+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: warriors doing damage at range

Default warriors doing damage at range

i keep encountering warriors in warfronts that can burst me down from range. i play an mm build, which i realize is a glass cannon. shouldn't i be able to outdamage a warrior from range? as long as i keep them at bay. or am i missing something?

i just had a 1v1 with a warrior who never came close enough to me to melee and yet he outdamaged me.

am i just imagining this? if i'm not, is this balanced? a high armor/defense class with good ranged abilities seems really out of balance.

it could be that i'm just not realizing how close he/she is.

i figured i'd ask here.
    Catriana@deepwood

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebubble View Post
    am i just imagining this? if i'm not, is this balanced?
    Short answer: no, it's not balanced. While warriors are the only class doing really absurd amount of dmg, other classes also have a problem with too high burst dmg and/or too much utility etc. .
    Last edited by Fia; 05-06-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

*sits back and waits*

Don't expect MM to beat an RB one on one, you're better off countering him with a deep Sin build, or hybrid Sin. MM is an absolute glass cannon that lacks range dps like pyro, inquis, Riftblade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

/waitforit

warriors doing damage at range-joker.gif
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

The tempest build is what makes their range do a lot of damage. To be honest their range do decent damage but it doesn't kill a player as much as a warrior who is melee. Warriors who melee do greater amounts of damage.

Warriors in my perspective are fine. They should do a lot of damage to protect the other classes. Although I wish that WF ques can balance them off because many warriors in a WF equates to WF hell esp. w/o heals.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

that's the thing. i've worked really hard to learn how to stay away from melee. i couldn't figure out how i was dying to warriors. it wasn't until today that i took one on 1v1 and saw that he was ripping through me from range. he wasn't even trying to follow me. and here i was kiting, rooting, teleporting. it didn't matter. i was totally flabbergasted.

i'm truly shocked that trion would not see how unbalanced this is in pvp. if someone wants to play ranged, there are 3 other classes with ranged abilities.
    Catriana@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    /waitforit

Attachment 10558

oh, and yes, i realize i'm probably going to get flamed by a bunch of warriors. goes with the territory.
    Catriana@deepwood

that's the thing. i've worked really hard to learn how to stay away from melee. i couldn't figure out how i was dying to warriors. it wasn't until today that i took one on 1v1 and saw that he was ripping through me from range. he wasn't even trying to follow me. and here i was kiting, rooting, teleporting. it didn't matter. i was totally flabbergasted.

i'm truly shocked that trion would not see how unbalanced this is in pvp. if someone wants to play ranged, there are 3 other classes with ranged abilities.
    You don't have a melee pvp build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion of Telara

MM can burst down a warrior from range, you just have to be better geared. Equally geared, and they will decimate you 1v1. However, one trick is to hit and run with purges. If you can purge off their buffs, a lot of the time they won't realize it. Without their buffs, they do a great deal less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You don't have a melee pvp build?
    i do. i prefer mm. but, mostly it's that i can't change builds in the middle of battle in a wf, when i realize what i'm up against.
    Catriana@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    MM can burst down a warrior from range, you just have to be better geared. Equally geared, and they will decimate you 1v1. However, one trick is to hit and run with purges. If you can purge off their buffs, a lot of the time they won't realize it. Without their buffs, they do a great deal less damage.
    that's good advice. thank you.
    Catriana@deepwood

Jelly rogue, mad jelly.

warriors doing damage at range-cattongue.gif

[QUOTE=beelzebubble;4234853] a high armor/defense class with good ranged abilities seems really out of balance.QUOTE]

armour means almost nothing in pvp, and the ranged warrior builds have less defence than your MM.
    unfortunately for you, MM is one of the few souls that the warriors high armour actualy does provide some benefit against (the only other souls that are effected by high warrior armour are warrior souls).

rogue melee builds will tear apart warrior ranged builds.

welcome to RIFT: Storm Legion.
    where Mages can murder you in melee and Warriors can ruin you from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

[QUOTE=Kronos v;4234975]
    a high armor/defense class with good ranged abilities seems really out of balance.QUOTE]

armour means almost nothing in pvp, and the ranged warrior builds have less defence than your MM.
    unfortunately for you, MM is one of the few souls that the warriors high armour actualy does provide some benefit against (the only other souls that are effected by high warrior armour are warrior souls).

rogue melee builds will tear apart warrior ranged builds.

welcome to RIFT: Storm Legion.
    where Mages can murder you in melee and Warriors can ruin you from range.
    lol. okay. so, it's mostly my build, then? though, surely ranged warriors have more defense than mm. i'm like wet tissue paper. i'm dead if a warrior sneezes at me.

thanks for taking my question seriously, guys. i wasn't trying to be snarky or whiny. it really just doesn't make sense to me.
    Catriana@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast