+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh 60 pvp

Soulwalker

Default Fresh 60 pvp

I was wondering how pvp is for fresh lvl 60 players now? I might get rank 50 before i hit lvl 60 as i plan on leveling mostly through pvp unless it takes ages... Is it a long and hard grind before i can be of any use in a warfront? I'm playing as a dps mage.

Mei

It isn't too bad. Don't play like an idiot, position well, and know when to g t f o (lol censored?) and you'll do just fine.
    Last edited by Mei; 05-03-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Fluent

Make absolutely sure that all of your items are bolstered if they should be bolstered.

Make sure every slot is filled with something, don't forget to use 6 lessers in your sigil.

You should have 4900some valor and 19k hp via bolster. Check your bolster buff if not to find out what isn't bolstere.

Once you hit 60 and rank 50 your #1 goal is to do CQ for your PvP seal and to get Revered with the Karthan Ridge warfront faction (Ridgerunner Mercenaries) in order to get your valor capped at 77.5% and a lot of endurance from the karthan ridge trinket. In full merc gear with endurance runes, karthan trinket and blue pvp seal and maybe the sentinel endurance buff my cleric with 200pas has 22k hp and capped valor at 77.5%.

Once you reach these two very easily reached goals you are 100% viable in PvP and all you really need to do is to get better as a player, learn how to play your class and use the proper specs.
    Last edited by Valnak; 05-03-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Im not sure what server your on but you can send me a tell in game im Landslide@greybriar. Would be happy to go over some stuff to help you get going.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

It's OK. You'll probably want to play a sturdy(tank or hybrid) spec or heal until you learn about the different strengths and weaknesses at 60.

Ascendant

It's painful, but not impossible.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Default You shouldn't have any issues.

Do what Daddyfatsac said, and look for a good utility or support role for a while until you get some gearz. Mage has the best overall selection of these types of specs, so you will have plenty to do. The throughput specs will be the most difficult as they are scaled to your gear. Stay away from Glass Cannons specs for a bit, as your gear will make you less effective. Look for group utility, and support. Don't forget to cleanse if you go heals.

Whatever you do, enjoy it as best you can. That really is the most important thing. Also gear does not = skill.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 05-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Please don't play tank spec or a healing spec/ survival spec. If you're low rank you can do so much more to actually impact the outcome of the match other than just annoy people and heal yourself while being useless to your team.

Run a full dps spec, not hybrid, pick a high dps teammate in warlord gear and assist him. You will win games doing this.

If you're a Mage, play 61 dominator and drain the enemy teams healers. Be relentless about draining their mana and cc the enemy dps.

Play a support spec like beast master, bard or archon. Keep your buffs / debuffs up and assist a high dps player. High rank players will love you for this, and 11 times out of 10 you will be more useful in a support spec like this than some void life spamming, natural healing self cast idiot, or some derp in full vk trolling capture points.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Pretty much what everyone said. If you have been rocking in the 50s wfs expect a shock! This may not just be down to gear. Some specs at 60 are totally diffrent from 50s. Save as much favour as possible before u get 60. This will help u get a few merc pieces fast. Be sure to rune it asap. Work on survivors and caretaker rep also for neck and belt runes.

Cq is the way to go for fast prestige. Tbh the stat increases over the 3 tiers of gear isnt massive.A surprisingly large amount of people dont rune all their gear or use cheap runes.

Lifari 59 Mage

Liffster 60 Rogue rank 80

Icewatch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lifari View Post
    Pretty much what everyone said. If you have been rocking in the 50s wfs expect a shock! This may not just be down to gear. Some specs at 60 are totally diffrent from 50s. Save as much favour as possible before u get 60. This will help u get a few merc pieces fast. Be sure to rune it asap. Work on survivors and caretaker rep also for neck and belt runes.

Cq is the way to go for fast prestige. Tbh the stat increases over the 3 tiers of gear isnt massive.A surprisingly large amount of people dont rune all their gear or use cheap runes.
    I'd say if you were rocking in 50-59 and not just because of a spec carrying you, you will be fine. You will lose matches you shouldn't due to gear disadvantage though.

It's rough, but it's doable. I still do alright-good despite the imbalances. The main issue is getting the trinket/seal to match up more than anything (as well as CQ power, but F that)
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Fresh 60 pvp-untitled.jpg

look at the times, add up the damage
    enjoy
    who took my names!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Please don't play tank spec or a healing spec/ survival spec. If you're low rank you can do so much more to actually impact the outcome of the match other than just annoy people and heal yourself while being useless to your team.

Run a full dps spec, not hybrid, pick a high dps teammate in warlord gear and assist him. You will win games doing this.

If you're a Mage, play 61 dominator and drain the enemy teams healers. Be relentless about draining their mana and cc the enemy dps.

Play a support spec like beast master, bard or archon. Keep your buffs / debuffs up and assist a high dps player. High rank players will love you for this, and 11 times out of 10 you will be more useful in a support spec like this than some void life spamming, natural healing self cast idiot, or some derp in full vk trolling capture points.
    This times a million. The worst thing you can do as a fresh 60 pvper is get suckered into some "survival" spec. There's a reason why warlord players don't use these, and it's not because they don't have to - it's because they're a detriment to your team. With bolstering, and the modest gap between merc and warlord gear, there's no reason you can't play the same specs as max-geared players. You might not have the raw throughput, but skill really will win out 9 times out of 10. There are some baaaaad warlords running around at this point.

That said, as a mage, you have access to two specs that function incredibly well regardless of gear: dom and archon.

Dom is fairly self-explanatory: suppress enemy dps, drain enemy healers, protect your teammates. With the rise of pyro, spells like arresting presence and reflective command are stronger than ever. Make sure you grab the dom synergy crystal for double squirrel.

Archon is also pretty easy: macro your buffing nukes, assist the strongest dps on your team, and spam aoe cleanse/purge to counter enemy doms and/or rid the enemy of dps buffs. This spec is meat 1v1, but it is a lot more durable than dom.

+ Reply to Thread