+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Going into the office for a while on my day off soon... which would you rather have

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #166
    Rift Team

Hooking up to the Queue properly isn't playing nice. I'll have to have an engineer take a look tomorrow if there is any spare time and help determine why it isn't working.

That is it for today folks.

~Daglar

My vote is for B.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexs View Post
    I think it's just a waste of time trying to talk to this developer about doing siege castles like in DAOC or GW2. He would rather spend his time typing in Huttese.
    Uhh..he has spent all day on his day off, talking to us, implementing this great idea for pvp he has..

You know, stuff that people in the pvp community have been asking for- new warfront and attention to pvp.

I guess he shouldn't try and relax and be funny with the Huttese thing, I guess he's supposed to be a hardass all the time.

gimme a break, he's trying.
    Last edited by Misun; 06-16-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

I think it's just a waste of time trying to talk to this developer about doing siege castles like in DAOC or GW2. He would rather spend his time typing in Huttese.
    if you actually translated it, it was a joke. Lighten up buddy. He did these warfronts for us (two no less) on his day off. Will they do something on the scale of DAOC. Probably not, but look what they did with Dimensions. People asked for player housing, we never thought it would happen and not only did we get it but we got a incredibly robust system that is probably one of the best out of any MMO on the market. With all the games coming out having some sort of DAOC style pvp, I wouldn't be shocked if eventually Trion does it. Like player housing though, its a premier feature, its not something you can do in a week or even a month.

I think a good siege keep map (wether it be semi persistant or persistant) could be the world pvp equivalent of dimensions. They could periodically add new types of siege weaponry, upgrades to fort walls, fortifications, armnaments, pvp dungeons. There is a lot of opportunity for "world building" with such a feature but people need to be patient. Keep in mind that prior to this year no game on the current market was doing anything remotely like it. And now suddenly we have GW2 with it and TESO with Cyrodil as well as pvp focused MMO's like Camelot Unchained.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-16-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

In the past few hours this devolper has shown more intrest in pvp then any dev has in the history of rift.

Just because he didnt acomidate you, your salty lol.

You cant create a seigable castle in a day and have it ready for the next hotfix.. lets be reasonable here.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Gonna vote for D. Seems the best choise for my playstyle ;P

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #172
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hooking up to the Queue properly isn't playing nice. I'll have to have an engineer take a look tomorrow if there is any spare time and help determine why it isn't working.
    Actually looks like I was just dumb. Fixed and in the queue.

~Daglar

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

~Daglar
    In my capacity as "guy with funny-colored name", lemme just say, I really appreciate you putting in this time and effort. You got a lot of feedback from that remark about PvP in the live stream, and I think it says a ton about your feelings about the game that your reaction was to come in and put in some extra time trying to give the PvP community something to look forward to.

It's not exactly a secret that I've had some pretty big clashes with some of the PvP community, or that I have a bit of a tendency to assume that "PvP community" means "likes griefing lowbies". But I know that those people, visible though they are, in no way reflect the broader PvP community in Rift, and a number of the PvPers have been really great contributors to the community.

That said... Don't skip out on the rest and relaxation too much! (Although my guess is that, at least sometimes, doing a programming project because you want to instead of because it's on the schedule is a great break from "work". It's that way for me sometimes.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Daglar and his sexy beard for prez.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

@daglar, if you have time to put it on the pts for a day, I know a ton of us would go over it with a fine tooth comb for you.

Best thanks we can give I guess.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

You do know who "this" developer is right? And give him a break he's come in on his day off to do something for the PvP community.

~Daglar
    As much as I like a passionate game developer who interacts with the gaming community, I feel I need to throw in a _serious_ word of caution here:

As a producer (well, you are) and in charge of the gamedev team, you should NOT be adding or altering game content on a whim like this. There needs to be a system of checks and balances in game development.

I am worried that you are making the other developers on the RIFT team frustrated.

In addition, serious game content like a new warfront should NOT be thrown together on a spare Sunday. It deserves a lot more thought, planning, discussions and iteration than this.

Please restrain yourself.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    As much as I like a passionate game developer who interacts with the gaming community, I feel I need to throw in a _serious_ word of caution here:

As a producer (well, you are) and in charge of the gamedev team, you should NOT be adding or altering game content on a whim like this. There needs to be a system of checks and balances in game development.

I am worried that you are making the other developers on the RIFT team frustrated.
    In addition, serious game content like a new warfront should NOT be thrown together on a spare Sunday. It deserves a lot more thought, planning, discussions and iteration than this.

im sure daglar is the guy that develops the WF's anyway. He's not creating a new WF he's changing the rule sets to them.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    In my capacity as "guy with funny-colored name", lemme just say, I really appreciate you putting in this time and effort. You got a lot of feedback from that remark about PvP in the live stream, and I think it says a ton about your feelings about the game that your reaction was to come in and put in some extra time trying to give the PvP community something to look forward to.

It's not exactly a secret that I've had some pretty big clashes with some of the PvP community, or that I have a bit of a tendency to assume that "PvP community" means "likes griefing lowbies". But I know that those people, visible though they are, in no way reflect the broader PvP community in Rift, and a number of the PvPers have been really great contributors to the community.

That said... Don't skip out on the rest and relaxation too much! (Although my guess is that, at least sometimes, doing a programming project because you want to instead of because it's on the schedule is a great break from "work". It's that way for me sometimes.)
    Yea, and to keep in mind a lot of the people who give the devs grief for ignoring pvp are right here in this thread praising Daglar. I try and be fair. Like Daglar I don't sugar coat (that's why I like him as a dev, he's honest) I've been unhappy about the response to pvp in recent history, but if Trion shows they are trying I'm the first one to defend them. I've never once not supported this game but I have been critical though I try and be reasonable about it.

I think Conquest is a great example. I was very loud in my support about the feature when it was on PTS and was in there all the damn time (even if it was just with 5 other people lol). Yet I've also been outspoken about how unhappy I was about how it ended up from various changes, things lost or changed, and the exploiting when it was launched. So I think the perception is that a lot of the pvp complainers are just wanting nothing but to complain and be nasty to the devs. I don't think that's generally true. Sure you have some turds in every punch bowl, but I think a lot of these guys WANT to pvp in Rift but they sometimes feel neglected. Its always been less so for me cause I'm a balanced player (I like both PVE and PVP pretty much equally) imagine how alienated you might feel seebs if all you did was pvp. That's where a lot of the loudest complainers are coming from I think.

TL;DR Give us content, we love you long time.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-16-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post

Daglar knows what he's doing. But you need to look at what he's adding. Its not a new Warfront, its a alteration of existing rules to make a clone of a warfront seem fresh. Its a bit of a cheat but I suspect that if he didn't do this, we wouldn't be getting any content for awhile. The team is stretched thin. I'm not aware of inner workings of Trion but this is plain to see. I hope the cash influx from F2P will change that but in the short term that's the situation. Daglar is doing the best he personally can do to make sure the pvp community at least has SOMETHING new. I've talked with Daglar on PTS (before he was lead producer) and pvped against him. The guy likes pvp. he spent a couple hours dueling some of us. I know Tyaus was there as were some others probably lurking on this thread. I think he is doing this cause its something he WANTS to do.

Anyways I don't think he's stepping on anyone's toes here. Maybe the achievements team will hate him for a few weeks though.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-16-2013 at 05:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast