+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pvp?

Rift Chaser

Default Pvp?

People still play this game for pvp?
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

I dunno ask your sig.

Oh you're trolling.

Since we haven't found much PvP lately, my guild has taken a lot of enjoyment in trolling the PvE shards events looking for idiots who are flagged. We are getting quite a lot of hate from the locals - but try as Trion might - you can't keep Seastone in a corner. We've found how to participate in your cross shard events - and we're here to stay.

Trion doesn't make it possible for us to unflag - so if you tag us accidentally we are going to smote thy face with righteous fury. Feel free to complain to Trion if you don't like it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    Trying to, despite trions best efforts to f..k pvp in the dark and stinky.

Ascendant

Yes, some of us still do, at least until Wildstar comes out. You see, the devs of Wildstar aren't afraid to do arenas and to "hurt people's feelings." They have more backbone than anyone at Trion. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 already confirmed for the game. So, if you like small-scale, non-zergy PvP, that game is probably your best bet for a while.

ESO is probably a no go for PvP. It seems to be a copy of GW2 and it's zergfest.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Yes, some of us still do, at least until Wildstar comes out. You see, the devs of Wildstar aren't afraid to do arenas and to "hurt people's feelings." They have more backbone than anyone at Trion. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 already confirmed for the game. So, if you like small-scale, non-zergy PvP, that game is probably your best bet for a while.

ESO is probably a no go for PvP. It seems to be a copy of GW2 and it's zergfest.
    Am not a big fan of ESO personally,I got bored fast. Wildstar looks interesting in terms of content/classes etc..but the artwork is very childish too me...I will try it though. Rift is Wow are the only MMOs that I have played with any longevity.

Ascendant

best pvp mmo out right now actually ...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    best pvp mmo out right now actually ...
    It could be the best PvP MMO. I agree Rift has a lot of potential, but the devs simply don't care about putting effort into PvP. The raiding crowd pays their salary.

In their defense, I realize Rift PvP wouldn't be easy to balance for any sort of small scale PvP, but most of us would be happy just to have some sort of arena system even if there are OP builds that pop-up here and there. Hell, give us group dueling without arenas. Let us make our own WF's in dimensions. Even that seems to be too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

There are a million FPS games on the market that support the same thing. A lot of them are junk. People get too hyped over a supported game style. Nothing fearing or lack of over doing it. I bet games with that playstyle won't encompass all the experience Rift gives. A game is a game, don't know why so much emotion is involved. If I buy an SUV it isn't because I am scared to buy a pickup truck. But if pickup truck fans want to see it that way, power to their silly views.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    There are a million FPS games on the market that support the same thing. A lot of them are junk. People get too hyped over a supported game style. Nothing fearing or lack of over doing it. I bet games with that playstyle won't encompass all the experience Rift gives. A game is a game, don't know why so much emotion is involved. If I buy an SUV it isn't because I am scared to buy a pickup truck. But if pickup truck fans want to see it that way, power to their silly views.
    I do agree, Rift is a great game and I don't think many new games out there will be able to compete with their concept and platform they have created.

I think people get emotional when things change too much, they lose their specs and it can change a person's view on how they see the game on the whole. Pyrodom/necrolock didn't work anymore, it agitated me to now end..it would be the equivalent of WOW dropping the Warlock and Mage class a the new expansion.

They game had good things they could have kept in. PVP servers are obsolete..they could have kept updating the rewards for daily world pvp quests/changed the rep faction for it..etc. The game had some of the best world pvp out of every game..it is silly just to drop it and not update it with some new items that don't even require artwork.

Thread of the year, glad I caught it. Real compelling stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Same ol Story

/6hours played in the past 2 months. I love Rift, I hate Trion and the zillion crap projects they get mixed up in.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    Guys look at his name! Rhetoric....this was a rhetorical question.

Move along, nothing to see here...
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

While is somewhat confuses me that there even exists a PvP community for Rift considering how bad the PvP is, it is somewhat impressive how much work people are putting into it to make up for Trion's disdain for PvP.
    Last edited by Garnatian; 05-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post
    While is somewhat confuses me that there even exists a PvP community for Rift considering how bad the PvP is, it is somewhat impressive how much work people are putting into it to make up for Trion's disdain for PvP.
    I ask myself sometimes

"would PvE players put this much effort forth? or would they just unsub and play a different game?"

Very impressed with the amount of self established and supported PvP going on. You have to really love a game to basically create your own un supported game inside of it to justify paying a subscription.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast