+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CQ Wins Quest

Shadowlander

Default CQ Wins Quest

I know there are many complaints people have with CQ. This thread is about a very small and particular one. Please change the win 3 CQs quest to "complete X CQs". X could be 3 or 5, or something. The reason I ask this is that for any individual player, winning a CQ vs. losing is determined by forces outside of their control. For people who don't often do premades, getting a single win can require three or four queues.

In fact, needing the victories disincentivises me from joining CQs until the timer has started and it is easier to decide which faction is likely to win. Why queue with a team early and risk the power shifting to another team when you can wait to the very end, and try to get on the winning team, and get the marks without doing any work, all the while having a better chance to get a win?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    I know there are many complaints people have with CQ. This thread is about a very small and particular one. Please change the win 3 CQs quest to "complete X CQs". X could be 3 or 5, or something. The reason I ask this is that for any individual player, winning a CQ vs. losing is determined by forces outside of their control. For people who don't often do premades, getting a single win can require three or four queues.

In fact, needing the victories disincentivises me from joining CQs until the timer has started and it is easier to decide which faction is likely to win. Why queue with a team early and risk the power shifting to another team when you can wait to the very end, and try to get on the winning team, and get the marks without doing any work, all the while having a better chance to get a win?
    Even 3 or 4 ques for a win is being optimistic, now that premades are running day and night. Conquest has become a complete and utter joke with the premades. Your ultimatum is now: A) Hope and pray you somehow manage to get a spot with one, so you can acquire your wins for the week or B) Join an opposing faction and get facerolled for an hour+, if you actually stick around long enough (which most people don't, just long enough to have completed their daily). It's as bad as the premade wfs were.

I'm not sure if some people are oblivious or being angelic players, but in all honesty this is probably the easiest one to complete.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I'm not sure if some people are oblivious or being angelic players, but in all honesty this is probably the easiest one to complete.
    Easiest one if you're in a pre-made. Sure, I can agree with that.

queue smarter, not harder.

as already mentioned, wait till timer, see who is winning (and probably still lose because the team that is winning at the start of the timer gets focused by both other teams and ussualy loses as a result)

or

queue as soon as CQ starts. premades dont queue quickly. they wait too see which teams fill fastest, then queue the least populated team. if you hit queue random right at the start, you'll have better odds of being on the team the premade eventualt chooses.

or

make an effort to win, dont wait to be carried. lets be honest here, 99% of those in CQ are there to be carried by the zerg/premades/leaders. as such, the fact that you dont win is as much your own fault as anyone elses. man up, step up. take the lead and push for a win. even if your team gets crushed in every fight, that means nothing. the fighting only determines how the timer starts, not who wins. that last 5 mins determines who wins. and that last five minutes does not involve fighting - not if you're doing it right.

and yes, i'm one of those that queues with a premade. this might surprise you, but not all of my quest wins are obtained with the premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    queue smarter, not harder.

as already mentioned, wait till timer, see who is winning (and probably still lose because the team that is winning at the start of the timer gets focused by both other teams and ussualy loses as a result)

or

queue as soon as CQ starts. premades dont queue quickly. they wait too see which teams fill fastest, then queue the least populated team. if you hit queue random right at the start, you'll have better odds of being on the team the premade eventualt chooses.

or

make an effort to win, dont wait to be carried. lets be honest here, 99% of those in CQ are there to be carried by the zerg/premades/leaders. as such, the fact that you dont win is as much your own fault as anyone elses. man up, step up. take the lead and push for a win. even if your team gets crushed in every fight, that means nothing. the fighting only determines how the timer starts, not who wins. that last 5 mins determines who wins. and that last five minutes does not involve fighting - not if you're doing it right.

and yes, i'm one of those that queues with a premade. this might surprise you, but not all of my quest wins are obtained with the premade.
    The problem with that logic is, once the premade faction fills up, it stays filled up. The other problem is, the premade team ques random, so it automatically goes to the faction with the least players, so waiting to see which one fills first won't work either. 'Making an effort to win' is a joke too, because at this point, the odds are grossly stacked against the pug team.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

"Get into Dom three times"

Sword of Telara

i agree with the op. with my free time availability i am only able to play most days at around 1 or 2 am server time. when there are less than 40 to a team every night (one team having 40 while the others have 25 or less than a full raid) it can be tough. most people responding to this are playing during clutch time of the day and dont understand. i was in a match 2 nights ago and the match literally lasted less than 20 minutes and that is including the 5 minute timer. i have been on my 2000 kills for going on 3 weeks now and i am at about 1250 of 2000. i cue 1-3 cq per night. i do usually get my weekly wins quest completed in 2-3 weeks instead of 1.
    Last edited by Ehxon; 05-02-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    i agree with the op. with my free time availability i am only able to play most days at around 1 or 2 am server time. when there are less than 40 to a team every night (one team having 40 while the others have 25 or less than a full raid) it can be tough. most people responding to this are playing during clutch time of the day and dont understand. i was in a match 2 nights ago and the match literally lasted less than 20 minutes and that is including the 5 minute timer. i have been on my 2000 kills for going on 3 weeks now and i am at about 1250 of 2000. i cue 1-3 cq per night. i do usually get my weekly wins quest completed in 2-3 weeks instead of 1.
    I've played 5 matches today and zero wins so far. Can you guess if I was on a pre-made or a pug?

Quote Originally Posted by Toushirou View Post
    I've played 5 matches today and zero wins so far. Can you guess if I was on a pre-made or a pug?
    I played 5 matches last week and had only one win, can you guess if I was on a premade or not....

people gang up on us and we rarely "win" the match... the pvp yes, 2000 kills is easy, but the match for the quest? rarely, hell even the other premades gang up on our premade
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Want to complete the kills quest? Do 1.5 CQs on the premade.

Want to win? Join the team with the lowest number of extractors at the start of the timer (because the top 2 teams cap eachother until it is too late to stop the third from winning) or just wait till the last 60 seconds and join the team that has a 10-15% lead over the next closest team.

I,m not understanding everyone's logic here. If you have 3 Fractions and RoD and ABL each get on one you have a 2-3 change to be with a premade. If you get lucky with the premade then it is 50-50 chance to win.
    The only time time is sucks is when your on a true pug Fraction. This is because the merc notion comes to play and everyone go O's woes with me and give up without a fight. Everyone stands around and spams chat with, f this and f that instead of using that energy to at least to be a thorn for a premade.
    If you are lucky enough to be with a premade, you still have to contend with some like Kronos who defriend and vote kick you every 2 secs. Listen to Bishop blame himself for why a fight was won. Listen to everyone crack jokes about Exxyy or get 2 shotted by Styxxey.
    I have not been doing QC that long but I have no problems completing dailies or weeklies, doing to 1 or 2 matches a night. I just random que as soon the thing pops. Maybe I just have been lucky, don't know really.

ya , cq is a big random toss up... kill wise i will agree with you, we steam roll over everyone. but the wins themselves are a total tosss up and I would say we lose more than we win . I havent gotten 5 wins in a week in the past 3 weeks.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Only if you play in the wee hours of the night. Other then that for the casual player ot is the most time consuming and hardest to complete. When the win 3 wfs one includes port s though its close. I call the cq one my monthly. Then again i hate cq, but for as often as i jump in ending up on the non premade side it truly takes forever to get done.

I also usually leave right quick when there are premades and my team got farmed for the 2nd time by premades simply in there to farm others. Waste of time. Yay for cq!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    I,m not understanding everyone's logic here. If you have 3 Fractions and RoD and ABL each get on one you have a 2-3 change to be with a premade. If you get lucky with the premade then it is 50-50 chance to win.
    The only time time is sucks is when your on a true pug Fraction. This is because the merc notion comes to play and everyone go O's woes with me and give up without a fight. Everyone stands around and spams chat with, f this and f that instead of using that energy to at least to be a thorn for a premade.
    If you are lucky enough to be with a premade, you still have to contend with some like Kronos who defriend and vote kick you every 2 secs. Listen to Bishop blame himself for why a fight was won. Listen to everyone crack jokes about Exxyy or get 2 shotted by Styxxey.
    I have not been doing QC that long but I have no problems completing dailies or weeklies, doing to 1 or 2 matches a night. I just random que as soon the thing pops. Maybe I just have been lucky, don't know really.
    Premades fill the factions up leaving 1-2 factions mostly empty. You are most likely only able to join these, not be put on the premade. Dom: full Nf: join. Oath:: full

Game just started. Guess which two have the premades. Oh but nf you can join.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast