last edited by Drynaut; 06-17-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKhaled View Post
    Imagine how many players will join/play RIFT if you make Arenas.
    The problem is they've done this, and what they've concluded is probably roughly: About 1/5 as many as would leave.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    The problem is they've done this, and what they've concluded is probably roughly: About 1/5 as many as would leave.
    How does that make any flippin sense?

Was the Arena's mandatory to progress?

Soulwalker

Come on people!! Don't you think the PvP need something to spice it up a little?

I am not complaining about combat system or maps etc. Just make some kind of "tournament" or "guild vs guild", i don't care about the number...... just make it more visible and competitive. (I really don't care if it is an Arena with its current definition)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKhaled View Post
    Come on people!! Don't you think the PvP need something to spice it up a little?

I am not complaining about combat system or maps etc. Just make some kind of "tournament" or "guild vs guild", i don't care about the number...... just make it more visible and competitive. (I really don't care if it is an Arena with its current definition)
    NO ARENA'S!!!! Yes world pvp daily's again and grp vs grp duels things like that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Hulk Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Purplehazy View Post
    NO ARENA'S!!!! Yes world pvp daily's again and grp vs grp duels things like that is fine.
    grp vs grp duels is arena style combat.....but yes no arenas???

THINK ABOUT IT

your 4 friends and my 4 friends now, outside Mcdonald's parking lot........

I kick your ***, My team number #1, your Team #2.

I don't really see why they can't just give an optional little area for people to set up a 5v5 if they wanted to.

Saying no to arenas because it will show imbalance is like saying no to dueling for the same reason, silly IMO.

Just let people play it and state clearly that you balance for 10v10+.

.... no idea why I can't edit/delete my double post earlier lol.
    Last edited by Drynaut; 06-17-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Can we call it something different then, maybe cage match? I want to be Hulk Hogan

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Famouss View Post
    grp vs grp duels is arena style combat.....but yes no arenas???

THINK ABOUT IT

your 4 friends and my 4 friends now, outside Mcdonald's parking lot........

I kick your ***, My team number #1, your Team #2.

Your right about grp duel being arena style not thinking right my bad. lol :P , but either way still Trion don't put arena's in this game does not need them. Now I do know I like to see more world pvp type objectives and sure many others would too. Like to see a new Conquest that be nice also

Quote Originally Posted by Famouss View Post
    How does that make any flippin sense?

Was the Arena's mandatory to progress?
    Historically, arenas have resulted in catastrophic failures of other forms of PvP, because the rated arenas require careful balancing, and unrated arenas aren't actually interesting.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast