+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Marksman Best Rogue PvP build?!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default Marksman Best Rogue PvP build?!

    I am new to rift and me and a friend just started playing and last night we were debating what the "best" PvP build is for rogues. He says Marksman but I am currently using a Riftstalker/Nightblade build (Marksman for speed boost) and I do quite well in pvp and come out on top often. I haven't seen many (up to date) builds or guides and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

    As far as my play style I really hate ranged classes I like to get up close and personal so even if marksman was my best bet for PvP I'm hoping to make a melee spec work for me any advice would be appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    It's all situational, really.

    61Marksman/12Bladedancer has great utility, great burst but not as much as pyro/rb. It is highly mobile though. 61rng and 40mm/36rng etc are highest ranged dps but sacrifice some utility (61rng in particular has precious little).

    Nightblade, Bladedancer, Assassin are all quite strong. NB/RS is decent but a touch on the weak side at 60 (very strong in the 50-59 brackets).

    Bard is fantastic support, and I don't like Saboteur or Tactician much so can't comment (Tactician seems good though).
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    So BD/RS Is something I could keep until 60 and then to be any decent at pvp i should go RNG/MMS?

    Every PVP/MMO I've played stealth is god

  4. #4
    Shadowlander I am John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    30

    Default

    If you are going to be running together most of the time and your friend is MM, Assassin-heavy builds are a nice compliment because of stunlock. Plus, you can jump in, get all your CDs off and when you get close to death, Slip Away while your MM friends cleans up the mess from range.

    If I solo with an assassin/RS/NB, i usually balance it with MM to have some range and the CC breaking "speed boost." Range owns in this game so being pure melee DPS can be a little difficult. Most pvp specs, regardless of class, include enough CC to keep melee DPS at range for long periods of time.
    Last edited by I am John Galt; 05-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
    So BD/RS Is something I could keep until 60 and then to be any decent at pvp i should go RNG/MMS?

    Every PVP/MMO I've played stealth is god
    Rogue has many viable roles in PvP; if you don't want to play range, you won't be forced to (though in some circumstances it will be very difficult not to).

    If you're looking for melee, Bladedancer/6NB/Riftstalker is nice. Assassin builds.. I'd go 61sin/13nb/2mm, but that's just me. There are sin/rs builds going around as well, which will be weaker but with more mobility and such.
    A note if you want to melee though - you will basically be revolving around 6NB for Twilight Force except in rare cases. I've seen a lot of Sins trying to kill me on Sentinel who don't spec for Twilight Force and often I can just pop Urgency on myself and just kite them forever.

    Just play around - I think Rogue has such great synergy that you can probably just experiment and get an ideal mix that works for you. Hell, people like Dakkota run fairly different builds to the "standards" and do extremely well with them. Just experiment with (melee) combined with some RS, NB and perhaps MM and see what you like.

    Stealth is good, as an aside, but mainly in lowman situations (which there are many of in warfronts - a good Sin can really bleed out the opposing team's score in Codex for instance).
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  6. #6
    Telaran Lifari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Specs are situational. Rs/nb is a solid melee spec. As your leveling up you may need to do the odd random dungeon to help gear up. Being able to tank or bard will mean significantly shorter queue times.

    As for watfronts specs are situational again. Mm shines in open wfs like whitefall. When u get to 60 and start the cq grind best rogue specs are tact/rs or tact/mm for dps. Bard/tac to heal. See what u like best but get used to performing diffrent roles. There is no best spec. Its best to be flexible and adaptable.

    Lifari 59 Mage

    Liffster 60 Rogue rank 80

    Icewatch

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    go 61 mm and purge a good mm who purges sents/rbs/sins/hell whoever has important buffs and constantly roots them is going to be important. your purges wont show up on the leaderboards but its a guaranteee you can cripple some of the heaviest dps with good purges mixed with good dps and interrupts. Is it the best dps build no but what it brings to a team is invaluable its a shame to see so many mm who have no idea what the capabilites of the class/build are and just do the basic damage rotation

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    go 61 mm and purge a good mm who purges sents/rbs/sins/hell whoever has important buffs and constantly roots them is going to be important. your purges wont show up on the leaderboards but its a guaranteee you can cripple some of the heaviest dps with good purges mixed with good dps and interrupts. Is it the best dps build no but what it brings to a team is invaluable its a shame to see so many mm who have no idea what the capabilites of the class/build are and just do the basic damage rotation
    Sadder still are the ones who think the "basic damage rotation" consists solely of Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  9. #9
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Sadder still are the ones who think the "basic damage rotation" consists solely of Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction.
    When I see that it makes me so sad :'(

  10. #10
    Rift Master Krumelur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Sadder still are the ones who think the "basic damage rotation" consists solely of Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction.
    I feel a bit embarrassed...I actually hit chain destruction instead of strafe one time, releasing the enemy besides my target from cc. >.<

  11. #11
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Sadder still are the ones who think the "basic damage rotation" consists solely of Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction.
    Best thing a MM can do in pvp is take those two abilities off their hotbar. Just pretend you have no aoe attacks.

    I've recently been playing 61 assassin and am happy with how it's been performing. Since sin has a charge with no cooldown I'm finding RS ports aren't required to not be kited and have been playing full 61 sin. For escaping when being focused I turn to the direction I want to go and charge an enemy in my backline. Overall 61 sin seems to have good dps and with leeching and good subsouls the survivability isn't bad either. The sin charge also seems to be faster then I remember it.
    Last edited by Mayi; 05-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Garnatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Best thing a MM can do in pvp is take those two abilities off their hotbar. Just pretend you have no aoe attacks.

    I've recently been playing 61 assassin and am happy with how it's been performing. Since sin has a charge with no cooldown I'm finding RS ports aren't required to not be kited and have been playing full 61 sin. For escaping when being focused I turn to the direction I want to go and charge an enemy in my backline. Overall 61 sin seems to have good dps and with leeching and good subsouls the survivability isn't bad either. The sin charge also seems to be faster then I remember it.
    Rogue and PvP don't mix. Unless you're in CQ, you're better off being another calling.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker Asuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Good to know.





    "The answer lies in the heart of battle."

  14. #14
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Just pretend you have no aoe attacks.
    COUGHcrossfireCOUGH

  15. #15
    Telaran Sefik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    61 mm / 10 RS / 5 NB or you can also use 41 MM / 35 ranger
    Jbl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts