Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: RoD = River of Death

Rift Chaser

Default RoD = River of Death

Hey everyone,

My name is styxxey@threesprings and ive been running a lotta premades for CQ for warfronts and rarely some open world PVP!

However RoD also occasionally does some PVE stuff achievement runs on oldschool content, now if you want to be part of a mature respectful environment then do the following!

Then try to get on some of our premades and there you will receive our vent info!

RoD is NOT a guild and therefor you do not need to leave your current guild to join, its an alliance of players across several shards that just want to hang out and do stuff in the game together as a team....

Nothing is mandatory you do not need to show up for every CQ or every WF or anything its all voluntary based. We don't keep an attendance list or anything and we play with different people every time when it comes to PVP or PVE!

For PVP we have several people forming and leading CQ also a few people doing PVE events like achievement runs just ask if something is going down in channel and more then likely you will get a reply!

Just a heads-up for any premade or event we start invites in vent and if we have room left then we open it up to the RoD chat channel! the ventrillo info is public so its easy to get on there....So for you to have a good chance at getting a slot for any of the events its a good idea to start in ventrillo and get the info there!

Greetz styxxey

PS hope to see you all ingame wether its PVE or PVP its all good peeps!

Rift Chaser

I've run with you guys several times now. We haven't always won, but we've always had fun. Leadership is smart and respectful to those deserving respect.

If you haven't given RoD a shot yet, I highly recommend you do.
    Last edited by dpser; 05-03-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Rift Chaser

cool thx man yea come with us and have some fun several people leading some better then others like always but its always a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    cool thx man yea come with us and have some fun several people leading some better then others like always but its always a blast!
    My sincere apologies for adamantly insisting you were an Exxy alt. I acknowledge the error of my ways.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

so why does this thread need to be recreated every three days?

i know that is standard for the pvp forums, infact recreating threads hourly is one of our finest services here in pvpland...

but really...RoD...why not just bumb the other RoD threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    why not just bumb the other RoD threads?
    Why do you care?

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

i care because i <3
    Or do you consider them to be a threat now and don't want them to get stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Or do you consider them to be a threat now and don't want them to get stronger?
    a threat? no.
    in fact i welcome the challenge of facing other premades.

but dont you think they are strong enough already?
    they fill so many raids that even when other premades queue other factions, the RoD raids still get split.
    and when RoD gets split, RoD does not try to beat RoD. we've already seen instances of the underhanded way RoD plays when split.

its past time styxxey cut loose the other leaders he's been training, much the same way ABL did with him.
    CQ will be much better when its ABL vs RoD vs JBL instead of ABL vs RoD + RoD.

the outcome of ABL vs RoD vs Pugs has been well established, which is probably why RoD feels justified in setting up ABL vs RoD + RoD matches. it doesnt matter which of their teams takes the win, they can still claim RoD beat ABL. even it it does take them two factions double teaming ABL to do it.

if RoD can field 4 prime time CQ raids, which we know it can, it is time to split RoD.

as such, we need less RoD threads and more <Insert new CQ premade team here> threads

I've met you a few times, Styxxey. The matches have been very very fun (a nice change from the usual fights). You're annoying, stealing the stones in WS all the effin' time. :P When I see you're on the other team I know that our stones will be stolen, many times. :P I might join you, would be fun.

I didn't know mods could do a rollback of posts. Seems like a good few minutes worth of posts disappeared.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

a threat? no.
    I read what you posted, and by how you word it - you view it as a threat. In the least, if you were not threatened by it, you wouldn't have necro'd multiple threads from multiple months. So i can see that there is a bit of angst from you or your affiliated group.

I personally don't care who has a larger group/raid/whatever, it means it gets more people involved with conquest. Do you honestly see this as a bad choice/method?

they fill so many raids that even when other premades queue other factions, the RoD raids still get split.
    Because so many people want into the raids. That seems to be the logical answer of choice there, no?

When i run a RoD premade, I normally limit the raid to one or two raid groups. If more than one or two raids form - I generally consider them as pug groups. I don't like super-zergs, it's not enjoyable for my team that I am on, nor is it fun for the other factions. It causes the two other factions to completely stop what they are doing and throw in the towel and break off into mini groups - purposely avoiding the super zerg.

and when RoD gets split, RoD does not try to beat RoD. we've already seen instances of the underhanded way RoD plays when split.
    I have yet to see this happen. Honestly, post a video of an entire CQ duration. I'd like to watch the faction chat and the mega map. More videos, the better. Words mean nothing to me.

If a premade group is doing a 'cq carnage', chances are - they'll target the higher percentile faction over the lower percentile faction. Which could make it seem like that they are avoiding another premade from the same group.

This quote either way to me is just something to attempt to stir the pot, rattle the loose lines and cause a little bit of drama for attention. It's petty.

its past time styxxey cut loose the other leaders he's been training, much the same way ABL did with him.
    And what about those leaders, ones of which who joined his group that did not need 'training' - which does include me. It's time that you start naming a specific group of people/person who need to be split away. I lead people in CQ with the support of RoD because I find setting up a group and leading fun, and a decent challenge at that. Leading CQ is just like a basic RTS. I give you a quote from Bob Marley.

Who are you to judge the life I live?
    I know I'm not perfect
    -and I don't live to be-
    but before you start pointing fingers...
    make sure you hands are clean!

Probably means nothing to you, but there's a little sentimental feeling to me regarding it. You're attempting to start conflict within RoD by means of proxy. Which is well, pretty low in itself. Which means you're making a judgemental decision by means of outside parties to bandwagon.

the outcome of ABL vs RoD vs Pugs has been well established, which is probably why RoD feels justified in setting up ABL vs RoD + RoD matches. it doesnt matter which of their teams takes the win, they can still claim RoD beat ABL. even it it does take them two factions double teaming ABL to do it.
    The near same can be said for your ABL groups back before RoD even existed, back when ABL were quite large in popularity. ABL vs Pugs, recall those days? That caused a decent amount of commotion here on these boards because of premades joining to CQ.

Conquest premades are not 'American Bell' - hopefully you recognize the terminology that i am getting at. They are a group of people that come/gather together to play. We/they are not a group of people that get so large that they need to be split. If a split happens, it will happen on an outsiders accord within RoD.

At last check, a lot of people (the core anyways) from ABL were near full warlord or at full warlord gear. Thats an advantage in its self over most of RoD's premade groups. Numerous RoD premades from what I have seen are still in mercenaries gear.

if RoD can field 4 prime time CQ raids, which we know it can, it is time to split RoD.
    If they want to form X or Y or Z amount of raids, let them. The system itself does a good enough job as it stands to split off overflowing premades. Hell, the other day (morning USA time) I tried to join my group to dom, what happened there? The server effectively said eff off, and split my group to all three factions. Four of us got sent to dom, majority got sent to nightfall and about six got sent to oath.

The system does a good enough job at it. If you're seriously trying to place the blame on RoD on purposely confluencing against another faction via the means of two factions, I honestly doubt this and it sounds like a lot of conspiracy theories and anecdotal shaming.

as such, we need less RoD threads and more <Insert new CQ premade team here> threads
    Yes, because bumping threads to make it seem that way is a GREAT idea.

The above was my opinion regarding this silly dilemma. Read it with an open mind, not a cornered mind. I play rift to enjoy it. I don't play it on an ungodly serious level. Doing that gets me (as well as others) burned out from playing certain portions of the game.

edit; induringforumPvP
    Last edited by bctrainers; 05-04-2013 at 11:37 PM.

RoD = River of Death-41607_129669109902_3133301_n-1-.jpg
    So assuming a third premade group starts, at what point do they drop the names and just start calling themselves Nightfall, Dominion and Oathsworn? Seems like a logical evolution.

Also, I agree that it's silly to create multiple threads. Ever hear of a bump?
    Last edited by Pork Star; 05-05-2013 at 12:53 AM.

a threat? no.

The lovely sound of the truth

I'm loving it... I swear i heard that before

Its funny how it was'nt even me, who brought the truth, Right to the table

To be honest, he's so predictable, That he'll create another one, prolly very soon

now, because i'M saying that... the truth... he'll prolly say i'm spreading lies, or i try to do anything... i dunno, I've been accused of so many senseless bogus stuff, that i expect anything

You cant run away from the truh

And

You cant run away from your actions

And

You cant run away from your lies

On a side note, Me and kronos still dont like each other, but we are seeing the same things...
    And because we are mostly the only 2 to talk about it, does'nt mean we are the only 2 to see them

I'm pretty sure, he wont be happy cause i replied here but in reality, i only replied to Kronos
    So please, dont jump the gun

<3, Exxy

Oh, I almost forgot

I learned that you "Ordered" Lujayne to stop inviting me, to his morning raids

its cute

Look at how you behave?

You take it SO personally

You are ready to do anything to look better? or i dont know?

Your motivations are hard to understand

<3, Exxy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast