+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What is the best Rogue build for PvP and what are the macros for it?

Soulwalker

Default What is the best Rogue build for PvP and what are the macros for it?

I only started playing Rift about a month ago and I made a Bard. So far I haven't used any macros because honestly I'm not sure what the benefit of them is. After getting to higher levels I realized how weak Bard is in PvP and important macros are.

If someone could suggest a good rogue spec for PvP and the macros that'd be greatly appreciated because I'm not really sure where to start.

This is not how you Rift.

But maybe someone will harm your potential and give you what you are asking for =\

Just gravitate towards what your style is and make it work. You can always fill more role slots, so find your enjoyment. Others are usually worse at it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

But maybe someone will harm your potential and give you what you are asking for =\

Just gravitate towards what your style is and make it work. You can always fill more role slots, so find your enjoyment. Others are usually worse at it.
    Playing bard is fun and all but the damage is horrible. I'd honestly have more fun playing something that is good in PvP than something that's my style.

A big reason I'm asking though is because I don't know what macros to use.

Less sass, more rogue help!

You can always fill more role slots
    Lies. There are like 50 specs I want to try, but not badly enough to redo my skill bars.

Quote Originally Posted by crisk View Post
    Playing bard is fun and all but the damage is horrible. I'd honestly have more fun playing something that is good in PvP than something that's my style.

Macros in pvp are generally a crutch. There are effective ways to use macros, which requires that you know exactly what a macro will do every time you use it -- this applies to both PvP and PvE. So in essence they are only for two purposes: reducing the number of keybinds you use, and reducing the risk of human error. Using a macro to make a spec into a one-button spam doesn't exist anymore in SL apart from a few specs (mostly PvE). In PvP especially though things like control abilities and burst damage are critical to manage separately.

Anyway, a good spec to try is 61 Marksman. It has decent ranged damage and superb utility -- various run speed and mobility powers, some knockbacks, an interrupt/silence, and most important the best single-target purge in the game.

Don't discount the Bard either. It may not seem like you contribute much since your damage is comparatively low, but the buffs alone can make the difference in any warfront.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 05-07-2013 at 01:43 PM.

61 rb is the best.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

There are little things I macro. Mainly only things that I can see taking pure precedence or exclusively different situational abilities. Some macros are gimmicky.

Like a Re-treat macro'd with Quick Reload. Don't use it though unless I want the pure double jump.

Very common to macro pure melee abilities with range abilities. Sin builders macro'd to Swift Shots. NB melee abilities macro'd to things like Twilight Force or Fiery Spike. That way it is just more fluid to keep up steady damage out-put despite the range circumstance. I'll macro two interrupts together, putting the better one first. Then stuff that is almost always pure priority over the other. Like MM Rapid Fire Shot over Hasted Shot. I have hasted shot on the hotbar if I want to manually click it for run speed when RFS is up, but rarely the case. Or I macro like Thread of Death with Jagged Strike, as that is almost a 100% same line up of abilities.

That is my 2c on macros. I rarely put more than 2 abilities into one, and when I do, it's often just for more fluid purposes, it's not like it does much by jamming it, as far as operating the toon.

I think almost all the rogue souls can do *something* in PvP as main souls. Though indeed, not all kill well, as you seem to dislike about the bard. Tactician as a main soul is the only one I am sort of weary about. I think Bard just trumps it way more for support, but I haven't given it a fair chance for almost half a year.

So I would say (confidently) that every soul but Tact can be used as a main rogue soul and manage to not be played bad. Redeemable performance if you will. Even a determined Riftstalker can really alter WF's if you choose to play objectively and the team covers the other bases. But I am accepting more than raw brutality as quality methods of gameplay. So yes, with that being said, I have managed to see every soul used as a main not suck. All have their pro's and cons and I try to use a lot of them, I really don't have a sold favorite.

This is why I say play more what you want, or what will get the job you want done. Macro's are far less important than just becoming familiar with the soul. And while not all the souls are killlers, you can deep main soul just about any of them and pull off redeemable gameplay. That isn't even getting into hybrid rogue builds, which has a decent amount too.

All I can think of for now...someone said less sass :O
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by crisk View Post

Bards are godlike. Not all kills can or are contributed to dps.
    Learn the class. Then the macro's.

I do have a MM spec I used to 'try' and get to Nomi. High damage, and I only use one macro. Maybe that is more along your lines?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Bards are godlike. Not all kills can or are contributed to dps.
    Learn the class. Then the macro's.

I do have a MM spec I used to 'try' and get to Nomi. High damage, and I only use one macro. Maybe that is more along your lines?
    I agree that with all their debuffs and support heals they're very good in groups. The thing is, there are many moments where I'm separated from my team and I'm 1v1ing. That's where problems arise because my damage sucks :/

It's nb/rs.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

NB/RS is the same as it has been for most patches - great for 1v1, mediocre-decent for group.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 05-08-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Ascendant

Here's how I play and here's my macros. It's all explained in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AcbriAKLU

Pyro/lock and stick all your instacast under your FB macro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

61 Marksman. Use Eradicate on everything in sight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast